Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Credit Union Supplier Discount update (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31437)

OrangeCruSSh 07-09-2009 03:21 PM

Can one use the USAA discount and Credit Union discount together? I have both but I'm not sure.

benjaminkeith 07-09-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 659645)
Credit Union Member Discount Pricing Program
• Supplier Discount pricing from 1/6/09 - 12/31/09
ALL ’08/’09/’10 Chevy Vehicles are eligible (excluding ZR1)
• Program available to ALL Credit Union Members Nation-wide
• Customer must get supplier pricing authorization code via GM Credit Union Program website
www.gm.com/creditunion
www.lovemycreditunion.org (Credit Union Site that links to GM Website)

CamaroScotty,

Since you're 'in the know', can you explain the process that one must go through to get said pricing? My dealer has stated on SEVERAL occasions that there are NO Discounts on the Camaro (of course, this is the dealer that's still trying to charge almost $3000 over MSRP too). The GM Credit Union discount doesn't come out of the dealer's pocket AT ALL, does it? If not, why on EARTH would ANY dealer turn that down? It seems like it'd only attract more sales.

With your experience, how can I push the issue without ruining a deal?

trm0002 07-09-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjaminkeith (Post 663311)
CamaroScotty,

Since you're 'in the know', can you explain the process that one must go through to get said pricing? My dealer has stated on SEVERAL occasions that there are NO Discounts on the Camaro (of course, this is the dealer that's still trying to charge almost $3000 over MSRP too). The GM Credit Union discount doesn't come out of the dealer's pocket AT ALL, does it? If not, why on EARTH would ANY dealer turn that down? It seems like it'd only attract more sales.

With your experience, how can I push the issue without ruining a deal?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think we're talking two different things. There is a credit union discount that is equivalent to supplier pricing and, just like supplier and employee pricing, the dealer does NOT have to honor it. However, there was a $500 (or close) credit union REBATE type deal a few months ago- that costs the dealer no money so they should (but again don't have to I think) accept it.

calflan 07-09-2009 04:37 PM

Will have to see if dealer will accept, but mine looks to be about $800.
Thanks Scotty for the info. Hope it flies.

specman 07-10-2009 12:14 PM

The $528.00 sound like what the dealer will be getting back from GM from the supplier discount program. The dealer will not make the same profit selling at supplier price as they do selling at the MSRP.

geminidreams 07-10-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 659645)
Credit Union Member Discount Pricing Program
• Supplier Discount pricing from 1/6/09 - 12/31/09
ALL ’08/’09/’10 Chevy Vehicles are eligible (excluding ZR1)
• Program available to ALL Credit Union Members Nation-wide
• Customer must get supplier pricing authorization code via GM Credit Union Program website
www.gm.com/creditunion
www.lovemycreditunion.org (Credit Union Site that links to GM Website)

I am at the GM website to find my Credit Union. When I filled out the information I get to pick the brand but the Model.. Camaro is not in the list of cars to pick? No anything on that one?

THanks.

geminidreams 07-10-2009 12:58 PM

Ok I got it to work and forwarded it to my Dealer for when I get my car built. Thanks Scotty for this information.

josh1147 07-10-2009 01:14 PM

GMS is being honored by at least one dealership here in MO that I know of (I paid GMS using the Credit Union hook up)

Best of luck....very few dealers are honoring prices below MSRP.....right now.....

2010 2-Tone 07-10-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryGo (Post 663205)
Not true. I did with no problems at all. Saved $2160.

Guys or Girls,
Can someone answer how many points you can use from your total and does the dealership get that money back or do they lose it. If they get it back, they should accept the points????:iono:

calflan 07-10-2009 05:40 PM

My dealer today said they don't honor the discount. :iono: As stated here somehwere, it's at dealer discretion and they claim no dealers are honoring it on a Camaro. I told them there are dealers honoring it on Camaro's but they claimed it's a geographic thing. :mad0259:
Anyway, I'm not getting it. :mad0260:

CASTIG 2010SS 07-10-2009 05:54 PM

I am using both the USAA discount and the credit union discount.

MikeySoft 07-10-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CASTIG 2010SS (Post 667488)

Thanks,

I had a GM Employee Discount Auth. Number. I think it is a little stronger in terms of discount.

:D

benjaminkeith 07-11-2009 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CASTIG 2010SS (Post 667488)

How?!?!?

I've a USAA member, a Navy Fed member, and a Pentagon Fed member. What's the correct process?

(PM me if you want, I don't want to hijack a thread)

crunkyjens 07-12-2009 02:39 AM

Does your authorization number have an allotted time you have to use it in? I found my credit union on the list, which I'm amazed because there is only like 3-4 branches total. I probably won't order for another couple months so I don't want to get my authorization number now if it will expire before I order.

Jen