Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2013 GT500 new certified numbers 662HP and 630TQ? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219103)

69bossnine 04-27-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT (Post 4877222)
What I've gathered over the last few days is that LowDown is the ultimate troll. And I don't even mean that in a totally negative way.

The guys is clearly LOADED with facts... like that ESPN show where the contestants tried to beat "Swa-mi" or whatever his name is.

The negative comes from his complete refusal to even look at the flip side of the coin.
As a Mustang fan, I can come onto this site and respect what GM has done with their ZL1.

For its weight, it clearly handles superbly.
From all the revies I have read, it inspires confidence to the driver unlike anything they've test driven that doesn't literally cost your arm and leg.
The car, while not my taste, is aesthetically pleasing to a LARGE number of people.
GM did a fantastic job promoting the car.
Owners are overwhelmingly coming back with positive reviews and I'm assuming big smiles.

Yet I'm sure lowdown will be the first to proudly admit he sees nothing positive about the Shelby Mustang beginning in '07 and continuing up to the not yet released '13 model.

I agree with that post, including your praise of the ZL1...

goodtime 04-27-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMRULZ (Post 4877267)
Man, all this arguing about stock car vs stock car, who cares, i`ll be spankin em both down the 1320 in my SS... 10.8`s not for much longer either..;)

...as will I in my lowly N/A Mustang GT. :thumbsup:

Huggerorange73 04-27-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodtime (Post 4877313)
...as will I in my lowly N/A Mustang GT. :thumbsup:

Me too, in a 14 year old Corvette :headbang:

GMRULZ 04-27-2012 05:10 PM

Goodtime and Huggerorange, I like you guys positive attitude.:thumbup:
The Hell w/ all the negativity in here...:D

Huggerorange73 04-27-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMRULZ (Post 4877350)
Goodtime and Huggerorange, I like you guys positive attitude.:thumbup:
The Hell w/ all the negativity in here...:D

Hey, did I ever tell you those drag radials I bought from you killed my output shaft! :facepalm:

GMRULZ 04-27-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 (Post 4877368)
Hey, did I ever tell you those drag radials I bought from you killed my output shaft! :facepalm:

Dang man! don`t blame the tires blame yo 6k clutch dumps! :sm0:

all kidding aside, that does suck, weak link I guess. I`ve had no problems and I have stickier tires than those now.:iono:

HumanWiki 04-27-2012 06:33 PM

Wellll..... Being an automatic probably helps with that...

GMRULZ 04-27-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanWiki (Post 4877734)
Wellll..... Being an automatic probably helps with that...

Probably so.;):D

LOWDOWN 04-27-2012 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As they say on Game Shows, to the loser as they depart, "We have a lovely parting gift, just for you".

So, as a gesture of my goodwill towards ALL men, I present the following picture for y'all to hustle back to the Barn with. The caption?

"Here's what happened to a Cam-era, on a road course, after it was passed by our '13 ChiliWagon. We done blow'd the doors right off that mutha!"

HEHEHE!

2sharp 04-27-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 (Post 4877328)
Me too, in a 14 year old Corvette :headbang:

Me three, in my '03 4Runner......wait, what -- where am I ??:bonk:

VRYALT3R3D 04-27-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOWDOWN (Post 4878171)
As they say on Game Shows, to the loser as they depart, "We have a lovely parting gift, just for you".

So, as a gesture of my goodwill towards ALL men, I present the following picture for y'all to hustle back to the Barn with. The caption?

"Here's what happened to a Cam-era, on a road course, after it was passed by our '13 ChiliWagon. We done blow'd the doors right off that mutha!"

HEHEHE!

Oh please. Based on you, by default the Camaro is superior to any variation of the Mustang. That is a fallacy. This line of thinking has become more and more prevalent, and has been perpetrated by many of the people here on Camaro5. When this happens, many people in the market for a new Camaro or Mustang will bypass a Mustang within that class, as they don't deem it worth a moments consideration. Without so much as a test drive, a Ford product can be pushed aside, as the Chevy equivalent is said to be, "the be all."

LOWDOWN 04-27-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronith (Post 4878228)
Oh please. Based on you, by default the Camaro is superior to any variation of the Mustang. That is a fallacy. This line of thinking has become more and more prevalent, and has been perpetrated by many of the people here on Camaro5. When this happens, many people in the market for a new Camaro or Mustang will bypass a Mustang within that class, as they don't deem it worth a moments consideration. Without so much as a test drive, a Ford product can be pushed aside, as the Chevy equivalent is said to be, "the be all."

"Have you driven a Ford, lately?"

"Apparently NOT!" :D

Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

VRYALT3R3D 04-27-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOWDOWN (Post 4878314)
"Have you driven a Ford, lately?"

"Apparently NOT!" :D

Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

http://christiancarguy.com/ccg/ccg/w...tter-ideas.jpg

LOWDOWN 04-27-2012 08:47 PM

That's the year I bought my first Z/28...ah, the memories!