Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   2012+ V6 LFX Performance Modifications (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222713)

colingordon 05-13-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry G. (Post 4957466)
Thanks guys. Dont forget to email!

I already did! And if you have any modifications I don't have in my list I will be updating it tommrow afternoon I haven't been able to lately because I have been busy but just post it here and I'll update it!

meissen 05-14-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry G. (Post 4956275)
Good info/and mis-info leads me to the same conclusion I came to after buying my LFX: this website needs an LFX only mod section. I will email the administrator but without support for it, everyone with a 2012 V-6 will have to continnue to wade through the LLT/LFX to read and post their info on their 2012 and up. If you agree PM the administrator.

The link for messaging them is here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/sendmessage.php

I tried creating a thread with a poll so people could vote (we all know managers and above just want to see pretty graphs, not read through 5 pages of people saying whether they agree or not) and magically all the supporters of the LFX subforum disappeared. :facepalm: I went from being the devils advocate in the previous thread bout the LFX subforum to the only one defending the idea in that thread. :mad0260:

colingordon 05-14-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meissen (Post 4957998)
I tried creating a thread with a poll so people could vote (we all know managers and above just want to see pretty graphs, not read through 5 pages of people saying whether they agree or not) and magically all the supporters of the LFX subforum disappeared. :facepalm: I went from being the devils advocate in the previous thread bout the LFX subforum to the only one defending the idea in that thread. :mad0260:

I support the LFX sub forum I am about to put a "Yes" or "No" poll in this thread

onelapdoc 05-14-2012 04:43 PM

HenryG >> I soooo support an LFX only.. As a I wade through all the V6 stuff I have gotten excited multiple times only to find its not available for the LFX.

yzark99 05-14-2012 08:07 PM

Solo cat-back exhaust for v6 coupe needs to be added to the first post:
http://solo-performance.com/pe-camaro-llt-std-auto

I have this "LLT" exhaust on my LFX, best mod so far. Solo didn't change anything in the coupe version from LLT to LFX, so don't be afraid to order it.

I also emailed the mods about a new sub-forum.

colingordon 05-14-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yzark99 (Post 4961996)
Solo cat-back exhaust for v6 coupe needs to be added to the first post:
http://solo-performance.com/pe-camaro-llt-std-auto

I have this "LLT" exhaust on my LFX, best mod so far. Solo didn't change anything in the coupe version from LLT to LFX, so don't be afraid to order it.

I also emailed the mods about a new sub-forum.

I'll add it right now

Henry G. 05-14-2012 09:28 PM

Good job guys its only common sense really, thanks

colingordon 05-14-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry G. (Post 4962594)
Good job guys its only common sense really, thanks

I agree. Looks like we are winning in the poll also! 14-2 :thumbup:

KMPrenger 05-14-2012 09:53 PM

Just my thoughts, but I really don't think you guys will need to be adding exhausts to this thread. I think my sticky thread covers that pretty well and as far as I know, all of the catbacks and certainly the axle backs there will work for the LFX. I even state at the beginning in bright red text that headers will not work on the 2012+ V6.

That said...if you want to start your own compilation here, go for it. I have no problems with it.

Hellfighter 05-14-2012 10:04 PM

After marketers need to invest somekinds of thing to add to the engine that will work as header manifolds .

colingordon 05-14-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 4962776)
Just my thoughts, but I really don't think you guys will need to be adding exhausts to this thread. I think my sticky thread covers that pretty well and as far as I know, all of the catbacks and certainly the axle backs there will work for the LFX. I even state at the beginning in bright red text that headers will not work on the 2012+ V6.

That said...if you want to start your own compilation here, go for it. I have no problems with it.

Its not that im trying to steal your idea or anything but the LLT and LFX are different engines which I know you definitely know. haha but I thought it would be a good idea to have a one thread where everything and anything that is made or will work on the 2012 Camaro will be on there, I havent had much time to update it as much as I wanted to but if I have time tonight I am going to update it some more.

colingordon 05-15-2012 08:30 AM

I am liking this poll 19-2 LFX having a sub forum is winning :popcorn:

meissen 05-15-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellfighter (Post 4962848)
After marketers need to invest somekinds of thing to add to the engine that will work as header manifolds .

Why is everyone so hell bent on "headers" on the LFX? If they already flow good and the current exhaust design adds horsepower over the LLT, why does everyone get up in arms about not having headers? With the boost in HP the LFX sees thanks to the integrated exhaust manifolds in the head design, supporting exhaust mods (high flow cats, catback exhaust) are all you need.

colingordon 05-15-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meissen (Post 4964778)
Why is everyone so hell bent on "headers" on the LFX? If they already flow good and the current exhaust design adds horsepower over the LLT, why does everyone get up in arms about not having headers? With the boost in HP the LFX sees thanks to the integrated exhaust manifolds in the head design, supporting exhaust mods (high flow cats, catback exhaust) are all you need.

I agree so much why be so obsessed with headers when they are built in for you? I'd much rather have a factory "headers" then a aftermarket one that could cause problems it probably wouldn't but it could like the long headers that make the CEL go on. The aftermarket headers and the factory "headers" give just about the same power gain