Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I think I was profiled (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112515)

Rip 10-25-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro guy (Post 2480066)
haha. did you learn that in intro to criminal justice? theres a municipal jurisdiction for municipal officers which is a city limits for the municipal ordinances. ex: cant write a miami speeding ticket if the violation occurred in tampa. then theres state jurisdiction which means there are state traffic codes. these state traffic codes can be enforced by any officer in the state anywhere in the state. therefore miami pd can drive to tampa and write you STATE tickets all day long.

Maybe in Missouri, not in FL, MS or LA.

Rip 10-25-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyov (Post 2479983)
Apparently, no good can come out of being on the road at the time.

Didn't realize it was illegal to drive at 3:30 am (I know you're being sarcastic)

camaro guy 10-25-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip (Post 2480140)
Maybe in Missouri, not in FL, MS or LA.

where did you get this information?

tokyov 10-25-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro guy (Post 2480159)
where did you get this information?

How about 4 years experience as a criminal defense lawyer, with some ticket clinic work on the side? When you have a Bar card in your state, maybe I'll listen to you on your jurisdictional law "analysis."

tokyov 10-25-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip (Post 2480143)
Didn't realize it was illegal to drive at 3:30 am (I know you're being sarcastic)

Yay, someone got my sarcasm :happyanim:

Hence the reason why I give cops who have no RS to stop me shit, because I know no matter what I do, because they have no right being in my face (stopping me in the first place), anything arising out of that stop cannot be used to cite me.

I always try to write a complaint letter to the officer's department. Believe it or not, it goes on their record for life.

Mark Myles 10-25-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 2479913)
3.30 AM....is the key bit of info there.

:word:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip (Post 2479955)
Why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyov (Post 2479983)
Apparently, no good can come out of being on the road at the time.

:clap:...lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip (Post 2480143)

:word:

I agree...I really don't care to be pulled over for no reason, but that's just me....

M :thumbsup:

camaro guy 10-25-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyov (Post 2480195)
Yay, someone got my sarcasm :happyanim:

Hence the reason why I give cops who have no RS to stop me shit, because I know no matter what I do, because they have no right being in my face (stopping me in the first place), anything arising out of that stop cannot be used to cite me.

I always try to write a complaint letter to the officer's department. Believe it or not, it goes on their record for life.

everything you say is wrong. you were speeding, thats probable cause not reasonable suspicion. are you still in law school? i mean come on you dont know basic criminology. you cant reasonably suspect a person was speeding and stop them. you need evidence. (radar, pace, etc.)

yes, lawyers do think they know everything. yes, lawyers lie more than car salesman. no, unfounded complaints dont stay in an officers file for life. yes, officers can enforce state laws in ALL 50 states. with you having zero experience with law enforcement, you are basically pulling facts straight out of your ass. am i right? if you actually did pass the bar then post a picture of your bar card bro.

BowlingSS 10-25-2010 03:02 PM

I just read this thread because I was bore waiting on my 2011 Camaro. AT least you did not get a ticket.

Bill

camaro guy 10-25-2010 03:14 PM

defense lawyers get their rocks off getting drug dealers and thieves out of charges.

camaro guy 10-25-2010 03:16 PM

by all means. if you are stopped and the officer tells you "i just wanted to see your car" file a complaint.

tokyov 10-25-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro guy (Post 2480240)
you cant reasonably suspect a person was speeding and stop them. you need evidence. (radar, pace, etc.)

That right there tells me everything I need to know about your knowledge of the law. Go to lawschool, pass your state bar, and come post again in three years son. Maybe then ill take you seriously.

Quote:

defense lawyers get their rocks off getting drug dealers and thieves out of charges.
I usually dont respond to idiots, but ill make an exception in your case. Defense lawyers are "evil" until you need one of us, then we are your best friends forever.

GrinderSS 10-25-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyov (Post 2479437)
Happened to me once before. Saw the police officer tailgating me for about 15 miles before he decided to pull me over at about 2:30 am. (I was going 70, the speed limit, the entire time). He asked me what I was doing. I responded "driving." Noticing my smart ass response, he asked me where and I said none of your business. I asked him the reason he pulled me over and he said because you I was "suspicious." I asked him if he was told during training that in order to pull someone over for a traffic infraction they must have at least reasonable suspicion. He didnt respond. I then asked him what about me driving was suspicious. He declined to respond. He then said I was speeding and asked for my license & registration (I also give him my Florida Bar Card for shits and giggles). I then let him know he was from Miami-Dade police and we were in Broward County, and this was an illegal stop. He gave me my documents back and said slow down. I asked for his name and badge number which he gave me and I wrote a complaint about him to his department a few days later.

I love enforcing my rights.

There are some real jerks for cops out there, especially in Miami. I "encountered" a Miami policeman off of US1 once after he nearly broad sided me as I crossed an intersection where he failed to stop (I had a green light). We both ended up spinning out to avoid the crash. He came over to my car an grabbed my shirt and tried pulling me through the window. When that didn't work he screamed at me and told me to get out an proceeded to push me up against my car and patted me down and cuffed me. As he pulled my wallet and looked at my driver's license he was screaming at me for not yielding to him as he was on his way to a call. I looked over to his car where it sat with no lights flashing and said, you didn't have your lights on and I didn't hear any siren.

He knew it was his fault, but didn't say anything. He removed the cuffs, threw my insurance card and license on the ground and told me to get lost.

I've hated cops since.

jonm38 10-25-2010 03:35 PM

Should of hit the OnStar button said that you have someone following you for 20 miles. There was someone on Camaro5 that was followed by a Cop. Unless your speeding, or no seat beat in some states they don't have the right to pull you over and do a looky.