Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Autoblog: One Night Stand: Taking home the 2010 Chevy Camaro SS (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18127)

FirstLSK 04-12-2009 09:36 AM

Now THAT was an outstanding read.

What I liked about that article is that is was objective, yet was able to project the emotions and awesome experience of having the car for a day.

On top of that, I must add another quote to my sig-- "But fair is fair: GM nailed the important stuff with the Camaro. This is a car that grabs you on an emotional level. It is relentlessly, unapologetically, unequivocally badass." -- Alex, Autoblog

Camaro Insider 04-12-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMI DAVE (Post 396400)
Your affair starts when I see you guys on the street...

Thats gonna be the true test...

Not some guy with vasoline and a Camaro mag.....

J/K enjoy the testosterone high

YOU WON;T HAVE TO WAIT LONG TO BE EMBARASSED

Camaro Insider 04-12-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougmac (Post 397388)
And you guys wonder why all of us MUSTANG owners are hanging out here !!

I've been a die hard Ford man all my life (as is my dad & 2 brothers as well as my late grandfather). Current daily driver is a 2004 V6 5-Spd. Mustang and had similar 1994 & 1998 models before it (15 yrs / 330k miles and counting).

As far as exterior, I like both the 2010 Mustang & Camaro. I like the looks of the Mustang Interior & Dash better than the Camaro and it does weigh 3-400 lbs. less, but that is where the buck stops. As I am only interested in the V6 MT versions of both, the Camaro blows the Mustang out of the water in almost every other way ... there just IS NO COMPARISON.

This Die Hard Ford fanatic just can't ignore the General anymore !!

Doug

YET ANOTHER CONVERT WELCOME TO THE LIGHT

kdbolt70 04-12-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noonz (Post 400809)
Alex from Autoblog here. Thanks for the nice words, guys. Stay tuned for more: I'm getting a V6 with the auto tranny for a couple of days this week. (I believe it's an optioned-up 2LT with the RS package.) Anyway, should be fun. Thanks again for the positive feedback on the piece. Glad you enjoyed it.

Welcome to Camaro5! I hope you stick around... I'd really like to hear your opinion of the halo's at night. Thanks for the great read!

DGthe3 04-12-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Alex from Autoblog here. Thanks for the nice words, guys. Stay tuned for more: I'm getting a V6 with the auto tranny for a couple of days this week. (I believe it's an optioned-up 2LT with the RS package.) Anyway, should be fun. Thanks again for the positive feedback on the piece. Glad you enjoyed it.

Welcome. I think you might be the first media type to be here. We have dealers, aftermarket, line workers, and a few higher ups at GM but I don't think there's anyone else from a popular magazine or blog.
Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstLSK (Post 400860)
Now THAT was an outstanding read.

What I liked about that article is that is was objective, yet was able to project the emotions and awesome experience of having the car for a day.

On top of that, I must add another quote to my sig-- "But fair is fair: GM nailed the important stuff with the Camaro. This is a car that grabs you on an emotional level. It is relentlessly, unapologetically, unequivocally badass." -- Alex, Autoblog

I'll change my sig and let you keep that all to yourself, mine was looking a bit too crowded with three separate lines/quotes

Eighty-Six Z 04-12-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythic (Post 396654)
Best line..ever

Agreed. Great read, thanks for posting it up. Arrival day for me could not get here soon enough! :headbang:

UCF w00t 04-12-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdbolt70 (Post 401418)
Welcome to Camaro5! I hope you stick around... I'd really like to hear your opinion of the halo's at night. Thanks for the great read!

Number 3 likes the halos a lot. He said they really light up the road good and there isn't a line of light like some HID lamps do but a nice, consistent flood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 401426)
Welcome. I think you might be the first media type to be here. We have dealers, aftermarket, line workers, and a few higher ups at GM but I don't think there's anyone else from a popular magazine or blog.

I'll change my sig and let you keep that all to yourself, mine was looking a bit too crowded with three separate lines/quotes

Ray Wert from Jalopnik has posted on here a few times.

bob2the2nd 04-12-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 401426)

pretty sure there are other media types on here that just dont identify themselves. there have been several times camaroscotty has said something and a day or 2 later the media has said something very similiar

DGthe3 04-12-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 401452)
Ray Wert from Jalopnik has posted on here a few times.

I'll take your word for it, and now that I think about it more I think I do remember one or two others, but they don't hang around much.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bob2the2nd (Post 401456)
pretty sure there are other media types on here that just dont identify themselves. there have been several times camaroscotty has said something and a day or 2 later the media has said something very similiar

Yes, Scotty and others have posted stuff here that later winds up on other sites, but that merely proves that they either watch us or get tips from our members (or both) but none really need to be a member since guests can watch and read whats going on without joining up.

UCF w00t 04-12-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 401576)
I'll take your word for it, and now that I think about it more I think I do remember one or two others, but they don't hang around much.

Went back and found him... DetroitWonk = Ray Wert.

CynAgain 04-12-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Welcome to the site and I'm waiting for your next set of super quotes! :popcorn:

69 Hugger 04-12-2009 07:48 PM

This was a nice read, I loved this line:w00t:

This is a car that grabs you on an emotional level. It is relentlessly, unapologetically, unequivocally badass.

:chevy: :chevy: :chevy: :chevy: :chevy: :chevy:

babyjulie83 04-12-2009 10:46 PM

What a great article. Those are the types of emotions a car like the Camaro brings out.....

I still haven't seen a Camaro in person, and yet i'm totally in love with it.

snizzle 04-13-2009 06:24 AM

Quote:

Great article Alex. I really enjoyed your point of view and your creative writing style. I look forward to your V6 article as well. Glad to see the Camaro elicits those emotions.