Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Cracked Dash? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190258)

stikSS 05-08-2012 09:12 PM

Ok, got the car back... The dash is in and no rattles as of yet... I drove it about 40 miles and all good.

garcmol 05-14-2012 03:15 PM

I noticed mine is cracked just like the below pic that was posted. :mad0260: Was cleaning the dash and windows while sitting in the passenger seat. I'd have not noticed it except the rag caught on it. Can't see it from the driver's side or looking through the windshield. Looks like I'll be calling the dealer. Dammit, and I use the visors during the day!!

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/s...2-22154323.jpg

luis nunez 05-14-2012 09:48 PM

My SS is schedule to get a new dash later this week. Mine has like a bump on the same place, not a crack. But if you look closely or touch it, you will see or feel the bump. I found it because of a squeak on the same place that has me crazy.

Nessal 05-15-2012 03:09 PM

Holy crap, I need to check mine when I get home.

Dtrimpi87 05-15-2012 03:13 PM

I wish my dash was cracked. Then I could get rid of the 2 irritating scratches I stare at everytime I drive.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

bhut 05-16-2012 08:17 PM

Not happy to see that so many are experiencing the same issue, but mine is also cracked. Warranty is technically up - I'm just under 40k miles but the car's only 2.5 years old. I plan to argue that there aren't many miles on the dash, lol.

Will have to see what the dealer says. None of the dealerships have had any luck figuring out my popping passenger side strut or bad third gear synchronizer, so I am not holding my breath on this one.

Anyone else notice how few dealerships appear to service cars that have issues anymore? I think most service techs/managers must be psychologists whose job it is to tell us how we imagine things with our cars.

Love the car, but worried that the car I ordered and fought so hard to get may not be with me long term after all.

davidcroft 05-17-2012 06:46 AM

people who slick their dash in armor all and park in direct sunlight are 90% more likely to have their dash cracked. We see it a ton down here in TX!

Homestar1217 05-17-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhut (Post 4974355)
Will have to see what the dealer says. None of the dealerships have had any luck figuring out my popping passenger side strut or bad third gear synchronizer, so I am not holding my breath on this one.

Anyone else notice how few dealerships appear to service cars that have issues anymore? I think most service techs/managers must be psychologists whose job it is to tell us how we imagine things with our cars.

I'm with you there. Being fortunate enough to work for a great dealership, my expectations are raised when I walk into a Chevy dealer. Usually it takes all of about 5 minutes to realize they just don't freaking care.

jol13 05-23-2012 09:10 PM

My dash is cracked too. Logged in to see if anyone else has this problem, guess so. I have just over 25,000 miles. My warranty is good until December.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-24-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jol13 (Post 5013327)
My dash is cracked too. Logged in to see if anyone else has this problem, guess so. I have just over 25,000 miles. My warranty is good until December.

Sorry to hear this information. Are you taking it to your dealership for diagnosis and repair? Please feel free to contact me if you would like me to check your VIN for any applicable warranties. Please update us on your service.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

jol13 05-24-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 5014821)
Sorry to hear this information. Are you taking it to your dealership for diagnosis and repair? Please feel free to contact me if you would like me to check your VIN for any applicable warranties. Please update us on your service.

Brandon

I hope to take it to the dealership next week, time permitting. I will post an update once I do.

Thank you for offering your assistance, that's very considerate.

garcmol 05-25-2012 10:49 AM

Is everyone's cracking at the passenger airbag part? That's where mine is. Not Armor All slathered. I use a MF towel and some watered down car wash soap to clean it.

Chevy Customer Service - My warranty is up in November. What's Chevy's stand if I have it replaced under warranty and next summer it does it again? Hell, car's under 20k miles and 2.5 years old.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-25-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcmol (Post 5021484)
Is everyone's cracking at the passenger airbag part? That's where mine is. Not Armor All slathered. I use a MF towel and some watered down car wash soap to clean it.

Chevy Customer Service - My warranty is up in November. What's Chevy's stand if I have it replaced under warranty and next summer it does it again? Hell, car's under 20k miles and 2.5 years old.

I can understand where you are coming from. With the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, any part that is replaced under the warranty is covered for 12 months/12,000 miles whichever comes first. The workmanship, however, is not covered under warranty when outside of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. I hope this helped!

Brandon

garcmol 05-25-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 5021876)
I can understand where you are coming from. With the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, any part that is replaced under the warranty is covered for 12 months/12,000 miles whichever comes first. The workmanship, however, is not covered under warranty when outside of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. I hope this helped!

Brandon

Yes! Thank you! Gives some piece of mind. :thumbsup: