Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Rockies / Midwest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   North Dakota Camaro's (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23232)

Speed74SS 01-08-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin1 (Post 1357655)
Okay, well, how 'bout this. Interstate Dragways just South of Moorhead, MN is planning on having an American-Muscle Car Show and "Fun-Run" on Saturday June 5th. That would give everyone plenty of time to "thaw out" and get their rides all polished up. I talked to the owner of the track, and he said that would be the best time to just have everyone come out and join in on the Car Show. So it wouldn't exactly be a "Camaro Specific" show, but it would still be fun and a good chance to invite everybody around to get together and meet. Plus, there would be an open 1/4 mile drag strip for those that wanted to race too!!! I know the gate fee for the car show is $20, but I'm still trying to confirm the cost to race on the track too, I know it costs more. Plus, I'm waiting to see if we can get a discount by doing an early "group-purchase" on the tickets. Whattya think???

I would be up for something like that as well. I am in ND half of the time for work and would love to get together at the track.

Is anyone here going to the Camaro5 Fest in GA? If so, we have a few of us going and would love to meet up and convoy.

Dakota Kid 01-08-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin1 (Post 1357835)
I spent 11 years there, just retired from there last June!!!

I think you and I may have traded a couple pm's....you were gettting ready to retire, right?

I retired out of there in July 2004 and headed south!!:headbang:

2010 SSRS 01-08-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveradohdltz (Post 617396)
Here is another picture with my black stripes.

Very nice Camaro and awesome pic.

Dakota Kid 01-08-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin1 (Post 1360962)
Yeah, I do believe we chatted a few times back and forth a few months ago. Yes, I retired from the AF in June 2009 and move here to Fargo. Where was it that you moved to? Sounds like we might get a few of us together this coming June, you should try to make it if you can!!!! Later...

Keith

I moved to Springfield, MO. A little warmer down here, only -18 wind chill here today. I saw Minot on the CBS evening news last night, wow that brought back some chilling memories.

I am glad you got your Camaro!:headbang:

Toys4Fun 01-10-2010 12:06 PM

Blazzin1 than sounds like a fun time. There is also a big car show that weekend in Devils Lake, ND called Devils Run. http://www.greaterdakotaclassics.com...evils_run.html That would also be a great place to get together. Just throwing it out there as well. There should be around a 1000 cars there. Stay warm.

camaroman/n.d. 01-12-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed74SS (Post 1360552)
I would be up for something like that as well. I am in ND half of the time for work and would love to get together at the track.

Is anyone here going to the Camaro5 Fest in GA? If so, we have a few of us going and would love to meet up and convoy.

Im going to the Camaro5fest in GA. Already have reservations. Cant wait it should be a blast!!!!

Speed74SS 01-13-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaroman/n.d. (Post 1374618)
Im going to the Camaro5fest in GA. Already have reservations. Cant wait it should be a blast!!!!

Sweet - I think we were trying to get some info together and maybe take off that Thursday sometime. We will be meeting up with a few other convoys in Chattannooga TN at 8:15 Friday Morning. I will let you know what we are doing and see if we can hook up.

Speed74SS 01-13-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin1 (Post 1376136)
Well, my "Norther Tier Camaro Meet" post isn't getting hardly any response at all!!! I even posted it up in the "Great Lakes" region too (since MN was in there), and no responses over there either. Well, if nobody is interested, then I'm not going to put a whole lot of my time and effort into coordinating a meet and greet for us!!! I suppose if the 3-4 of us want to get together on one of those days we can, but it doesn't look like anybody else cares!!! Maybe it's just too early or something. Oh well, I'll leave it going for a while and we'll see what happens.

Later....

I think it will get more attention when the snow is melting away and more have their cars out. I would leave it up and see what happens closer to spring.

camaroman/n.d. 01-13-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed74SS (Post 1376798)
Sweet - I think we were trying to get some info together and maybe take off that Thursday sometime. We will be meeting up with a few other convoys in Chattannooga TN at 8:15 Friday Morning. I will let you know what we are doing and see if we can hook up.

Sounds great. I think I'm gona be leaving Wednesday after work, since I have a little farther to go. Let me know the details as they get worked out.

flyer08 01-15-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota Kid (Post 1357706)
I spent 3 years at Minot AFB.....:laugh:

Ive been here for a year and 4 months. 10 more months then i am out of here:thumbup:

Speed74SS 01-16-2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaroman/n.d. (Post 1378507)
Sounds great. I think I'm gona be leaving Wednesday after work, since I have a little farther to go. Let me know the details as they get worked out.

Will do - let me know if you are coming into Sioux Falls on Wed night also. It should be about a 6 hour drive. My cousin lives in Bismarck half of the year with his bee farm there. He has a CGM SS as well.

colegnd 01-20-2010 12:21 PM

Parents camaro

1 Attachment(s)
My parents bought there camaro from Hazen Motors I believe we received it August 4th. The picture is it sitting in our garage during the winter...It has a little over 1500 miles on it at the time. It hasn't seen the outdoors since it has started snowing. The beast wants to be released! It is a 2SS/RSAttachment 87532

colegnd 01-24-2010 11:44 PM

Sure before I ask them I would have to know the place, date, time...I might even tag along if my dad lets me. I'll mention it to them when I go back home from college. I go to college at South Dakota School of Mines and there are literally no camaros to drool over down here. It's rather depressing.

Kyle2k 03-04-2010 05:24 PM

Why are we like the only state not sticky'd?