Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   IPF Camaro V6 vs Procharger Mustang V6 (Soon) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307174)

Ventmaster 09-28-2014 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB (Post 7976862)
I'm thinking it is the intake manifold since it shares a room with stainless steel headers. I'm hoping for the LFX manifold to shave 0.5 seconds off my times.

:pop2: How soon are "we" gonna do this guys?

MagnumForceGB 09-28-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ventmaster (Post 7977631)
:pop2: How soon are "we" gonna do this guys?

The intake arrives on Thursday if no delays, I can install it but the track is hosting the NHRA Regionals Friday-Sunday. October 10th is the soonest I can test it at the track I normally go to.

Jason@JacFab 09-28-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB (Post 7977664)
The intake arrives on Thursday if no delays, I can install it but the track is hosting the NHRA Regionals Friday-Sunday. October 10th is the soonest I can test it at the track I normally go to.

Yeah, might as well put it on right away and see if there are going to be any hang ups. If for whatever reason the bottom of the intake doesn't clear the valve covers, I can make you what ever size spacer you would need so it will clear.

I think it will be fine though, as I've had the LLT intake on my car and didn't have to change more than what I sent you in the box.

MagnumForceGB 09-28-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab (Post 7977988)
Yeah, might as well put it on right away and see if there are going to be any hang ups. If for whatever reason the bottom of the intake doesn't clear the valve covers, I can make you what ever size spacer you would need so it will clear.

I think it will be fine though, as I've had the LLT intake on my car and didn't have to change more than what I sent you in the box.

It should all work, if not, there is always duct tape. First thing after I install it will be a boost leak test, make sure all the gaskets line up and nothing blows out.

One question though, the EVAP solenoid, where does the line hook up on the LFX manifold? On the LLT it is beside the throttle body. I need room to be able to install a check valve.

Jason@JacFab 09-28-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB (Post 7978236)
It should all work, if not, there is always duct tape. First thing after I install it will be a boost leak test, make sure all the gaskets line up and nothing blows out.

One question though, the EVAP solenoid, where does the line hook up on the LFX manifold? On the LLT it is beside the throttle body. I need room to be able to install a check valve.

It's on the passengers side, about in the middle of the intake. The solenoid actually pokes right into the manifold, there isn't a separate line that runs to up by the TB like the LLT intake.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Z...520_150943.jpg

Hopefully that's not a problem for your FI setup?

MagnumForceGB 09-28-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab (Post 7978259)
It's on the passengers side, about in the middle of the intake. The solenoid actually pokes right into the manifold, there isn't a separate line that runs to up by the TB like the LLT intake.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Z...520_150943.jpg

Hopefully that's not a problem for your FI setup?

Could be, but I don't think the EVAP solenoid opens when the car is at WOT. I would need to see how the LFX IPF setup looks like, what they use.

MagnumForceGB 09-28-2014 03:59 PM

I sent Andy and Arno at IPF an e-mail asking them if they could send me the instructions on the IPF Install for a LFX engine. That should have what they used to put the Solenoid into the manifold with a check valve. Just have to see if they will respond.

sycraft 09-28-2014 05:33 PM

I have those instructions. PM me your email and I can send when I come home

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

KaBoom1701 09-28-2014 09:18 PM

I'll take a copy too if you don't mind. :)

PM'd

sycraft 09-28-2014 09:40 PM

Damn File is huge, even compressed into winzip, it is still too large...

Jason@JacFab 09-29-2014 12:59 AM

IPF Camaro V6 vs Procharger Mustang V6 (Soon)

I'd also like a copy

MagnumForceGB 09-29-2014 10:06 AM

Thanks to Sycraft (or skycraft), he said there are no directions for the LFX evap, so it may have a check valve already in the intake. It sounds like with a BAP that they had plans to boost a LFX already, so they already checked the EVAP solenoid.

MagnumForceGB 10-03-2014 02:41 PM

I have the LFX intake manifold installed now, but that is in another thread. Today during a 1-2 shift at WOT I finally was able to feel how the true power band is, there is something causing the clutches to slip or torque management to kick in right after a shift. The car shifted fast but then you could hear the engine spin up but the car was not moving much till about 1 second later. I will ask Arno if he can get it to lock up the clutches immediately, screw transmission life.

JantzenOKC 10-03-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB (Post 7988919)
I will ask Arno if he can get it to lock up the clutches immediately, screw transmission life.

That's the spirit :thumb: