Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Speedster's SST Camaro Build Thread [COTW 9/13/10] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88877)

garcmol 11-05-2010 11:24 PM

Eleanor lives

SRT10KLLR 11-06-2010 03:19 AM

How did I miss this thread. If it wasn't for your post about the "Octane On Demand" I would never have seen this.

Great build.

I have a Tec3 in the Black Hemi in my sig to control the 6.8L(stroked 6.1L SRT-8) engine with turbo, nitrous and methanol injection. I had thought about having NRE tune it but as you mentioned they are very busy.

BTW, do you still have the air to air i/c?

Mr Twisty 11-06-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2520085)
Well alright Chris !! :D The indestructible solution is almost done. :w00t:

I am with you guys. The diff has been the achilles heel of this car and really had me worried until Chris discussed this solution for the SST. This was worth the wait. :thumbsup: The last thing you want to do is blow a diff/axle under full power at the track...

What gear ratio?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2520191)
V I D E O...

V I D E O...

V I D E O...

Sp...Have you ever posted the NRE shop tour vid? At least it's something to entertain us while we wait :popcorn:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR (Post 2520996)
How did I miss this thread. If it wasn't for your post about the "Octane On Demand" I would never have seen this.

Great build.

I have a Tec3 in the Black Hemi in my sig to control the 6.8L(stroked 6.1L SRT-8) engine with turbo, nitrous and methanol injection. I had thought about having NRE tune it but as you mentioned they are very busy.

He went with the nuclear reactor water cooling tower option :laugh:

SRT10KLLR 11-06-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 2521242)
What gear ratio?

Sp...Have you ever posted the NRE shop tour vid? At least it's something to entertain us while we wait :popcorn:

I know he switched to a water to air. What I meant was does he still have it as in for sale, trade or donation etc., lol.

speedster 11-06-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2520191)
V I D E O...

V I D E O...

V I D E O...

Ha,ha Touche'

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcmol (Post 2520506)
Eleanor lives

Helleanor :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR (Post 2520996)

Great build. Thanks, it has been a long one... but almost done.

I have a Tec3 in the Black Hemi in my sig to control the 6.8L(stroked 6.1L SRT-8) engine with turbo, nitrous and methanol injection. I had thought about having NRE tune it but as you mentioned they are very busy. I would highly recommend NRE to tune your Tec3. They know that controller better than anyone. I spoke with the Electromotive guys at the PRI show and they said Tom was the man. I can have him give you a call if you leave me your phone number in a PM.

Actually, yes I do. Unless Tom needs it for another customer, I can give you a parts only cost. I already paid for all the labor which was substantial.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 2521242)
What gear ratio? 3.25. Funny Cars use 3.20. ;)

Sp...Have you ever posted the NRE shop tour vid? At least it's something to entertain us while we wait :popcorn: Uh, I'll see if I can find it.

Found the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq5TfFYnsz8
This one is cool too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyY87zyTPNw

Mr Twisty 11-07-2010 09:17 AM

Love those vid's... he laughs like a kid that found the cookie stash! :laugh:

Is your local strip gonna cut you some slack on the 8.5 cage? :popcorn:

calbert1999 11-07-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2517961)
Well, the detailed dyno testing is on an engine dyno, not a chassis dyno. Doing 50 - 100 pulls in the 1,5xx+ range is not something you want to do on a chassis dyno.

...and you are pretty scary with the baby picture. Our Director of Engineering here is 35 and has 12, yes twelve kids !!!

I hope so. :D I am trying to find out. :)

I must be in the wrong business, I can only afford to have 1 child every 20yrs.
:thumbsup: to the Director of Engineering, must be doing something right (day and night). LOL

calbert1999 11-07-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2520085)
Well alright Chris !! :D The indestructible solution is almost done. :w00t:

I am with you guys. The diff has been the achilles heel of this car and really had me worried until Chris discussed this solution for the SST. This was worth the wait. :thumbsup: The last thing you want to do is blow a diff/axle under full power at the track...

Everybody keeps talking about pumkins, what the hell is a pumkin on a car?

speedster 11-07-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calbert1999 (Post 2524249)
Everybody keeps talking about pumkins, what the hell is a pumkin on a car?

The pumpkin is the center section of the rearend/third member. Some people call it the differential which is technically the "guts", but it is the whole assembly that is commonly referred to as the pumpkin. :)

GTAHVIT 11-10-2010 09:21 AM

:D Can't stay long but I wanted to check in and see if there were any............................................... ..........

VIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

speedster 11-12-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2533459)
:D Can't stay long but I wanted to check in and see if there were any............................................... ..........
VIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Well, after many weeks I got an update today. The engine hits the dyno this Wednesday... :w00t:

We'll see where in the room the parts impact first...lol :D

garcmol 11-12-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2541211)
Well, after many weeks I got an update today. The engine hits the dyno this Wednesday... :w00t:

:happyanim:

Mr Twisty 11-12-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2541211)

NRE don't have a 5 yr 50,000 mi warrantee? :laugh:

rico-2SS 11-12-2010 04:08 PM

Good for you speed :w00t: