Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How to Wire Footwell Lighting (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54183)

SNV 03-24-2010 01:02 AM

Still waiting on my 10" Piranha Bars from oznium.com. When I ordered them on the 12th they said will ship in 2-3 days. Here we are 12 days later and they still did not ship. Just keep getting a run around from them. They said they would have them this past Monday. Today they said they didn't come in Monday. I know where I will never order from again. Guess I should have stuck with the Cold Cathodes :(.

SummoneR 03-24-2010 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNV (Post 1628084)
Still waiting on my 10" Piranha Bars from oznium.com. When I ordered them on the 12th they said will ship in 2-3 days. Here we are 12 days later and they still did not ship. Just keep getting a run around from them. They said they would have them this past Monday. Today they said they didn't come in Monday. I know where I will never order from again. Guess I should have stuck with the Cold Cathodes :(.

Dang man, sorry to hear :( last I used them they were on the ball.
Hope you receive them soon.

SNV 03-24-2010 01:15 AM

Yeah I am really shocked that it is taking this long. To be out of stock is one thing. To say it would ship in 2-3 days is just wrong. Here is the last email I got.
Quote:

As Phil mentioned, we expected them on Monday, however they didn't show. We hope they arrive today, but there is no guarantee on delivery date in freight delivery's. I'm very sorry for the delay. We will fulfill your order as soon as we get in the products. -Justin Oznium Support Team

CAMARO_MOW 03-25-2010 10:16 AM

Just ordered my footwell lighting and dome/trunk led bulbs from AAC. Thanks TonyNo for the instructions, looks like a piece of cake to to this mod.

kkonopasek 03-27-2010 05:13 PM

Thanks for the great instructions TonyNo! Other than physically getting to everything this was a breeze!

Synergy SATX 03-27-2010 09:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is in green. iPhone photo so somewhat crummy image...

billyripkin 03-28-2010 10:46 PM

Thank you so much for the tips. Used your method minus the fuse part and installed some white led lights today. I think they turned out great.

Switchin2Chevy 03-30-2010 06:50 PM

I don't know if anyone has done this of if its even possible, but can the footwell lights be wired so that they come on with the headlights...? :iono:

skuttduck 03-30-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switchin2Chevy (Post 1656440)
I don't know if anyone has done this of if its even possible, but can the footwell lights be wired so that they come on with the headlights...? :iono:

Yes, I did that. I tapped into the Ambient lighting and it comes on with the headlights.

TonyNo 03-30-2010 08:15 PM

Sure! We just need a diagram for where the headlight control signal is. Have not seen one yet. :(

skuttduck 03-30-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyNo (Post 1656843)
Sure! We just need a diagram for where the headlight control signal is. Have not seen one yet. :(

What about post 5 in this thread?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33592

Switchin2Chevy 03-30-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skuttduck (Post 1656820)
Yes, I did that. I tapped into the Ambient lighting and it comes on with the headlights.

Awesome! did you do that through the fusebox..? kinda new to this and I want to get it right...

TonyNo 03-30-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skuttduck (Post 1656896)

Hmm. Maybe pins 4 & 5 of the Headlamp and Panel Dimmer switch! Thanks! I was focusing on diagrams before!

Course, what we really need is the signal that just turns on the headlights. Based skuttduck's post, that signal should work, if I can remember/find the diagram that shows it.

skuttduck 03-30-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switchin2Chevy (Post 1656898)
Awesome! did you do that through the fusebox..? kinda new to this and I want to get it right...

My car is one of the earlier ones that has the plugs for ambient light above the fusebox, and behind the gauges.

I made a 3 way splitter for behind the gauges, and a 2 way splitter for the fusebox.

I used 5 total door GM lamps. (I used one for the glovebox)

The ambient lighting comes on when you first open the doors, and then also when the headlights are on. Which does exactly what I want.

Using the door lamps in the stock holes give you a nice point of light, but not quite like the other footwell lighting like from AAC style. I don't mind this as I think if they were brightly lit as some of the others, it would be distracting at night.