Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The "Camaro Wave" (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8602)

Th3Nigh7Stalk3r 10-21-2008 12:22 AM

I understand. I was just saying that to joke around lol. But yea I am buying the 1LT/RS. So hopefully some people who I wave to will acknowledge that I am a enthusiast and wave back, or just wave back because I waved to them. So yea no biggy.

Iroczlover 10-21-2008 04:24 PM

The Offical rules for the Corvette Wave

The "Corvette Wave" is an integral part of the mystic and culture of the Corvette owner experience. Corvette owners who wave at fellow Corvette owners show a mark of recognition that you are among the elite group of intelligent people who are driving America's True Sports Car. And as a member of this elite group, you should be recognized for your pose and intelligence. So for those who don't know the five simple Corvette Wave rules, here they are:

1.There is no excuse for not waving at your fellow Corvette owner.
Although most Corvette owners have the class and understanding to accept when their wave is not returned, not waving is a serious breach of proper Corvette etiquette.

2.Whoever sees the other Corvette first, starts the wave.
There isn't any rule about who waves first. This is simple; if you see another Corvette, wave!

3.Rules 1 and 2 apply to both sexes. As far as who starts the wave, it doesn't make a difference if you are a man or women. Rules 1 and 2 apply.

4.Any type of wave is okay.Whether you shoot a big wave up through your open Vette top, out the window, or a quick salute with your hand on the steering wheel, any wave that can be seen by the other Corvette driver is okay. However, this does not include any style of jester that can be interpreted as obscene or insulting. Remember, Corvette owners are a class act; while someone might have been rude or stupid to you, try not to return the favor. (This is a tough rule not to break with all the stupid drivers who manage to get a driver's license.)

5. A late wave is better than no wave.If you suddenly realize that a Corvette driver is passing and waving at you, get a wave off as soon as possible. The other Corvette driver may see your wave in their rear view mirror and realize that you where just a little late in getting your wave going. Although missing the timing of your wave is a "goof," this can be acceptably covered by getting off a wave that the other Corvette driver has a chance to see.

So you can see the underlying concept here is simple, Wave at you fellow Corvette owners, whoever they are, whenever you see them. This will show you are a person who understands the full measure and etiquette that comes with your proud ownership of a Corvette.

Dan Woomer (LCCC) wrote and published these on October 23, 2003

oldbowtie 04-07-2009 07:03 AM

When You See Another 2010 Camaro

I hope this isn't in another thread but here I go. What are you going to do when you see another 2010 Camaro heading towards you? I've been riding motorcycles since 1968 and, on the road I've given a "thumbs-up" to bikes coming towards me. From 1971 to 2007 I've owned a couple of Chevelles and, basically, did the same thing. Now, there's always the occational dude that is "too cool" to acknowledge you. But, What are you going to do?

If you see a RJT 2SS/RS with 20" polished wheels and Ohio tags heading towards you...I'm the Guy behind the wheel giving you a "thumbs-up".

Former Rides:
1966 Chevelle (1971 to 2007)
1970 Chevelle (1974 to 1991)

See ya on the road...

salphonso 04-07-2009 07:09 AM

I always felt the need to give another Camaro driver a nod or wave when passing them on the road. Most of the time I got a wave or nod in return and a few times I got the "who the hell are you" stare.

Camaro_Corvette 04-07-2009 07:13 AM

I'm gonna wave at every single camaro that drives by. :wave: I don't care if it is barely running, I don't care if it's been mistreated, I don't care if it's a rust bucket, nor will I care if it's somebody I hate driving it.:chevy:

kdbolt70 04-07-2009 07:15 AM

I was just about to ressurect an old thread I started about this. I ride sportbikes, and also drive a corvette, and both groups wave at their respective members when passing. I hope this is true for Camaros too!

Edit: Here it is: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8602 There's quite a few posts on this :thumbsup:

VenomZ302 04-07-2009 07:43 AM

I used to "throw up the horns" when I saw Camaros and Corvettes while driving any of the Camaros I've driven. For any who don't know, that's this emoticon, minus the headbanging: :headbang:

\m/!

Now maybe I'll just flash the lights or turn on/off the halos. We'll see.

Chevyrocker 04-07-2009 07:45 AM

Kinda like the "Corvette wave"...just an acknowledgement of shared awesomeness between two drivers.

Camaro509 04-07-2009 08:02 AM

I will 'flash' other Camaro drivers. :wave:

We really need a 'flasher' emoticon...

Chevyrocker 04-07-2009 08:08 AM

----mental note...stay out of Kansas---

JJ#48Racing 04-07-2009 08:08 AM

I've always waved at other 4th gen SS's. I'll do the same for the 5th gen too.

StoutFiles 04-07-2009 08:29 AM

Eventually the new Camaro will be as common as the Mustang...would you still wave at every driver?

Camaro_Corvette 04-07-2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoutFiles (Post 389661)
Eventually the new Camaro will be as common as the Mustang...would you still wave at every driver?

Jeeps do it and there is millions of those out there. So...yeah:D I guess your arm is just going to get tired after a while...:wave:

Kyle.Gilmour 04-07-2009 08:54 AM

I had dream about this last week...

I was driving my 5th gen and passed another one on the highway and he had his halos on and he made it wink at me. The driver side halo flashed on and off. I woke up thinking that was awesome an thought to myself.. GM should give us the option to "wink" one Halo at our fellow brother and sisters. Totally unnecessary, but sounded like a good idea in the haze that was me waking up. haha