Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Motorsports Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway! - July 19, 2013 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296683)

Doc 05-23-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless (Post 6576792)
...:threadjacked:

Doc let me just interject and say that I really wish that you could make it to this event. You have no idea how much your build journal has inspired me on my own build. Before I even bought my car i knew that I wanted to turn it into a corner carver. Lo and behold, you were already doing everything I had planned and more.

Attachment 513391

Blue Angel is what Tannhauser wants to be when it grows up.

Alright enough sucking up form me. :focus:

I think I'll go back to lurking for another year or so. See you all at Gingerman!

Believe me, if it wasn't 10 hours a day for 6 days driving to get there and back, I would love to be there and drive with you guys.

Well thank you very much for your kind words and I'm glad my project thread was useful for you; that's exactly why I created it. :)

You're going to have a blast at Gingerman, and especially if it's an all-Camaro5 event!

hp junkie 05-23-2013 03:53 PM

Registered!!

ssmike 05-23-2013 04:43 PM

It's the Holiday Inn Express that has the CGI preferred rate not Comfort Suites! I just made my reservations!

Mgizzle 05-23-2013 07:17 PM

Cool videos but I think we will run the new course with the new turn 10. Its actually more fun and does increase the track length a bit too. I cant wait.

JusticePete 05-23-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgizzle (Post 6581383)
Cool videos but I think we will run the new course with the new turn 10. Its actually more fun and does increase the track length a bit too. I cant wait.

If I have any input on the event and I don't, I would prefer the group run the old course the with shorter back straight. The shorter back straight is easier on the brakes. As technical as Gingerman is, very few drivers will carry the speed from the longer back straight though turn 11 or for that matter from the shorter straight on the old course.

JMO

SPCBA 05-23-2013 09:07 PM

nooooooooooooooooooooo so far. have fun...melt brakes burn brakes!

rocketman 12 05-23-2013 10:33 PM

It's a solid "maybe" here........Maybe somebody *cough* JusticePete *cough* could help convince my wife to let me have a little more fun with the Camaro.......:help:

JusticePete 05-23-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketman 12 (Post 6582291)
It's a solid "maybe" here........Maybe somebody *cough* JusticePete *cough* could help convince my wife to let me have a little more fun with the Camaro.......:help:

Tell her it is a charity event. She doesn't have to know the beneficiary is driving http://celtic-hearts.com/forum/Smile...ated-Devil.gif

AquaSSRS 05-24-2013 01:21 PM

Wow I really wish this a little closer and I didn't have to work that weekend. Nevermind, my second child is due on June 25th, so can't leave that early. Please set up one of these closer to the east coast, say at NJMP.

These HPDE events are amazing. I did 2 events last year with IMG racing with my SS and it was awesome.

Mr. Wyndham 05-24-2013 02:51 PM

Guys - I understand there was possibly some confusion with the hotels. I made a mistake in communicating group-rate hotels. I've just now updated all information in my posts...and I'll repeat it here for good measure. Sorry about that!

HOTELS

A special group rate has been established for participants in CGI's events...please contact the hotel below for reservations! Just mention that you're "driving with CGI" to get the special rate.

Holiday Inn Express
1741 Phoenix Road
South Haven, Mi. 49090
(269)637-8800

Mr. Wyndham 05-24-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless (Post 6576792)
Am I missing something? You WERE called Dragoneye at some point right? :confused:

Yep - that's what my username used to be. All it took was a little piece of paper in the lobby of our Host hotel at the Camaro 5 Fest to change all that...:laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercedestech (Post 6576930)
I've never attended an event like this, heck I've never had my car on anything but the street. Would it be worth attending with my stock suspension and tires/wheels? I have plenty of power with my current mods, but haven't done any suspension work just yet. Sounds fun, just wouldn't want to embarass myself.

Do it!! No embarrassment among friends.

Besides...there's a first time for everything right? Best get your feet wet with other Camaro owners...you won't be the only rookie there - and that's the point! To get you guys hooked on this sport! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SparkyDL75 (Post 6577690)
I wanna go FAST!! A trip to Gingerman and CamaroCross will be totally awesome!! I gotta see what I can do to make this trip happen!

Should I add your name to the list?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 6579499)
I'll be going pretty slow around the track considering it will be a newborn from the factory. I'm sure I'll be babying the piss out of it. :eyebulge:

Pete's advice is sound. Plus....just drive a lot before you get there. You'll be fine! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by hp junkie (Post 6580634)
Registered!!

:headbang! Awesome!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssmike (Post 6580835)
It's the Holiday Inn Express that has the CGI preferred rate not Comfort Suites! I just made my reservations!

Thanks, Mike - just updated everything. My apologies for the confusion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 6580407)
You're going to have a blast at Gingerman, and especially if it's an all-Camaro5 event!

:happy0180: Wish you could be there!

marticus24 05-24-2013 09:08 PM

A couple of questions... I've never done something like this, but this seems like a great opportunity.

-Is the instruction provided to the Novice groups included in the registration cost?
-How does the instruction work - does somebody ride with you and provide instruction, or will you have group instruction and then go out on your own to see what you can do?
-Will the event be open to other vehicles outside of 5th gens?
-Passengers allowed?

I'm probably going to come, but just want to know how this stuff typically goes.

Thanks!

ssmike 05-26-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marticus24 (Post 6585880)
A couple of questions... I've never done something like this, but this seems like a great opportunity.

-Is the instruction provided to the Novice groups included in the registration cost?
-How does the instruction work - does somebody ride with you and provide instruction, or will you have group instruction and then go out on your own to see what you can do?
-Will the event be open to other vehicles outside of 5th gens?
-Passengers allowed?

I'm probably going to come, but just want to know how this stuff typically goes.

Thanks!

Post #1 has most of the info you need. Also you can click on the novice link for more info at CGI's website. A novice is $185 which includes the instructor and is mandatory. There will be other vehicles out there but CGI is reserving the first slots for Camaro5! I didn't see anything about having a passenger but you can contact CGI to find out! Hope to see you there! This is my first event of this type too!

marticus24 05-27-2013 08:23 PM

I'm in - just registered. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself too much :thumbup: