Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Torq's latest Whipple Supercharger build, big power inside! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124705)

1bacamaro 01-23-2011 03:15 PM

One day sir!! Looking at some atv's right now to take camping with us.

Bad Dad 01-23-2011 03:48 PM

MORE TOYS MORE FUN

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1bacamaro (Post 2760367)
One day sir!! Looking at some atv's right now to take camping with us.

ATVS ARE FUN TOO :w00t:

thebeast916 02-11-2011 10:37 AM

I saw this car in person, as well as Erik and his shop. The build and the shop are top notch. With all those camaros everywhere 8 felt out of place with my little G8. But I think i could fit in just fine.
Thumbs up for Torq.
now only if I could get that blower on my car!!!!

G200 Pilot 02-11-2011 07:59 PM

Congratulations to Paul & Erik for extracting that RWHP from that Camaro

calbert1999 02-12-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meister@Torq (Post 2754406)
A couple of things to consider:
1. Our Mustang Dyno reads lower than what most are showing, which is on a dynojet. We know 575rwhp on our machine is 610rwhp on a dynojet.

2. We just finished a Maggy at 8.5psi with our blower cam and it made 610rwhp/540rwtq. On a dynojet this would be about 630-640rwhp and like 570rwtq.

3. Stock fuel pump is good to about 560rwhp on a Mustang Dyno. Fuel pressure will start to drop hard making AFR uncontrollable not allowing a tuner to hit target afr

4. A Maggy/Whipple will make way more power and torque under the curve so if there is traction that car will be faster. It is quite simple. A car that accelerates faster will be faster
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7456199_n.jpg

Look at the graph below 4500. Above 4500 the procharger fell on it's face because it was 130F in the shop and IAT's were through the roof on the procharger setup

It's amazing what different builders / tuners will see on varying vehicles. My shop is seeing the exact opposite results.
Most of the research I've done shows the ProCharger is running much cooler due to the larger air-to-air intercooler and knock sensors are very happy, it provides lower but steady tq down low in the power band, and higher HP's in the higher RPM ranges, where as the Maggies does the exact opposite (higher low down TQ 50-75lbs, and lower high end HP about 30-70hp's). My understanding of why this happens is the ProCharger increases the boost as it goes into the higher RPM's and really starts to shine once you're in the 4.5+RPM range, where the Maggie gives it's max boost right from the get go, and then starts to drop off as it get hot and the engine compensates with timing.
The ProCharger also has steadier numbers on every pull vs the Maggie that starts to drop HP once it gets hot; Case and point put a meth kit on the roots system to cool the cylinder temps and provide additional safety in the higher RPM ranges.

Sure, tearing around town leaving rubber streaks in the road in first and 2nd. gear is cool, but probably not very practical, and besides anything above 450rwhp. is going do spin the tires anyway.

If I planned on putting drag radials on my vehicle to run laps all day, most likely I'd get a Maggie, a meth. kit, and travel on long trips with gallons of meth. in the trunk, but with a daily driver and occassional road course driving I believe the ProCharger is a better fit for that type of driving (for me). In any case my tires are spinning already naturally aspirated.

Personally, the extra 50lbtq. or a few extra HP's aren't going to make a big difference in my life, but the added engine safety, and piece of mind is worth it for me in the end.

Bad Dad 02-21-2011 01:41 PM

New Cam With Whipple

Paul Eric have you installed the new cam profile with the whipple build yet?:popcorn:

jonnyb 02-21-2011 01:57 PM

Damn wish I was closer to these guys so they could do my install and tune!

Erik@Torq 02-22-2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Dad (Post 2868969)
Paul Eric have you installed the new cam profile with the whipple build yet?:popcorn:

Not yet, just clearing out a few cars before we bring that one in. Probably about 2 weeks before she is done, we will for sure post information, pictures and videos once she is in the house!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyb (Post 2869023)
Damn wish I was closer to these guys so they could do my install and tune!

http://www.vehicletransportusa.com/

:thumbsup:

Bad Dad 02-28-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik@Torq (Post 2872009)
Not yet, just clearing out a few cars before we bring that one in. Probably about 2 weeks before she is done, we will for sure post information, pictures and videos once she is in the house!

http://www.vehicletransportusa.com/

Pfadt bars here that was fast..
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:on new cam install

Erik@Torq 02-28-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Dad (Post 2898266)
Pfadt bars here that was fast..
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:on new cam install

But of course, we usually have most Pfadt parts in stock, ready to ship! Thanks for the order, let me know how they work out for you, you will love them :thumbup:

We will keep you posted on the build progress once we get started.

/Erik

xavier02832 02-28-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik@Torq (Post 2872009)

Whipple + new cam profile = PURE BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!

WAIT a second, kinda sounds like my build!!!!!! WoooHoooo, does this mean I'm less than 2 weeks away from 600+ HP :happyanim:

SaaaaWeeeeet :drinking:

P.S
Tell Paul, I'm still working on what we talked about the other day!!!!

Bad Dad 03-12-2011 08:33 PM

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by xavier02832 (Post 2900175)
Whipple + new cam profile = PURE BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!

WAIT a second, kinda sounds like my build!!!!!! WoooHoooo, does this mean I'm less than 2 weeks away from 600+ HP :happyanim:

SaaaaWeeeeet :drinking:

P.S
Tell Paul, I'm still working on what we talked about the other day!!!!

:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking: :drinking::drinking::drinking:

calbert1999 03-13-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meister@Torq (Post 2754332)
We compared a Maggy at the same boost level and same exhaust and the Whipple made about 27rwhp more with cooler IAT's.

This is one of the reasons I did not choose the Maggie, torque is great but I don't want dependancy on another system to deal with the hotter IAT's simply to get about 40 points higher on tq. In my opinion if I want more torque I can simply increase the boost using the D-1SC.

Bad Dad 03-25-2011 07:20 PM

Pfadt motor mounts

While the car is down I'm installing the Pfadt motor mounts