Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Shno's House of Z (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48453)

Mr. Wyndham 11-20-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShnOmac (Post 4050129)
:word:

I'm sure it is easier for me just to sit back and relax beings that I don't have a ZL1 on order :laugh:

Then what's everyone else's excuse?!? :laugh:

A lot of the people going back and forth are those with no investment in either car...THAT (imo) is what allows the conversation to go on, and on, and on, and on...these people can make stuff up, one way or the other. :laugh:

ShnOmac 11-20-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4050152)
Then what's everyone else's excuse?!? :laugh:

A lot of the people going back and forth are those with no investment in either car...THAT (imo) is what allows the conversation to go on, and on, and on, and on...these people can make stuff up, one way or the other. :laugh:

Very true, I just try and stay "neutral" on the subject's and base any statements on facts.

I can't wait to see more footage of this beast ripping apart track's! :headbang:

Number 3 11-20-2011 05:34 PM

Ok, just to change the subject.

Audi vs. GM products

1 - I miss OnStar. Seriously, I really do miss OnStar
2 - Speaking of that.............$3,000 for NAV? Couldn't pay that much
3 - No back up sensors.................really?
4 - How do I listen to streaming internet music like I can in my Cruze when you tuck the connection in the glove box? Ever hear of Pandora? Maybe not a German thing
5 - And speaking of German things, do you really think remote start will hurt the environment??? Really?

But other than that short list, it is solid and awesome to drive.

1 - GM you need to build an SUV that handles this well.
2 - GM you need to get this level of fit, finish and materials in something. You are getting verrry close but you aren't at this level yet. And this isn't even the best Audi can do. From what I've seen, the XTS might just be there.
3 - GM you need to do something about real world FE. The Cruze is rated at 36 highway, I get 32. Most of the rest of GM products are well short of the EPA rating at the speeds I drive. The Audi, not yet broken in got 26 rated at 27.

There is my distraction from the ZL1 discussion.

ShnOmac 11-20-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 4050188)
Ok, just to change the subject.

Audi vs. GM products

1 - I miss OnStar. Seriously, I really do miss OnStar
2 - Speaking of that.............$3,000 for NAV? Couldn't pay that much
3 - No back up sensors.................really?
4 - How do I listen to streaming internet music like I can in my Cruze when you tuck the connection in the glove box? Ever hear of Pandora? Maybe not a German thing
5 - And speaking of German things, do you really think remote start will hurt the environment??? Really?

But other than that short list, it is solid and awesome to drive.

1 - GM you need to build an SUV that handles this well.
2 - GM you need to get this level of fit, finish and materials in something. You are getting verrry close but you aren't at this level yet. And this isn't even the best Audi can do. From what I've seen, the XTS might just be there.
3 - GM you need to do something about real world FE. The Cruze is rated at 36 highway, I get 32. Most of the rest of GM products are well short of the EPA rating at the speeds I drive. The Audi, not yet broken in got 26 rated at 27.

There is my distraction from the ZL1 discussion.

I had no idea you were driving a Audi...... :confused0068:

;)

Audi's interiors are usually very well done. :thumbsup:

Fightinfire921 11-20-2011 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is Carson with mother. He's hot out of the oven (gel on the eyes) in this picture. Born Saturday 11/12/11........he was three weeks early and weighed in at 7 lbs and 8 ozs.

The only thing he's concerned about is his next meal and diaper change.

Number 3 11-20-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z (Post 4050485)
This is Carson with mother. He's hot out of the oven (gel on the eyes) in this picture born Saturday 11/12/11........he was three weeks early and weighed in at 7 lbs and 8 ozs.

If he had to be early, could have at least shot for 11/11/11 LOL

Awesome and congratulations, everyone looks happy and healthy. And hopefully a future Camaro owner.;)

ShnOmac 11-20-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z (Post 4050485)
This is Carson with mother. He's hot out of the oven (gel on the eyes) in this picture. Born Saturday 11/12/11........he was three weeks early and weighed in at 7 lbs and 8 ozs.

Glad every one is healthy! :clap: :thumbsup: :drinking:

Mr. Wyndham 11-20-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShnOmac (Post 4050940)
Glad every one is healthy! :clap: :thumbsup: :drinking:

On a completely different note...apologies for changing topic...

I can sleep soundly tonight...It would seem I've helped to convert a former foreign-car nut to the light side of the force. WAAAayyyy back in 2008 (:laugh:), he was in the market to replace his beater 80s civic...I had just purchased my Cobalt, and loved everything about it -- I made sure to tell him. :)

I let him drive it a little, told him about it...and in a matter of weeks he was convinced enough to give it a try, and had a black Cobalt LT.

In the subsequent years, he'd busted that car up so bad in so many ways...:(....ending recently with an accident that scrapped it for good.

Well, I got a message from him today that he'd just purchased a Cruze LT to replace it. He said he'd rented Chargers and Altimas, etc, in the meantime...and that he felt the Cruze blew them all away. In his words: "WOW!"

:) I'm a happy camper.

Number 3 11-20-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4051280)

On a completely different note...apologies for changing topic...

I can sleep soundly tonight...It would seem I've helped to convert a former foreign-car nut to the light side of the force. WAAAayyyy back in 2008 (:laugh:), he was in the market to replace his beater 80s civic...I had just purchased my Cobalt, and loved everything about it -- I made sure to tell him. :)

I let him drive it a little, told him about it...and in a matter of weeks he was convinced enough to give it a try, and had a black Cobalt LT.

In the subsequent years, he'd busted that car up so bad in so many ways...:(....ending recently with an accident that scrapped it for good.

Well, I got a message from him today that he'd just purchased a Cruze LT to replace it. He said he'd rented Chargers and Altimas, etc, in the meantime...and that he felt the Cruze blew them all away. In his words: "WOW!"

:) I'm a happy camper.

Nicely done. Glad you had a good camping trip ;) Cruze is awesome.

OldScoolCamaro 11-21-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 4051329)

...gotta agree with you. The 2LT RS Cruze we helped our daughter purchase is such a nicely rounded out car. It handily beats the class competition from all the other manufacturers for overall quality,features, performance and price. :thumbsup: On a side note I had to make sure I posted on page 282....my old badge number....good karma thing I thought...:D :thumbsup:

LOWDOWN 11-21-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro (Post 4055224)
On a side note I had to make sure I posted on page 282....my old badge number....good karma thing I thought...:D :thumbsup:

Is there any chance you were dyslexic...and your badge number was actually Z28?!

OldScoolCamaro 11-21-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOWDOWN (Post 4055290)
Is there any chance you were dyslexic...and your badge number was actually Z28?!

Hahaha!:D. True that my friend, it's in my DNA. Oooops,...trolls in the wire again...gotta run...fire in the hole! :D

shank0668 11-21-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 4051329)

Alright, what is up with all the trucking stuff....?

Shurenuff 11-21-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shank0668 (Post 4057161)
Alright, what is up with all the trucking stuff....?

From the extended hiatus from the forum a while back, to the honesty of his recent posts, both good and bad, about GM products and the fact that he is moving to my neck of the woods, I'm going to put two and two together and say he is no longer employed by GM.

:iono:

Just a guess, and I hope all is going well regardless.