Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   If they can't see you.....maybe they will HEAR YOU!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157184)

Sir Nuke 06-21-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro (Post 5164140)
anyone in Florida do this? Would love to hear it first person. I really need this, Floridians suck at driving as a whole!

by any chance are you going the the CFest this year?? If so, you can meet up with me there and check it out.....and I can show you all the ins and outs of the install.

ihaveacamaro 06-21-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 5164955)
by any chance are you going the the CFest this year?? If so, you can meet up with me there and check it out.....and I can show you all the ins and outs of the install.

I'm not, it's too far of a drive for me :( Thanks for the offer though!

NYFoxyLoxy 10-11-2012 10:03 AM

Jeez! You gonna startle someone! :popcorn:

Candy_Camaro 11-04-2012 01:48 PM

Holy shit!

Stingray 11-20-2012 05:02 AM

I dropped my iPhone 'cause of you! :mad0260: :D

Galaxy_Stranger 11-30-2012 10:43 PM

Quick question: can anyone verify the legality of this?

The constables on the Beltway are hard to spot and I don't like giving them any reasons. In fact, I was thinking about getting a white Camaro and paint gold patterns on it just to give everyone the sweats.

Sir Nuke 12-01-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxy_Stranger (Post 5866958)
Quick question: can anyone verify the legality of this?

The constables on the Beltway are hard to spot and I don't like giving them any reasons. In fact, I was thinking about getting a white Camaro and paint gold patterns on it just to give everyone the sweats.

concidering the question you ask above, are you asking if its legal to paint your car white with gold patterns, similar to Harris County or constable cars? or are you talking about the horn mod?

Galaxy.....this horn set up uses the same horns as Tractor Trailers (Semi's) as far as the same tone and pitch, thus if they are legal for the trucks, they are certainly legal for cars.

Galaxy_Stranger 12-01-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 5867602)
concidering the question you ask above, are you asking if its legal to paint your car white with gold patterns, similar to Harris County or constable cars? or are you talking about the horn mod?

HAH! I was really asking about the horn mod.

The cop paint job would be sweet, though. Stick a generic rack on the roof and a guard on the nose. Maybe that'll get everyone out of the passing lane... Meh, it's a pipe dream... I like blue ray metallic better!

But this horn mod is DEFINITELY going on! It's awesome that you've wired it with a toggle switch. I think I wanna add the LED jet fighter arming switch, too!

Sir Nuke 12-01-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxy_Stranger (Post 5867783)
HAH! I was really asking about the horn mod.

The cop paint job would be sweet, though. Stick a generic rack on the roof and a guard on the nose. Maybe that'll get everyone out of the passing lane... Meh, it's a pipe dream... I like blue ray metallic better!

But this horn mod is DEFINITELY going on! It's awesome that you've wired it with a toggle switch. I think I wanna add the LED jet fighter arming switch, too!

Galaxy, just so ya know, the toggle "disarms" the horn and the standard horn is still there, a flip of the switch turns BOTH on, and both work off of the stock horn buttom. If you download the instructions in the first post, it gives you EVERYTHING you will need to do the job, and if you need any help at all, I would be more than happy to help if you have any questions.

On top of this, I live close to Houston, in fact I come in all the time, as I am part of the Houston Camaro Club, and my parents live on the east side of town.......so if you ever want to meet up before you pull the trigger on buying the kit, you can see the install and hear it in person.

Galaxy_Stranger 12-01-2012 02:52 PM

Even Better!

When I finally get my Camaro, we'll meet up! This is one of the cheaper mods, so it might be one of the first I do.

Sir Nuke 12-01-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxy_Stranger (Post 5868473)
Even Better!

When I finally get my Camaro, we'll meet up! This is one of the cheaper mods, so it might be one of the first I do.

will do!! you know where to find me!! just shoot me a PM, for now how about you join our crew......

H-TOWN CAMARO CLUB

vroomapunk 01-14-2013 09:12 AM

haha, cant believe I havent looked at this DIY yet. Thats awesome

cb4dude 04-25-2013 08:31 AM

Awesome Mod man!! Seriously, with all the dumb asses stepping out in front of cars these days, it should be legal to not only scare the s$#t out of them with a insanely loud horn, you should be able to pelt them with paintballs as you drive past them. Next time they would be damn sure to respect a 3500 lb VEHICLE! Freakin morons that they are. Damn. When the hell did people get so stupid as to think it's ok to step in front of a moving car?

Sir Nuke 04-25-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cb4dude (Post 6467513)
Awesome Mod man!! Seriously, with all the dumb asses stepping out in front of cars these days, it should be legal to not only scare the s$#t out of them with a insanely loud horn, you should be able to pelt them with paintballs as you drive past them. Next time they would be damn sure to respect a 3500 lb VEHICLE! Freakin morons that they are. Damn. When the hell did people get so stupid as to think it's ok to step in front of a moving car?

Thanks, and YES, its 100% legal, the horn itself is the same decible level and tone as a Semi Truck.