Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - California (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   San Diego (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165691)

s1k0 08-25-2011 09:59 PM

Audrey at Courtesy is very nice..

SDCamaro10 08-26-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS (Post 3670806)
FYI-
Rose at Bob Stall is a great service advisor. She'll take care of you and she's fairly mod friendly from what I hear.

Bob Stall is pretty decent, as is Rose. She advised me to remove my mods if I needed to bring it in. Said the tech guys in the back were douches. lol. Overall had good experiences with them.

GB EB 08-26-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 (Post 3672234)
Bob Stall is pretty decent, as is Rose. She advised me to remove my mods if I needed to bring it in. Said the tech guys in the back were douches. lol. Overall had good experiences with them.

hey... she's honest!

s1k0 08-27-2011 04:51 PM

What's good in San Diego!
Vinyl stores?

GB EB 08-27-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robscamaro (Post 3632119)
There is a guy on Broadway here in Chula Vista that did mine he does awesome work. I have been taking my cars there for years. It is called The Hot Spot. Next to Ammco Transmission. Get off on E street and Head south when you hit Broadway. It will be on the left. He was pretty reasonable. Forgot how much. Check it out for your self.

Just got mine done there.... he was saying someone from the Camaro5 forum had visited him this week.....

was that you?

tadams72 08-27-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS (Post 3679280)
Just got mine done there.... he was saying someone from the Camaro5 forum had visited him this week.....

was that you?

No, that was me yesterday and he told me you were coming in today but I went up to 2 Edge for the Open House. I want to see your car at some point though. How'd the bodywork turn out?

s1k0 08-27-2011 06:23 PM

Yet to receive my Camaro! But i'm hitting him up ASAP.

s1k0 08-27-2011 06:25 PM

Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to Vinyl the whole hood, top, trunk, apply 30-35% ( legal limit i believe) tint, and driver side hash marks and also gills?

YOURWORSTNIGHTMARE 08-27-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1k0 (Post 3679428)
Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to Vinyl the whole hood, top, trunk, apply 30-35% ( legal limit i believe) tint, and driver side hash marks and also gills?

There's is "no" aftermarket tint allowed on drivers side or passanger side windows in the state of California....unless it's transparent and used for reducing ultraviolet rays :(

madman2k 08-27-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOURWORSTNIGHTMARE (Post 3679806)
There's is "no" aftermarket tint allowed on drivers side or passanger side windows in the state of California....unless it's transparent and used for reducing ultraviolet rays :(

Not true unless they changed the law in the last few months. I believe the legal limit is something like 15-20%. I got mine done at SD Tint. They did a great job. I did 90% in the back window and 45% on the sides. Just roll the windows down if you get pulled over.

SinfulCamaro 08-27-2011 09:46 PM

whats up man!

YOURWORSTNIGHTMARE 08-27-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madman2k (Post 3679863)
Not true unless they changed the law in the last few months. I believe the legal limit is something like 15-20%. I got mine done at SD Tint. They did a great job. I did 90% in the back window and 45% on the sides. Just roll the windows down if you get pulled over.

From the CHP website.....
Can I put after-market tinting on the windows of my vehicle?
The main requirements for legal window tinting in California are:
  1. The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
  2. If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides.
The law prohibits any person from driving any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows, with certain limited exceptions.
However, legislation signed into law effective January 1, 1999, exempts from the above prohibition specified clear, colorless, and transparent material that is installed, affixed, or applied to the front driver and passenger side windows for the specific purpose of reducing ultraviolet rays. If, as, or when this material becomes torn, bubbled or otherwise worn, it must be removed or replaced.

Usually, rolling your windows down will not help....that is usually the reason they are pulling you over....I know. it has happened twice to me now. First time I received a warning....second time a fix it ticket:(

GB EB 08-27-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tadams72 (Post 3679329)
No, that was me yesterday and he told me you were coming in today but I went up to 2 Edge for the Open House. I want to see your car at some point though. How'd the bodywork turn out?

I'll be in Coronado for the San Diego Camaro Club "Fall Classic" the weekend of September 18. How about then?

speedster 08-27-2011 11:54 PM

Well I don't live there, but we did the world premier of this out there this week:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15320024/r...y-in-san-diego

San Diego is the best...:thumbsup: