Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How many have added HUD to their 2010 Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117696)

WCoolBreeze 12-12-2010 05:43 PM

So who has installed the HUD this weekend?

ShadoChaser 12-12-2010 05:45 PM

Ordered my Harness, Will probably install after the 1st of the Year.

hawkfe 12-12-2010 05:46 PM

Hopefully the trim arrives this week and will be starting mine Friday after work....... Update, trim is in, installation starts tomorrow :)

Camaro21 12-12-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfe (Post 2631702)
Hopefully the trim arrives this week and will be starting mine Friday after work.......

Good Luck and post pics !!

Silver2SSRS6spd 12-12-2010 08:45 PM

It seems to me that local shops could makes some extra sales if they started installing this modification. We should run it by some of the local shops. The question is, how much would you be willing to pay someone to install this for you after you laid out almost $600 on the hardware? I would love to help someone do this in Northern California just to get experience for when I do mine. I would even offer my garage packed with any tools we might need. I hope to add my name to that list on page one sometime in the next 6 months.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 12-12-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd (Post 2632178)
It seems to me that local shops could makes some extra sales if they started installing this modification. We should run it by some of the local shops. The question is, how much would you be willing to pay someone to install this for you after you laid out almost $600 on the hardware? I would love to help someone do this in Northern California just to get experience for when I do mine. I would even offer my garage packed with any tools we might need. I hope to add my name to that list on page one sometime in the next 6 months.

I am going to Newman,Ca after the first of the year for some hunting and can help out on a install so you can help some more members later.

Don't have a time set up now but will let you know if you like.

Silver2SSRS6spd 12-12-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 2632388)
I am going to Newman,Ca after the first of the year for some hunting and can help out on a install so you can help some more members later.

Don't have a time set up now but will let you know if you like.

thanks, let me know when you are coming through. I will even come hunting with you if you need some help bagging a few. I can't wait to get the HUD, I sat in a 2011 a couple weeks ago and loved it and have used it in the Vettes.

WCoolBreeze 12-16-2010 07:38 PM

Bump.

OHIOSS 12-17-2010 06:33 PM

Anyone located near Toledo Ohio interested in giving me a quote to install HUD in my 2010 SS/RS? If not, anyone near me that has already installed a HUD unit interested in assisting me install a HUD unit?

Feel free to PM or email me @ russturbo@aol.com

Thanks,
Russ

hawkfe 12-18-2010 01:24 PM

YES HUD

#9. Add one more to the HUD list, looks great :happyanim: Thanks to Ofer, Patrick, Steve, Don O for all the help.

Screen Name - hawkfe
Model - 2LT/RS
Color - Black, IO interior
Location - Mansfield
Region - Texas
Date Mod Done - 12-18-2010

WCoolBreeze 12-18-2010 02:27 PM

Added, and I just got my Bezel and have already installed it. Thanks Patrick. Now my install is complete with the exception of switching out the windshield someday to a HUD windshield and I will wait for the actual need to do this.

Walt B.

XPUPUSTAINSX 12-18-2010 02:32 PM

can someone pm me all the info they have on getting the parts for this. im dont live anywhere near Ofer but i could deff pay for the shipping. and also anyone down in miami want to help put this in once i get all the parts? feel free to pm me. oh and also........Bump.

WCoolBreeze 12-18-2010 02:36 PM

Contack Patrick from GMPARTSDIRECT for all of the GM HUD parts, he had set up a HUD package that includes all the parts you need except the harness. Next contact Ofer for the Harness, here you have two choices, with ABL connectors or without ABL connectors. Once you have everything together go for it.

Walt B.

Don O 12-18-2010 07:23 PM

Don O
2 SS RS
IOM
Anaheim Hills CA
West Coast
12/17/2010

The trim bezel came USPS just as I was cutting the hole in the dash. THAT was perfect timing :D

Don O