Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2019 Camaro Fest (IX) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=312)
-   -   Camaro Fest IX - General Info Thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542887)

mlee 04-30-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafourche1 (Post 10505602)
Unfortunately, I have cancelled out my hotel reservations. I had back surgery earlier this year and I just don't think that I can take the beating of driving, tracking and standing that would be inevitable. There is a next year and I hope to be up to the task then.

Bummer... but you have to take care of #1 for sure.

Lafourche1 04-30-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 10505647)
Bummer... but you have to take care of #1 for sure.

Mike,

I will miss seeing you, Ronny, Vic and all the rest of the crowd. NCM remains one of my favorite tracks and two days is always better than 1. Heck, I'll miss the drive with Tony riding shotgun.

mlee 04-30-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafourche1 (Post 10505754)
Mike,

I will miss seeing you, Ronny, Vic and all the rest of the crowd. NCM remains one of my favorite tracks and two days is always better than 1. Heck, I'll miss the drive with Tony riding shotgun.

Well if it helps any we did have to drop Wed for lack of sign-ups. Thursday should be a great day on NCM though and we will definitely miss one of our regulars.

mspeed1LE 05-09-2019 06:22 PM

Just one day? Dayum. The only reason I haven't signed up yet is that it's too far out there and life could still throw me a curve ball. Don't want to gamble with the non-refundable clause. Hotel cancellation is good 48 hours prior.

Still planning on making the trip. Should be an epic drive from Vancouver Island. ��

mlee 05-09-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mspeed1LE (Post 10514835)
Just one day? Dayum. The only reason I haven't signed up yet is that it's too far out there and life could still throw me a curve ball. Don't want to gamble with the non-refundable clause. Hotel cancellation is good 48 hours prior.

Still planning on making the trip. Should be an epic drive from Vancouver Island. ��

Still 4 days of Camaro Fun...

Thursday - 3.1 mile Road Track
Friday - AutoX, Drags, Car Show
Saturday - AutoX, Drags, Car Show
Sunday - Cruise to Mammoth Cave
...and a parking lot party each night.

We do appreciate the early sign-ups as it allows us to plan more stuff but do understand your concern. Just glad you're going to make it either way.

You can still buy tickets up to 4th of July weekend... and get the pre-sale savings.:thumb:

mspeed1LE 05-09-2019 07:11 PM

Sounds good! Thanks.

Moeman 05-12-2019 10:42 PM

I am in !!!!!
Woo-Hoo, receipt #609....
All 3 days. Cant wait for another crack at NCM. Have a little more track time since last years baptism at NCM. The Mammoth Cave Sunday cruise sounds awesome. May have to do that on the way home.
See you all there.

Tom And Cheryl 05-13-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moeman (Post 10517244)
I am in !!!!!
All 3 days. Cant wait for another crack at NCM. Have a little more track time since last years baptism at NCM. The Mammoth Cave Sunday cruise sounds awesome. May have to do that on the way home.
See you all there.

The Sunday cruise should be a great ride:happy0180:

Frankie18SS 06-01-2019 11:41 PM

I have a question about the vendors. I know they do installations at the fest but what are we talking about? I've seen vids of header installation. Is that the extent of how much work can be performed there? Would it be too much to hope for a "quick" cam swap? I know that might sound crazy but I wouldn't have thought header installation would have been possible so I really wouldn't know what to expect.

mlee 06-02-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie18SS (Post 10533783)
I have a question about the vendors. I know they do installations at the fest but what are we talking about? I've seen vids of header installation. Is that the extent of how much work can be performed there? Would it be too much to hope for a "quick" cam swap? I know that might sound crazy but I wouldn't have thought header installation would have been possible so I really wouldn't know what to expect.

A cam swap would definitely be too much since there is no dyno and they have a line of folks wanting the smaller bolt-on stuff. Ted Jannetty has typically been the one doing headers and bolt-ons. Check in with him.

Also, ACS does more of the body work installs like splitters and rockers etc. They have a big tent in the center of things and are sponsoring AutoX this year.

mlee 06-02-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moeman (Post 10517244)
I am in !!!!!
See you all there.

:headbang:

Yes, a lot of folks toward the East will probably do the cruise and then peel off to go home at some point but others will continue on the return trip across the dam back to BG and lunch.

Bo White 06-02-2019 11:59 AM

A dyno should be there Friday and good chance Saturday. Should know more tomorrow.

Frankie18SS 06-02-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 10533863)
A cam swap would definitely be too much since there is no dyno and they have a line of folks wanting the smaller bolt-on stuff. Ted Jannetty has typically been the one doing headers and bolt-ons. Check in with him.

Also, ACS does more of the body work installs like splitters and rockers etc. They have a big tent in the center of things and are sponsoring AutoX this year.

Awesome! Thanks mlee!!

mlee 06-02-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie18SS (Post 10534079)
Awesome! Thanks mlee!!

Lots of folks coming down from MI. Hope you can make it.:thumb: