Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Will the Camaro have the Horses GM claims? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755)

Mr. Wyndham 04-17-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3whiterag (Post 10389)
...and the top LS(X) will be FAR NORTH of that.:D ...

...What? There's another one!?!?! This is getting to be too much...:mad:Explain yourself!!

;)just kidding on the angry thing....

TAG UR IT 04-18-2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 10393)
...What? There's another one!?!?! This is getting to be too much...:mad:Explain yourself!!

You seriously didn't see his post from earlier? Here ya go. Read them all. Click on the blue arrow by 3whiterag's name and it'll take you to the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3whiterag (Post 10005)
Congratulations!!!! Now maybe you can up the ante for the "special" Camaro engine ( if it is reality) instead of the LS3!!!

I'm just wondering if the LSx is the supercharged version, or if there is another LS engine in the lineup.

TFord 08-12-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock36 (Post 8913)
A couple things:

I think the only problem with the GT500 aside from the weight, is the dealer gouging on the car. It is amazing someone would think that 440 rwhp from a SAE rated 500hp for $41K is pathetic. Well $41K is what it is supposed to cost.

A GT500 IS NOT supposed to compete with a Corvette Z06. There is nothing more to say about that. Just because they both have 500hp does not put them in the same market segment.

The GT500 coupe still comes in just a hair under 4000lbs, it is the vert that weighs 4100lbs+. I'm spiliting hairs, but I'm being accurate.

The 1999 Cobra was overrated, but Ford implemented a fix, and it was indeed a black eye for SVT. However, that was the only year the Ford Mustang Cobra had that issue.

The 2003-2004 Mach 1 was rated at 305hp from the factory, but makes around 285 rwhp. So either it has only 6.5% drive train loss or is underrated. I'm guessing it is underrated. Just providing a counter-example to the claim that Fords are overrated.

I'm well aware how underrated the LS1 F-bodies were, but saying a car feels faster that it is rated is pointless. Your butt dyno is no more accurate than mine.

EDIT: I didn't join this site merely to defend Mustangs or anything, but being a guy that is involved with both the Ford and Chevy communities there is a lot of misinformation and skewed perspectives on both sides. I don't want anyone to think I am here being a troll especially since I haven't bashed the Camaro. I just might end up owning a new Camaro, but that doesn't change facts.

that thing about the shelby GT 500 not being comp for the corvette is 100% false. when the first shelby cobra raced lemans in 59, they raced and lost to the first year corvette stingray. from that point on shelby and corvette were not only competitors but fierce rivals. that includes the shelby GT 500. GT 500 is simply a shelby version of the mustang, like roush, saleen, and is not to be put with the V6 and GT mustangs. with that being said the GT 500 isnt to be compared to the V6, or the SS/Z28 camaro's maby the GMMG editions. the GT 500 is to be compared to who it was built to be direct competition for. and thats the corvette. and so goes my lesson for the week!:respekt:

oh yeah and the ford cobra had nothing to do with shelby, and in my opinion those cars can be compaired to the SS/Z28
and heres a couple of quotes to support that

carrol shelby:

"With all due respect to the Mustangs developed and sold by Ford Special Vehicle Engineering and the Special Vehicle Team between 1993 and 2004, Cobras are two-seat roadsters built by Shelby American during the 1960s. Anything else is something else--no matter how promiscuous Ford was with that hallowed badge over the last three decades."

motor trend:

"the highly sought Mustangs sold from 1965 through 1970 that bear Shelby's name never were called Cobras, even though that trademark snake logo appeared all over them. And this is the same mindset that underpins the naming--and development--of the first new, legit Shelby Mustang in 35 years. You'll find snake (and SVT) logos all over this one, too--but, officially, it's the Shelby GT 500. No misapplied Cobra branding in sight."

CamaroSpike23 08-12-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 10393)

;)just kidding on the angry thing....

im lookin for the vid for you, i'll post it up in a sec

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 10450)

I'm just wondering if the LSx is the supercharged version,

nope.

give me a few min ive got a vid

CamaroSpike23 08-12-2007 01:59 PM

here. Enjoy

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f...97016876f5.htm

8.3L LSx 511 cubes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TFord 08-12-2007 02:18 PM

LSX looks like one bad ass block, from what the guy is saying you could do just about anything that you wanted with it

CamaroSpike23 08-12-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFord (Post 19226)
LSX looks like one bad ass block, from what the guy is saying you could do just about anything that you wanted with it

if it had T&A, id never need anything else. then again, if I had that beast, I could get plenty of T&A... (dont let my g/f read that...:eyebulge: )

Mr. Wyndham 08-13-2007 12:50 AM

This LS block...which btw, those who didn't know, LSx is NOT an engine, it's the LS(insert-letter/number-for-x) engine...Looks like an upgraded version of the LS7, from what the guy was saying, I love the extra bolts for the heads, that's a nice touch:D

Is there any possibility that this is what the LS3 (LSx where x=3 :D:rolleyes:) is based off of?

CamaroSpike23 08-13-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 19277)
This LS block...which btw, those who didn't know, LSx is NOT an engine, it's the LS(insert-letter/number-for-x) engine...Looks like an upgraded version of the LS7, from what the guy was saying, I love the extra bolts for the heads, that's a nice touch:D

Is there any possibility that this is what the LS3 (LSx where x=3 :D:rolleyes:) is based off of?

ive been reading that it is an actual LSX block. and the guy said it was based off the LS7 but notice when the camera looks at the side of the block where it is stamped with LSX? dunno. guess we'll have to wait and see

The_Stache 08-13-2007 12:50 PM

I just kinda figured they swapped over to roman numerals... X = 10... XI = 11... ect...

Mr. Wyndham 08-13-2007 11:01 PM

Right, it was stamped LSX. But, since it's only a block, not an engine, and based off of the LS series of engines, it's going to have a generic name - Hence the LSX stamp. It's not an LS3, it's not an LSA, or whichever LS engine you can think of, it's just the block. So "LSX"= LS-nothing, or if I was to be clever and build an engine of my own off of that thing, it would be an LS-Joe ;)

I am 99% percent positive that's the case.:iono:

CamaroSpike23 08-14-2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 19325)
Right, it was stamped LSX. But, since it's only a block, not an engine, and based off of the LS series of engines, it's going to have a generic name - Hence the LSX stamp. It's not an LS3, it's not an LSA, or whichever LS engine you can think of, it's just the block. So "LSX"= LS-nothing, or if I was to be clever and build an engine of my own off of that thing, it would be an LS-Joe ;)

I am 99% percent positive that's the case.:iono:

sounds good, either way....I WANT IT!!!!:bow:

my origional thoughts...
LSX=LS-XTREME...hee hee hee

Mr. Wyndham 08-14-2007 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 19338)
my origional thoughts...
LSX=LS-XTREME...hee hee hee

That does have a ring to it...I can see it now - a 650hp N/A LS Xtreme....:laugh:

CamaroSpike23 08-14-2007 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 19340)
That does have a ring to it...I can see it now - a 650hp N/A LS Xtreme....:laugh:

I was thinkin 700RWHP, with a S/C = 900RWHP... but im a lil optimistic