Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Here's the damage and the plan to rebuild (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312894)

Supercharged SS 08-14-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allanski (Post 6898311)
From your first post
"They got the motor pulled and torn apart this am. It does look like then when the car hit the limiter hard, the tb closed and forced the nitrous to pack up in the intake tube. When the tb opened back up all the nitrous ran in and was dumped in the first two cylinders it found."

Could this happen with a meth injection too?
or not because the meth is not mixed directly with fuel?

Good question. I don't have the answer though. I would think it would pack up but maybe not blow up. My nitrous is dry, no fuel mixed in. The tune provides the extra fuel.

Adadda 08-14-2013 07:42 PM

Don't take this the wrong way but everyone seems to be blaming the nitrous for the problem, but how it was used was the problem. Just don't want anyone thinking that nitrous is un safe or will cause the same problems. As a power adder dollar for dollar it can't be beat.

Supercharged SS 08-14-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adadda (Post 6898779)
Don't take this the wrong way but everyone seems to be blaming the nitrous for the problem, but how it was used was the problem. Just don't want anyone thinking that nitrous is un safe or will cause the same problems. As a power adder dollar for dollar it can't be beat.

Nitrous did the damage but wasn't what started it. The excessive wheel spin did. That put everything in motion. Then the TB closed. Then the nitrous packed up, then the TB re-opened, then a shitload of nitrous entered the first low pressure area it found and melted the piston.

I have no problem with nitrous. I'll be spraying a buck twentyfive next time out. This time I'll have a whole new suspension under the car as well in hopes to eliminate the awful spinning.

Shit happens. All you can do is fix it and keep going.:D

Adadda 08-14-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6898804)
Nitrous did the damage but wasn't what started it. The excessive wheel spin did. That put everything in motion. Then the TB closed. Then the nitrous packed up, then the TB re-opened, then a shitload of nitrous entered the first low pressure area it found and melted the piston.

I have no problem with nitrous. I'll be spraying a buck twentyfive next time out. This time I'll have a whole new suspension under the car as well in hopes to eliminate the awful spinning.

:thumbup: 125. To start lol I bet you end up with just a little more
Lets get that thing back together before October

Supercharged SS 08-14-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adadda (Post 6898824)
:thumbup: 125. To start lol I bet you end up with just a little more
Lets get that thing back together before October

I'm hoping to be on the track on Sept 6!!!!!!:happyanim: Whats a JRE rental without my car!:noidea:

jrpxxii 08-14-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allanski (Post 6898311)
From your first post
"They got the motor pulled and torn apart this am. It does look like then when the car hit the limiter hard, the tb closed and forced the nitrous to pack up in the intake tube. When the tb opened back up all the nitrous ran in and was dumped in the first two cylinders it found."

Could this happen with a meth injection too?
or not because the meth is not mixed directly with fuel?

Yes this can happen with meth but not for the same reason as Jamies engine could have been a lot worse as nitrous could have blown the block apart but meth can cause issues if its not tuned properly or their is a malfunction with the controller as it will allow temps to spike. I had meth with my tvs2300 on my first setup and the controller went bad and so did the motor. Meth is different as it should be tuned for the cooling factor which will add power but most people think you can add meth and get aggressive with the tune but if anything goes wrong it can be catastrophic. Nitrous is the cheapest hp out there and is very safe if it used properly but can do serious damage if you don't know how to use it.

jrpxxii 08-14-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6898836)
Whats a JRE rental without my car!:noidea:

Probably a lot more fun :eyebulge:

Supercharged SS 08-14-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrpxxii (Post 6898860)
Probably a lot more fun :eyebulge:

No no no. There needs to be at least one fast car!

jrpxxii 08-14-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6898866)

Whatever happen to big ole lemon Ted built? aka "Ray"

rdblan2 08-14-2013 08:12 PM

You should track the rental! :thumbup:

Chris82xx 08-14-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6898866)

So then your car won't be there. :happyanim:

Supercharged SS 08-15-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrpxxii (Post 6898894)
Whatever happen to big ole lemon Ted built? aka "Ray"

He's around. Just at cruise nights, not racing. Maybe in sept.

calbert1999 08-15-2013 12:41 PM

We've been there before man, it's like a line up 1st. 2nd., 3rd., .... it's just a matter of time that's all.

Gotthat02fire 08-15-2013 01:03 PM

What are you running now suspension wise and what are you moving to? That piston had a really bad day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6898804)