Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Race Wheel and Tires (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392950)

Jeff_SS 01-27-2015 12:18 PM

Hey John, think there was a typo. 18" 10.5 +53 fit.

62nalide 01-27-2015 12:47 PM

I'll post pics later today if folks want pics of different setups.

suspectz28 01-27-2015 06:09 PM

Will the c4 Zr1wheels fit on the rear? 50mm offset

Pro Stock John 01-27-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suspectz28 (Post 8197109)
Will the c4 Zr1wheels fit on the rear? 50mm offset

Got a link?

Pro Stock John 01-29-2015 03:10 PM

Race Star 17x9.5 update:

Quote:

Our shipment of the new Camaro wheel is set to ship sometime in March to early April.
I'll keep checking on this.

united1 01-29-2015 06:37 PM

Hi , I just bought a set of m/h 390/40/17 mounted on bogarts . These are wider then what I see listed here . Will these fit without problems ?

Pro Stock John 01-29-2015 08:30 PM

I have not listed them because they are an inch taller than stock, a 29.5" tire. Some might say an inch is not that big of a deal. Please share a pic of them on the car if you can.

mlee 01-29-2015 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been waiting on these 18"X 11 ZL1 replicas since last summer...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379333

Just about to give up and get some Welds.

This also looks pretty good for an 18" DR

Attachment 690890

united1 01-29-2015 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John (Post 8201701)
I have not listed them because they are an inch taller than stock, a 29.5" tire. Some might say an inch is not that big of a deal. Please share a pic of them on the car if you can.

The car is in hibernation now . As soon as the snow melts I'll post up some pics.

LoneCynic 01-30-2015 08:31 AM

I have a 2015 1LE, and though not interested in drag racing, I'd like a second set for daily driving in early and late winter when there is no snow around, but it is still too cold to run the stock wheels/tires. Would a square set of 18x9.5 40mm offset wheels fit all around on my car? I've asked this question many times around the forum, but I always get conflicting information. It seems if I'm not wanting a winter tire setup, a track setup, or a drag racing setup, then no one can give straight information.

The car comes with a track setup set stock, so I'm covered there, and I won't drive it in snow, so I don't need winter tires in that sense. I just want a daily driving set that can be rotated for longer life. I'd like advice on doing that. I want to get absolute confirmation before I pull the trigger. I was thinking of going with the TSW Interlagos or Nurburgrings in this size.

Pro Stock John 01-30-2015 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneCynic (Post 8202378)
I have a 2015 1LE, and though not interested in drag racing, I'd like a second set for daily driving in early and late winter when there is no snow around, but it is still too cold to run the stock wheels/tires. Would a square set of 18x9.5 40mm offset wheels fit all around on my car? I've asked this question many times around the forum, but I always get conflicting information. It seems if I'm not wanting a winter tire setup, a track setup, or a drag racing setup, then no one can give straight information.

The car comes with a track setup set stock, so I'm covered there, and I won't drive it in snow, so I don't need winter tires in that sense. I just want a daily driving set that can be rotated for longer life. I'd like advice on doing that. I want to get absolute confirmation before I pull the trigger. I was thinking of going with the TSW Interlagos or Nurburgrings in this size.

I don't think 18x9.5 40mm offset wheels made by any company will fit both the rear and the front without modifications. I ran a set like that of ZR1 replicas, and the fronts required grinding on the knuckle and running a 5mm spacer. That said, I think you find a square set in a different offset.

LoneCynic 01-31-2015 02:58 AM

Good to know, thanks for the response. Can you recommend the correct sizing and offset I would need in an 18 inch wheel to accomplish my goal? I had that info from another topic a while back, and just want to make sure I order the right size. I don't want to use spacers, and don't want to grind anything. I am willing to replace the front brake pads to eliminate the roller skates, and I'm willing to tie back the hand brake line, but anything beyond that is out of the question for me. I'm wanting to order a set of five, four squared setup, plus a spare. These are for daily driving, long distance road trips, etc. I don't want to wear out my stock set doing these things with the car. Any definitive information you can provide would be much appreciated. Thank you.

FKNGRSY 01-31-2015 09:50 AM

Are skinny tires DOT? I wanna run a full set of weld RTS. Radial out back and skinnies up front. Anyone run skinnies on the street?

Pro Stock John 01-31-2015 10:10 AM

Square 18's, like TSWs or Forgestars... Nice setup but not really a drag racing setup so I don't have personal experience there. I would think though since our stock rears are 20x9 that there would be 18x9s, possibly wider, that would fit our cars.

Some skinny tires are DOT. You can drive them on the street. The MT 28x6x17s for example are DOT + Radial + Skinny.