Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Had heard stories, but man were they tru..ADAMS HANDS DOWN! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78914)

Tecca 04-25-2010 09:53 AM

OK, but who clays in direct sunlight or a hot surface. Not only will it do what you said by marring the surface and soften the clay too much you will have to use twice as much lube as it will evaporate faster. Same goes with wax or polishing your car you should always do it in some sort of shade, whether inside a garage, a pop-up tent or any other type of shade.

**EDIT**

Here is a good article by Todd Cooperider, pretty much word for word.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...se-a-clay-bar/

Stex 04-25-2010 11:48 AM

Like Junkman and the Todd in that article say, I was my car/truck after claying.

Tecca 04-25-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teccboxx (Post 1763113)
Some say yes some say no, I think it is a matter of preference. I always do but not necessary just doesn't hurt.

:facepalm: I don't believe I am quoting myself, but I do as well. All I am saying that saying "Common Sense" is a tad strong as if done PROPERLY in the right settings you do not need to. Maybe my word of "preference" is wrong as well I should have said "recommended but not needed"

Adam's Polishes 04-25-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffnshine (Post 1762382)
Just make sure you grow carefully and dont sacrifice quality for quantity. There is nothing wrong with keeping it slower as you build. I have been a High End/Show Car Detailer for nearly 30 years and have enjoyed the results that I have gotten from your product. I now have a intro line on my truck, maybe we can talk about more, feel free to PM

John

100% agree John... and to be honest we're blaming our customers for the explosive growth thats started this season!! LOL... everyone who uses our stuff starts recommending it to everyone, without hard figures I'd say 60+ percent of our new customers this year are referrals from other users!! I'd almost prefer a few slow days to give us and our vendors a chance to catch back up again!

I think the fact that we haven't been out doing anything we haven't done before is what caught us off guard this year. We didn't start some crazy advertising or marketing push, we haven't done any more shows than usual. Trust me... I'd be greatful for a few slow days if we could get them. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sctriguy (Post 1762715)
All is good. Fedex is to blame. They missed scanned one of my boxes and said they tried to deliver but no one was home. I was home, garage and front doors open all day no "tried to deliver ticket" was left. After 3 calls to Fedex they finally admitted their mistake and delivered later that day.

Good news!! Glad you finally were able to get your hands on the goodies :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sctriguy (Post 1762715)
After claying car do you wash again before using PC and SHR?

Personally, yes... I always rewash after clay, BUT... if speed and ease of use is more important to you than the end result (not likely to find many people like that here, but they do exist) you CAN go right over the top of your clay residue. If you do decide to go this route I'd never do it after claying a HEAVILY contaminated surface, only if there was light decontamination would it be safe, I'd also step up the amount of DS you use as primer as well.

Junkman2008 04-25-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teccboxx (Post 1766403)
OK, but who clays in direct sunlight or a hot surface...

Me! At every show I do, I even polish and wax in direct sunlight too! It can be done, but there is definitely an art to it.

http://www.pc-surgeon.net/images/cforum/newport3.jpg

http://www.pc-surgeon.net/images/cforum/bgweek4.jpg

And every unfortunate sole who doesn't have a garage or shade.

Adam's Polishes 04-25-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkman2008 (Post 1767487)
Me! At every show I do, I even polish and wax in direct sunlight too! It can be done, but there is definitely an art to it.

Word. Products behave very differently in direct sun, but for the mostpart our line can be used in direct sun, you just have to adjust your techniques.

Tecca 04-25-2010 06:16 PM

http://www.manysmileys.com/files/j/d...an97839238.gif

Junkman2008 04-25-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teccboxx (Post 1767830)

:laugh:

You guys!

CamaroDreams07 04-25-2010 10:31 PM

Dylan, Junkman, what's the deal is Adam not selling the blue MF cloths anymore? Don't see them on the site just the new double thick white ones?

2LTRS 04-25-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 1768830)
Dylan, Junkman, what's the deal is Adam not selling the blue MF cloths anymore? Don't see them on the site just the new double thick white ones?

Correct! They may still have some in stock if you call Ashley

Junkman2008 04-26-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Because of complaints with lint, Adam is changing the towels to the white ones. I will say this, they are better than any towel I have washed ever my body with! You will still want to wash them before you use them as any brand new towel will have some lint.

Scott@Bjorn3D 04-26-2010 05:20 AM

And just think it, I started using Adams last May when I first got my car. They where just a little outfit then. Now they have CAMARO5 as customers!!! You all better get more help. CAMARO5 is getting bigger and bigger!!

Oh yeah and I love their white drying towels.

Junkman2008 04-26-2010 10:14 AM

Yep, the Camaro presence is coming on strong! You all need to challenge the Vettes! Right now, they are the biggest users.

Adam's Polishes 04-26-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Had them both up... anyone who used the whites liked them better than the blue. We also had spotty complaints about linting as Junk said... seems that during the manufacturing process the quality wasn't staying as consistent as we'd like. My towel all worked perfectly with no lint, but some people would get a couple of towels that linted.

Based on those 2 things we went to the double plush white and discontinued the blue.

Plans are to bring in another towel to compliment the white, just not sure what the design is going to be yet. Lots of decisions as far as fiber length, edging, density, etc.