Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ...back from Milford ("Disciples Meeting"), ...my thoughts. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102240)

garfin 08-25-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinK (Post 2258488)
Regarding colors, ...I can just say

Obviously there was discussion, ...'blue' was noted.
I/we honestly do not know what will come of it,. ..but the message was brought forward...

How very true about the "blue" discussion!

Kevin, you have expressed your thoughts, impressions and feelings in such a clear and eloquent manner. Thank you! I've read through your posts and all that's been said on this thread and only have one other thing that I'd like to add...

GM chose to begin this association with the group of "Disciples" almost 4 years ago. I've watched the relationship evolve and develop over that period of time and to me, it really is quite special.

But having watched this process over a few years, I've come to the conclusion, especially after this meeting, that GM and the Camaro Team are really good listeners! This trip demonstrated to me "in spades" that our input is taken very seriously. We are now able to see that many of the points and suggestions we've made in the past (thanks to your input as well) are being implemented or will be at some point soon.

It takes a long time to make changes and get things done in this business. Certainly a lot longer than I would have ever imagined. We can see how passionate and focused the Camaro Team is and knowing this, I have incredible admiration and respect for their patience and dedication.

So rest assured that GM and the Team listen very carefully to what is said, and if the changes and innovations (and there will be a very cool innovation on the convertible) don't happen immediately, one must understand that there are reasons for that.

I would also like to thank everyone here on this site (and others) who have taken the time to provide their input. It does not fall on deaf ears.

Best regardSS,

Elie

Scott@Bjorn3D 08-25-2010 09:43 AM

What I like was Corvette and Mustangs being driven and then the new cars coming. Shows you GM is really pushing the Camaro to be a beast if a Vette was driven to compare to.

OldJedi 08-25-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinK (Post 2258488)
Regarding colors, ...I can just say

Obviously there was discussion, ...'blue' was noted.
I/we honestly do not know what will come of it,. ..but the message was brought forward...

Thanks Kevin, that is all we can ever hope for. I believe that it is really unique that GM/Chevy is taking the time and resources to gather different individuals to actually listen to what they have to say about their products, BEFORE they are built. My only regret is that I was not selected to be among those chosen. However, if something comes up and you cannot make the pilgrimage to Milford, please let me know, I would be happy to take your place! :) :chevy:

Steeler NY 08-25-2010 12:04 PM

Kevin,

Thanks!!!:clap:

As one of those people waiting for the convertible glad to see we will not be dissatisfied!!

Good to see that GM IS listening the people and not just to the shear holders!!

i have owned GM all my life and like the "New" attitude at GM!

v6sonoma 08-25-2010 12:16 PM

:popcorn: (waiting patiently)

HTWLSS 08-25-2010 02:14 PM

I'm still digesting my experience from this past weekend. I can assure you that the Disciples were quite vocal with their feedback. So much that we felt like we could have gone on a lot longer than we did. There were many points touched on and once GM sifts through it all, I'm sure they'll want us to expand on a few things we discussed.

My first Camaro was my '67 230 6-cyl that I've had since 1994.

Here's more about the Disciples: http://www.facebook.com/chevycamaro?v=app_10442206389

PYROLYSIS 08-25-2010 03:08 PM

Wow, this makes my long wait that much harder. I have a feeling that I will be very happy with the models being released in '12 though.

BackinBlackSS/RS 08-25-2010 03:17 PM

Thanks to you ALL! I feel so fortunate to be able to have my SS. I look forward to seeing what GM has in store to crush the Mustang. :D

brandotron 08-25-2010 03:22 PM

Being chosen for the disciples must be like winning a golden ticket.

MrsLT1PWRD 08-29-2010 08:04 PM

It's been a week since our return from Milford and I still can't come up with the right words about our trip - LOL!!! KevinK, you did a great job summing it up well though - thanks!!

I agree with KevinK, Garfin & Htwlss.....the Camaro Team members ARE listening and have a LOT of info to process from the input given last weekend. There's a lot of blood, sweat and tears the Camaro Team members have in these cars and I don't envy the position they're in to make the wishes of all enthusiasts come true - even though they're doing their darndest!!! MANY thanks and kudos to the Camaro Team as well - you're doin' great!!

Fans of the color blue - I'm in your corner and I think I was pretty vocal in expressing that they need to find just the right shade of blue :thumbup:

stryder09 08-29-2010 09:37 PM

Milford, what state?

dreamst8 08-29-2010 11:52 PM

Wow, after reading thru this post, I feel like I have been to Church and had a great session with the Great One! (... fbodfather of course!) Lots of praise! I continue to support that!!! What an AWESOME ride!

KILLER74Z28 08-30-2010 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinK (Post 2255643)

In the end, ...I know it's been said before, but, ... KEEP THE FAITH

Kevin

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 2255691)

So - I guess I need to trot out that old saying that I used for many years........

Have faith!.....

Thanks for the post Kevin, greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

And for the old saying.........Will do. ;)

AlohaBR 08-30-2010 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stryder09 (Post 2275684)
Milford, what state?

Milford, Michigan.