Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GM Roadside assistance......... Tested,,,and approved........ (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87133)

allmotor 06-02-2010 06:49 AM

I've had AAA for several years (have a second car that needs it :facepalm: ) but since my Camaro will now be the DD, I'm going to cancel AAA and save a few bucks. The GM RA should be good enough coverage for a new car.

GTAHVIT 06-02-2010 09:46 AM

See.... Cus... I.... Well.....

I mean what happened was... I had been..... You know how when........

ah crap..... to late to talk my way out of it now................ :facepalm:

Ah hem.... For those that would like to know... The results of my Fuel gauge and Road Side Assistance test....

When the needle completely covers the E line you have no more than 20 miles to go.

And if you should also like to verify my findings by running your car out of gas.... for experimental purposes of course... You will also find that GM RSA will have 5 gallons of gas delivered to you free of charge as part of your warranty coverage....

However since I live out of town it was going to take them an hour to get there, So, my Wife and the kids.... who were just getting ready for bed when I called... were only 15 mins away.... So, since I had verified that GM would, In Fact bring gas to me.... I decided to call the experiment a success and have the wife come get me.....

:facepalm:

I really have nothing more to say..... Except that you learn who your true friends are by how much then tease you when something embarrassing happens....

I have some REAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY good "friends" :facepalm:

:sm0: :laugh: ;) :drinking:

Blade 06-02-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1933808)
Found a childhood pic of GTAHVIT.

Love it!!!!!!!!!

LMFAO........this is in the early run for Thread of The Year.

Deemos 06-02-2010 10:06 AM

you should have recieved a phone number at the dealership for it.

GTAHVIT 06-02-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dire Wolf (Post 1935540)
To get GM Roadside assistance (for say a flat tire) what do you do just call OnStar?

I called onstar and they transferred me to RSA and added 30 free minutes to my onstar minutes... eventhough I didn't actually sign up for the onstar phone service.

Pretty cool.

Now..... where are all my "friends" that were in here last night..... hmmmm?????

:mad0260:

PQ 06-02-2010 11:17 AM

;)

I remembered. Got gas on the way home last night (this morning) and made it home safe and sound.

I really need to learn to remember that On-Star button though. :rolleyes:

GTAHVIT 06-02-2010 11:20 AM

What Randy isn't telling you is...........

I was on the phone with him when I Ran out of gas.... So he asked me if I wanted him to look up the RSA number for me....

I said, I'll just hit the onstar button.... you know, the same one you have in your car.....

:iono:

PQ 06-02-2010 11:21 AM

:facepalm:

I always forgete I have one of those.

PQ 06-02-2010 12:49 PM

Dude. If this was me, I'd be flamed much worse. I think they are scared of you. BULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTAHVIT 06-02-2010 12:52 PM

I have this stange feeling that it's not over just yet....

motorhead 06-02-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 1936217)
I have this stange feeling that it's not over just yet....

I think you should change your username to empty. ;)

Shuffler 06-02-2010 03:36 PM

R.O.E. (Running On Empty) vs W.A.D.E. (When All Driving Ends)

PQ 06-02-2010 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey. This guy ran out too. Hmmmmm............

:sm0::sm0::sm0:

Attachment 132238