Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dang I miss this place when it was active! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530506)

The camaro show 06-14-2018 09:50 PM

i think the 6th gen really cut us off, i hate that car its not a camaro at heart, I think they should have kept the 5th gen going especially with the 14-15 refresh. just look at challengers still going strong no need to change just because ford did. thats my opinion on why it got slow

kttxz06 06-14-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 10205326)
Is it just me??? Does anyone else terribly miss when this place was always busy? There were always multiple threads folks were actively responding to that I wanted to read & comment on, always something being discussed I wanted to learn about or just folks to talk to, always a discussion about whatever was going on in the world, always something funny or silly or serious, just like a cool place to hang out. I truly & sincerely miss those days.

Social media. More folks are on there discussing stuff than on forums.

RubyCamaro 06-15-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafourche1 (Post 10212423)
I am curious as I am a member of Camaro6. However, I am sure enough an old f@art and try to hang out here some each week. I am more active on Camaro6, but still like the folks here.

I am technically on C6 but find it equally boring the few times I visit. Firstly, it is minimally relevant to me still being a 5th Gen owner & secondly, it is almost as slow as here. Look forward to seeing you & many other C5friends again soon. Be sure to speak & remind me of who you are including C5 username. I have so many folks I have met through here it is hard to remember faces, real names & user names.

Ruby, you were parked next to me at the paddock, at NCM Raceway, at last years CamaroFest. I had the 2016 Camaro 2SS with the 6 speed. I hope to see you at NCM again this year.

Again, come up & talk to me reminding me of your real name & user name. Being old is bad sometimes but it beats the alternative (as my dad loved to say).

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy 3 (Post 10218452)
Attachment 940977

Here I am with my daughter and buddy at cfest 3
And I’m breaking the biggest rule of all rules.
Im touching Ruby’s bad ass car.
And caught in the act.
I do apologize

Seems like yesterday
Ok. A few yesterdays.

OMG! You touched my car! :mad0260: Okay, I forgive you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by its a syn (Post 10218628)
Iowa thread is so slow it hurts. Most went to facebook. Ruby, see ya in a month. We, more like my wife talked to ya at aoto-x about our daughter who is in the pysch field. Doing NCM again?

Yep, I will be doing NCM & drag racing. I will hang in there as long as I can but can't take the heat as long these days. Not going to try to Camarocross this year. See ya there!

Glad to know I am not alone in grieving this place slowing down. Maybe one day it will return to at least a bit of it's former glory.

farm rat 06-15-2018 11:57 AM

I can only imagine what this forum was like when the Gen5's were new. I have only owned mine since March of this year. I have already put over 5000 miles on it, mostly my daily commute to work and back.

I have wanted one of these cars forever but never could afford one. Probably cant now, but oh well I am in love with it. I have spent more time and money washing and cleaning this car than most all of the other cars I have owned put together

JLSuperfly 06-15-2018 02:05 PM

The General Discussion section could use another V6 vs V8 thread, or Manual vs Auto to make it active again.

motorhead 06-15-2018 02:34 PM

This forum was a blast when these cars were just coming out. My sales guy told me about this fourm back on 09 when I had my first 5th gen ordered. I couldnt go more then a couple of hours without being on. I loved learning on here how to track your order and sharing in the excitement with others waiting for their Camaros. I still look on here ,but I rarely post anymore. I noticed this fourm's transformation to the same basic ho hum that most other forms are. Its a real shame. My last of three Gen5s was a ZL1 ,and I since moved on from that. I spend more time on C6 mainly because there is more activity, but even it is nothing like this fourm back in the day. I have a Hellcat ,and I can tell you that Challenger talk is pretty boring too. I view it even less ,and I have one. I used to like the game threads here, the gals posting pics with their Camaro's, and much more that they seemed to have squashed for what ever reason.

farm rat 06-15-2018 02:45 PM

Well this forum is at least still somewhat alive. Modern Camaro is absolutely dead

SquawkVFR 06-15-2018 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLSuperfly (Post 10219235)
The General Discussion section could use another V6 vs V8 thread, or Manual vs Auto to make it active again.

And a poll!

jewel25 06-18-2018 11:17 AM

:word:

It sure helped pass the time.

hrpiii 06-18-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLSuperfly (Post 10219235)

as I remember, the V8's with auto won.

:nod:

Moto-Mojo 06-18-2018 07:37 PM

Ruby, I’m sure you knew but there was an arrest in ‘Belle’s’ case on June 7. (See the end of the RIP thread)

hrpiii 06-19-2018 06:27 AM

How is the most active thread a thread about the good ol' days...lol.

I know, it's because we care and still love learning and enjoying and sharing that enjoyment with others!!

motorhead 06-19-2018 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpiii (Post 10222446)
How is the most active thread a thread about the good ol' days...lol.

I know, it's because we care and still love learning and enjoying and sharing that enjoyment with others!!

This thread actually got me posting on here again. Lol.

Thanks Ruby!

Jay_LHD3 06-19-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 10222447)
This thread actually got me posting on here again. Lol.

Thanks Ruby!

Same here.