Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Compliments (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552145)

Nameless 04-18-2019 07:51 PM

I split my driving duties in both of my cars and they are both pretty clean and stock looking. My 96 V6 gets more attention than my 2012 V8 hands down. I guess nobody really sees a clean 4th gen these days (even if you don't like the styling, it's still like, what is that?).

But compliments? Hardly ever. In northern virginia everyone hates everybody. What's a compliment?

Spec 04-18-2019 08:07 PM

Compliments? Yeah... often. I can feel the looks driving down the freeway all the time too... look over and sure enough, someone eyballing something on my ride. Often, people lane hoping just don't because they're unsure of what's coming, or rather, what to make of what's coming lol... I can leave a wide gap and cars just don't typically jump in front. Its crazy the difference in how traffic acts from when I drive my work pickup, and when I drive the Camaro. I really do think this car leave folks mesmerized...

I care little about that tho... sure its nice to receive compliments and looks, but it really is a dream to drive... I love it and this is all that really matters to me.

On the opposite end, I thoroughly enjoyed a 78 silver celica back in the day... received 0 compliments, and it sounded like a lawnmower. But it was MY ride and I did what I could to always take care of it... had to sell it.

Its been an up and down ride with a few Z28's before that, and this SS after that. Hands down tho, this car is ageless and will always be 'cool' through many eyes, I'm sure.

Spec 04-18-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nameless (Post 10494650)
I split my driving duties in both of my cars and they are both pretty clean and stock looking. My 96 V6 gets more attention than my 2012 V8 hands down. I guess nobody really sees a clean 4th gen these days (even if you don't like the styling, it's still like, what is that?).

But compliments? Hardly ever. In northern virginia everyone hates everybody. What's a compliment?

Sorry to hear, bro... didn't think Virginia could be that brutal.

I loved the look of my 95 and 99 Z28's... if I could have, I'd still have my 99. I'd have eyes front on a well taken care of 4th gen too... :happy0180:

Spocktwin 04-18-2019 08:17 PM

other owners

Today driving home sitting at a light the car across the intersection was a Gen6 ZL1. It had this funky wing on the back but to each his own. The rest of the car was very nice as he passed me in the intersection I gave him a thumbs up and a smile. He looked then looked down and away. Granted (this is for you v6 haters) my love is a LT RS. Bottom line I get compliments from all kinds of people but other camaro owners are kind of strange...what is up with that?

Nameless 04-18-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spec (Post 10494669)
I loved the look of my 95 and 99 Z28's... if I could have, I'd still have my 99. I'd have eyes front on a well taken care of 4th gen too... :happy0180:

Hell yeah man. Love me some 4th Gens :) They are what I grew up driving on.

And yeah, northern virginia sucks. Everyone is in a hurry and mean and don't give a damn what you drive. I'd move if all of my family wasn't here.

Spec 04-18-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spocktwin (Post 10494679)
Today driving home sitting at a light the car across the intersection was a Gen6 ZL1. It had this funky wing on the back but to each his own. The rest of the car was very nice as he passed me in the intersection I gave him a thumbs up and a smile. He looked then looked down and away. Granted (this is for you v6 haters) my love is a LT RS. Bottom line I get compliments from all kinds of people but other camaro owners are kind of strange...what is up with that?

Its been around 50/50 around here with native Camaro folk. Some do slow and look over and thumbs up and holler out the window and move their hand like they want me to give it some gas or something, and yet others don't turn to look over.

I know they see us tho lol...... modded version of peoples rides very much get looks one way or another...

Aqua Blue RS/SS 04-18-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nameless (Post 10494680)
Hell yeah man. Love me some 4th Gens :) They are what I grew up driving on.

And yeah, northern virginia sucks. Everyone is in a hurry and mean and don't give a damn what you drive. I'd move if all of my family wasn't here.

I get you loud and clear. I grew up in Virginia, 5 minutes from Harpers Ferry Wv.
My family is still there. I miss them and I miss the Blue Ridge/Appalachians and Shenandoah Valley. Don’t miss much else. It’s gotten so out of control there I can’t hardly stand to drive there at all anymore.

Nameless 04-19-2019 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS (Post 10494705)
I get you loud and clear. I grew up in Virginia, 5 minutes from Harpers Ferry Wv.
My family is still there. I miss them and I miss the Blue Ridge/Appalachians and Shenandoah Valley. Don’t miss much else. It’s gotten so out of control there I can’t hardly stand to drive there at all anymore.

Yes. The mountains are the only saving grace for this state. You certainly got far away. :lol: Trying to get my parents to move but it's not working... ah well. Just got keep working on convincing them

qcman 04-19-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Camaro's are like Unicorns where I live so on the very rare occasion I see one I always give a little wave. Some respond and some don't.... So don't take it personally, I don't if they are reluctant to be friendly. I don't get the compliments as much now but the car does cause people to stare. Even my GF says people are always gawking at it when we are out and about. Mind you it has always brought the attention mainly from older dudes (of which I am one) more than anything.

rontammy0 04-19-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qcman (Post 10495286)
Camaro's are like Unicorns where I live so on the very rare occasion I see one I always give a little wave. Some respond and some don't.... So don't take it personally, I don't if they are reluctant to be friendly. I don't get the compliments as much now but the car does cause people to stare. Even my GF says people are always gawking at it when we are out and about. Mind you it has always brought the attention mainly from older dudes (of which I am one) more than anything.

This is so true. A couple of v6 cars around. Most v8s I see are stock....I never see modded v8s.

rontammy0 04-19-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

I have a v8 and rarley get waved at by fellow Camaro guys..
V8 or v6. I don't even bother anymore.

tomlink 04-19-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rontammy0 (Post 10495350)
I have a v8 and rarely get waved at by fellow Camaro guys.

Ditto.

But I frequently get positive comments in parking lots. Lots of friendly folks around here. And I'm only 5 miles or so from one of the largest Ford dealers in the state, so we are infested with Mustangs.

rontammy0 04-19-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomlink (Post 10495532)
Ditto.

But I frequently get positive comments in parking lots. Lots of friendly folks around here. And I'm only 5 miles or so from one of the largest Ford dealers in the state, so we are infested with Mustangs.

I hear you about the Mustangs. When I go to cruise nights its a Mustang infestation.:lol:

Venomcustom 04-19-2019 08:16 PM

I must look like an asshole. I rarely get compliments on my ride. I see people checking it out from time to time but they rarely say anything. They take one look at me and that’s where it ends. Lol