Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Vitesse throttle controller (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380220)

19car69 10-11-2014 09:35 AM

I ordered one a few days ago. Hopefully it will be here next week.

Splitter 10-11-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCAMARO14 (Post 8001883)
Just ordered it! Couldn't hold the temptation. :drool:
Can't wait to put it on.

I'm still in self limbo status, lol.

Looking forward to this install when I actually commit :D

Any reasons why this would increase drive train wear or void a warranty?

Cheers

1KillerSS 10-11-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splitter (Post 8003242)
I'm still in self limbo status, lol.

Looking forward to this install when I actually commit :D

Any reasons why this would increase drive train wear or void a warranty?

Cheers

I have also posted about that exact concern, I would say that on M6 cars the answer is yes. Considering you can break your axles with a stock car on the 1/4 mile track anyway. The controller will make your car hit and react harder so in theory you could wear it prematurely. Time will tell, but I seriously doubt we will see a rash of people with drive-train failures. I would guess the failure rate would be the same if not smaller that the amount of people who actually do break there axles on a stock car at the track, when the car hooks up.

specialfx 10-11-2014 11:45 PM

I ordered one today for my 2013 LFX A6. Anything to bypass these computerized nannies built into my car.
Anybody know if this effects the ability to rev pass 3k in neutral? I like to hear my engine every once in a while...

pbclax1 10-12-2014 09:26 AM

Ordered mine on Wednesday....the wait and anticipation is killing me!

1KillerSS 10-12-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialfx (Post 8003943)
I ordered one today for my 2013 LFX A6. Anything to bypass these computerized nannies built into my car.
Anybody know if this effects the ability to rev pass 3k in neutral? I like to hear my engine every once in a while...

You can rev as high as you want. All it does is speed up your throttle response.

Splitter 10-12-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KillerSS (Post 8003268)
I have also posted about that exact concern, I would say that on M6 cars the answer is yes. Considering you can break your axles with a stock car on the 1/4 mile track anyway. The controller will make your car hit and react harder so in theory you could wear it prematurely. Time will tell, but I seriously doubt we will see a rash of people with drive-train failures. I would guess the failure rate would be the same if not smaller that the amount of people who actually do break there axles on a stock car at the track, when the car hooks up.

Thanks for the response.

So basically avoid the usual. Donuts..burnouts..etc..

KILLA BEE 10-12-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splitter (Post 8004230)
Thanks for the response.

So basically avoid the usual. Donuts..burnouts..etc..

I think it will be fine as long as you dont dog it everyday.

45thCamaro 10-12-2014 01:53 PM

Ok here's a question: anyone here with the controller and the LFX: have you stalled out and then tried to start the car? I just stalled out and then when I went to start the car back up it wouldn't turn all the way. I tried it like 2-3 times then I gave it a second and it started. Anyone else have this issue?

KILLA BEE 10-12-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45thCamaro (Post 8004488)
Ok here's a question: anyone here with the controller and the LFX: have you stalled out and then tried to start the car? I just stalled out and then when I went to start the car back up it wouldn't turn all the way. I tried it like 2-3 times then I gave it a second and it started. Anyone else have this issue?

Uhh ooooo. What made your car stall in the first place?

45thCamaro 10-12-2014 02:21 PM

I guess I didn't give it enough gas when I started from a stop in 2nd

KILLA BEE 10-12-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45thCamaro (Post 8004533)
I guess I didn't give it enough gas when I started from a stop in 2nd

Yea i guess with the m6 it takes a little getting used to with the new torque. hmm i glad it restarted for you i kno you were scared as shit. Like o hell naw not my baby. :iono:

45thCamaro 10-12-2014 02:51 PM

Yeah I've never had a problem with the car not turning over until just now

KILLA BEE 10-12-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45thCamaro (Post 8004590)
Yeah I've never had a problem with the car not turning over until just now

My guess would be its prolly getting to much gas due to the controller and it prolly flooded.. My best advise altho not much would be to not let it stall anymore get used to the new power...then you shouldnt have that prob