Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who turns off AC each time? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375125)

Wapoel 08-29-2014 05:25 PM

Here you pretty much have to all summer long.
Cars gets very hot inside.

KMPrenger 08-29-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evergreen6 (Post 7920702)
I wouldn't call it OCD. I do it because the mornings around here are cool- that and I don't want to be blasted in the face with air or loud music. I leave for work pretty early in the morning. :)

Just kind of like when it rains and you leave the wipers on. The next morning you start up the car and scraaaaape- dry wipers go across the window.

It's unpleasant, is all. If the settings are just going to get changed or turned off anyway, seems like a nice thing to do (especially if you share a car with someone).

Exactly.

BriteCrawler 08-29-2014 05:46 PM

It was 98 here today.

Auto start 2 minutes before leaving the office, perfect getting in the car instead of being over 100 inside.

SSeniorMoment 08-29-2014 05:48 PM

Leave the a/c on most of the year. :)

wally mayfield 08-29-2014 05:52 PM

pretty sure the engine doesn't even notice any drag the clutch puts on the system when the a/c comes on…

Need4speed_motorsports 08-29-2014 05:57 PM

I do that and its good from the car apparently keeps the voltage from dropping to much during starup.

Plus it doesnt kill you to shut it off before anyway.

trodecke 08-29-2014 06:14 PM

Back in the early '70s my parents bought a new Nova, not because it was a "cool" car but because it was what we could afford at the time. We'd never had a car with air conditioning before so we asked the dealer all kinds of questions about it. He told us that we needed to turn off the A/C before turning off the car. If we didn't, there would eventually be a build up of pressure in the system that could cause damage. I don't know if he was right or wrong but ever since then I've always turned off the A/C in the car before turning it off . . . . until I bought my 2SS with remote start. :)

Even as not so far south as Oklahoma, temps in the summer time regularly get to above 100. I learned early on that the remote start in Oklahoma was more for cooling in the summer than warming in the winter. ;) Since I have to park in a parking lot rather than covered parking at work, I leave the A/C on when I turn the car off. In fact, most morning I'll drive in with the windows down and the A/C off so I'll need to turn the A/C back on just before turning the car off so that it will be on when I hit the remote start button later in the day.

When I get home I garage park my car so I'll roll the windows down and turn the A/C off before turning the car off. No real need to remote start the car in my garage.

bandier 08-29-2014 06:17 PM

If you turn off the A/C, then the car won't be cold when remote starting man! :smoking:

pickwithaustin 08-29-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpiii (Post 7920268)
Oh my, lot of OCD here. I do not do this, turn stuff off before shutting the car off. The first time I rode with someone that did, I was a little confused as to why. Then every time I rode with him, he repeated that process. He had no 'reason', he just did.

When I fire it up, I want to FIRE IT UP. Radio on, air on, radar detector on, GPS on, cutout open.... let's roll brotha!

In that case, why not just leave the car in gear (or drive) and turn the key and get to flying? Leave the burner's on your stove flaming always (why bother wasting time having to start them up?), and keep all the water faucets running.

Or, maybe we can take care of our cars. I dunno.

MBS 08-29-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pickwithaustin (Post 7919850)
I cannot imagine anyone NOT doing that.

I remember years ago, when I was a teen, I had to borrow my sister's car. I turned the key and the radio came on full blast and the air conditioner was fully blowing.

Insane.

:lol::der: Wow cool story bro about how insane it is to leave your AC on .

Ruebernard 08-29-2014 07:14 PM

Everything is shut off before turning the car off. I was always told it is harder on the engine to start with the compressor engaged also it's easier on the battery to not have accessories on when starting the car. It's a habit I've had for years....

DrillinU 08-29-2014 07:24 PM

All the time, old habits die hard

tones2SS 08-29-2014 07:26 PM

Whether I'm in the daily driver or the toy, I always turn everything to the "off" position.
Something about that OCD. lol

pickwithaustin 08-29-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBS (Post 7920909)
:lol::der: Wow cool story bro about how insane it is to leave your AC on .

Yaw bro, like totally dude, like woe... cowabunga! :headbang: