Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Texas (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   TX Caravan to Camaro5Fest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47363)

Kyle.Gilmour 04-14-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend (Post 1719694)
Nah...if I stay out of boost I'm still getting 24 or so on the highway. We are stopping about every 3 hours...just the last fuel run into Valdosta has me worried...the rest of the stops are all under or right at 3 hours.

how in the hell do you do that... I didnt get 24 on the highway when I was stock! I reset the computer coming back from San Antonio one night and after 40 miles I was averaging about 18-19. That was with cruise control at 72mph

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley (Post 1719589)
LOL .. hopefully we can stay out of boost some ;) ....

OOOOK... I will if you do buddy! What are your mpg's like... in town/on highway?

I dont believe Legend :laughabove:

AquaBlueNic 04-14-2010 01:02 PM

Black10, CamaroChelline & I have contacted:
3 TV Stations,
2 radio stations,
Lafayette newspaper
and Service Chevrolet dealership about this event.

Let's GO!

BLACK10 04-14-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour (Post 1719797)
how in the hell do you do that... I didnt get 24 on the highway when I was stock! I reset the computer coming back from San Antonio one night and after 40 miles I was averaging about 18-19. That was with cruise control at 72mph

OOOOK... I will if you do buddy! What are your mpg's like... in town/on highway?

myself and masterz have cams and i think there is at least 1 more huh?:iono:

we burn allot of gas all the time:laugh:

TIE FIGHTR 04-14-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK10 (Post 1717753)
i alerted the local news also. i will get there early too.
and i will have a little southern snack for all to sample

Boudin and Cracklins' from where? Poche's, Charlie T's, Bayou's, or Rees St. mkt?

BLACK10 04-14-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR (Post 1719927)
Boudin and Cracklins' from where? Poche's, Charlie T's, Bayou's, or Rees St. mkt?

GOULAS GROCERY:laugh:

Legend 04-14-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour (Post 1719797)

Remember...I am running the stock Magnuson tune still...so I'm sure that is playing a big role!

If I had a custom tune I'm sure I'd be getting less!

Drove down to Houston a couple weeks ago...averaged 24.4 all the way there and back!

mlee 04-14-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend (Post 1719949)
Drove down to Houston a couple weeks ago...averaged 24.4 all the way there and back!

...don't forget your car has been around for almost a year and is broke in. The more miles the better gas mileage, even w/ the maggie.

BLACK10 04-14-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterZ (Post 1718435)
Nick, you still have my number?

Yep, i will call you and FCU678 when we leave lafayette and when we are crossing the Mississippi:thumbsup:

TIE FIGHTR 04-14-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK10 (Post 1719945)
GOULAS GROCERY:laugh:

Man, you know what else I miss? Sunday Hot Dogs with chili from Hebert's! :drool:

It's no wonder that I've lost weight since leaving breaux bridge! :sm0:

I've got a early appointment tomorrow, but I will still try to come witness the rally point at Pappa's.

Pamaro 04-14-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley (Post 1719589)
LOL .. hopefully we can stay out of boost some ;) ....

BTW .. we should keep that in mind for modded cars that may have a bit more fuel use .. keep open communication for fueling stops :)

Crowley

Definitely! I'd love for an SS to help lead our DFW pack since my V6 should get pretty good gas mileage and not require as many stops. I'll for sure stay in touch with everyone as we go along and will always have my cell on if anyone needs an emergency stop.

Pamaro 04-14-2010 03:14 PM

Just lost 3 from the DFW caravan :cry: These folks won't be joining us:

UnknownWarrior
FireWraith
AutobotBee

Has anyone heard from TommyTSquared or DUGG? I have PMs into them, but I'm wondering if they're going to make it. If not, it'll just be me, Crowley and firefighter from the DFW area and we can head out from Dallas instead of Bedford.

If anyone knows anything about these 2, let me know ASAP! I would love to shorten the trip by an hour if possible!

Pamaro 04-14-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamaro (Post 1720396)
Just lost 3 from the DFW caravan :cry: These folks won't be joining us:

UnknownWarrior
FireWraith
AutobotBee

Has anyone heard from TommyTSquared or DUGG? I have PMs into them, but I'm wondering if they're going to make it. If not, it'll just be me, Crowley and firefighter from the DFW area and we can head out from Dallas instead of Bedford.

If anyone knows anything about these 2, let me know ASAP! I would love to shorten the trip by an hour if possible!

TommyTSquared is also out and DUGG is meeting us in Longview.

So, only 3 from DFW but picking up 2 in Longview (plus 1 that will just drive with us for a little while) and 2 more in Shreveport.

Crowley 04-14-2010 04:09 PM

Pam,

I'm good to meet in Dallas if You and Firefighter are game. Please let me know and where we are meeting.

Thanks,
Gary

C4 04-14-2010 04:49 PM

looks like tomorrow here and h-town
so i guess im not going to wash my car tonight