Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Top Gear Camaro Review [VIDEO] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94280)

Tran 07-11-2010 12:02 PM

Top Gear Camaro Review [VIDEO]

As featured on CAMARO5 HOMEPAGE.

** Video may take a few minutes to load, please be patient **

AdnanHfuda 07-11-2010 05:41 PM

just watched it, iv always like the guy who drove the camaro. not sure of his name but hes always got my opinions

BackinBlackSS/RS 07-11-2010 05:55 PM

They are comparing a Mercedes AMG to an SS?? :facepalm: :sm0: LMFAO Great video!!
Some very funny stuff :headbang:

Mindz 07-11-2010 05:59 PM

Not too bad. Would have liked to see a review of the car itself, not a comparo. Especially to a car twice the price...

Supermans 07-11-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 2084791)
They are comparing a Mercedes AMG to an SS?? :facepalm: :sm0: LMFAO Great video!!
Some very funny stuff :headbang:

Anyone who watches this over in Europe will immediately see that a car costing $40,000 less is pretty much an equal in the speed dept. stock vs stock. Add a bolt-on and the Camaro wipes the floor clean against the AMG at the same track. Make it a stick shift instead of the automatic they tested and it would have done better as well.

khabboub 07-11-2010 06:02 PM

damn that was a slow ass time.

BackinBlackSS/RS 07-11-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 2084815)
Anyone who watches this over in Europe will immediately see that a car costing $40,000 less is pretty much an equal in the speed dept. stock vs stock. Add a bolt-on and the Camaro wipes the floor clean against the AMG at the same track. Make it a stick shift instead of the automatic they tested and it would have done better as well.

Oh I know the Camaro did very well here and the guy wanted the Camaro in the end. :D It's just kind of weird to see an SS compared to an AMG.

ChevyCobb 07-11-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 2084828)
Oh I know the Camaro did very well here and the guy wanted the Camaro in the end. :D It's just kind of weird to see an SS compared to an AMG.

I agree it is an odd car to compare it to. It was probably filmed before the 5.0 GT was released. Are Challengers available in England?

Dirtdog 07-11-2010 06:14 PM

$100,000 AMG with 520hp 465tq vs $40,000 Camaro SS 426hp 420tq... both weight about the same...
and the AMG won? SHOCKING!!!

Supermans 07-11-2010 06:25 PM

I guess we'll have to wait until there exists a Z28 to get a proper review and not a comparison..

xpanda305x 07-11-2010 07:14 PM

all camaros are driven by murders..yep thats me :)

SZOTSTA24 07-11-2010 07:24 PM

I don't know why they compared the Camaro to the AMG. It's an apples and oranges situation but I predicted what would happen. I knew the AMG would be faster, but I knew that Hammond would prefer the Camaro. Great episode. This will be on iTunes in HD in a few months...

GearheadSS 07-11-2010 07:31 PM

The Camaro was slow as balls but it appeared to be an L99 SS, which I would not want on the TG test track.

GearheadSS 07-11-2010 07:39 PM

Oh and we should all go register on the Top Gear forums and use famous murderers as out avatars. :D

Info@PeddersUSA.com 07-11-2010 08:12 PM

I watch his shows regularly and enjoy them. But they have a serious bias. I.E. frequent watchers are aware of their list that they rank all cars with. When they did their analysis of the Monaro, it was seriously raining and the track they used was nearly a swamp. Yet they used the numbers posted on a wet track, with cars that were tested on a perfectly dry test. But they are funny and offer some enjoyable entertainment

mike
dms

BBKTECH 07-11-2010 08:17 PM

Dear Murderers-

I've always loved TOP GEAR and I always will. But they flip flop back and forth with reviews.

This one says they like it, a few episodes from now they will call it back and say they don't like it, or point out all of the flaws compared to some other car that they are testing at that time.

Jeremy did this with the Corvette. He tested it here in Ca. and said he loved it, then recently tested it vs another car and said that he didn't like it very much anymore but he did say the Vette was a better choice of the 2 for the fun factor.

acamellis 07-11-2010 08:24 PM

Yep we're murderers... lmao
Put 72G in a camaro and see what happens... bad comparo
And the AMG isn't a Muscle Car.
Does anyone agree with me there?

coldpizza4brkfast 07-11-2010 08:27 PM

You keep saying $40,000 - But he said it was £40,000 - in other words, $60,280 US dollars. That's a helluva markup.

Just FYI.

BLACK10 07-11-2010 08:30 PM

exactly what i thought, that curly haired jackass hates American cars "no one intelligent would drive that car" , and whats with the murderous comments? i cant believe i watched that, i knew before what it was going to be like.

what a arrogant rotten tooth turd.....

realsquash 07-11-2010 08:31 PM

"Slower than the pickup truck it's based on"

No Camaro hate here but as a G8 owner that made me feel good :)

Andy

BLACK10 07-11-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acamellis (Post 2085439)

there is no such thing as a foreign muscle car:facepalm:. that's an AMERICAN PHRASE. No one can take that from us.

BLACK10 07-11-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realsquash (Post 2085462)
"Slower than the pickup truck it's based on"

No Camaro hate here but as a G8 owner that made me feel good :)

Andy

that made you feel good?

Hardware 07-11-2010 08:35 PM

Cool Video. The AMG is BADASS

jagan323 07-11-2010 08:36 PM

man, I am dissapointed that the Camaro review part is so short. I wished they talked more about the options of the Camaro.. Driving style, turning off TC/SC, etc. Richard seemed to be focused too much on the AMG. I was really looking forward to this episode, and now i feel pretty crappy lol. w/e though, Hammond was still fair, and he liked the Camaro =D Which is a 2 thumbs up for me =D

blackknight 07-11-2010 08:39 PM

Cool video. Hammond is the best. That other tall ugly looking dude, is always a dick towards anything american.

BBKTECH 07-11-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acamellis (Post 2085439)

You have to consider the source and region....A car with a V8 and lots of muscle is a "muscle car" in Europe.

Also, Hammond did BS a bit. The AMG is a 6.3L and not a 6.2L (not that it makes the comparison any more fair).

The better comparison for them would've been with an M3 or Audi V8 which are both available in 2 doors and both are kick ass cars that could potentially put the hurt on a Camaro on the TG test track but still cost twice as much.

acamellis 07-11-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK10 (Post 2085483)
Muscle Car is an AMERICAN PHRASE.

Exactly what I grew up thinking.
-Murderer

whitessrs 07-11-2010 08:41 PM

thats just a dumb comparrison!!! who cares about a freakin' mercedes on here?If I went and put $12.000 dollrars in my camaro I'd bust that mercedes azz!!!!and I would have still spent 20 grand less than the mercedes.

BLACK10 07-11-2010 08:41 PM

:laugh:

convicted murderer

nalinc23 07-11-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SZOTSTA24 (Post 2085202)
I don't know why they compared the Camaro to the AMG. It's an apples and oranges situation but I predicted what would happen. I knew the AMG would be faster, but I knew that Hammond would prefer the Camaro. Great episode. This will be on iTunes in HD in a few months...

http://www.finalgear.com

They have all the top gear episodes available and the recent ones are available in HD torrent downloads. You're welcome :thumbup:

fad1 07-11-2010 08:45 PM

that episode was quite good. I am disappointed that they compared it to an AMG. Whatever, great episode.

BADNESS 07-11-2010 08:46 PM

I love Top gear and its very entertaining. And just being truthful Bone stock Camaros, Aren't that impressive. Its nearly a 4000 pound car with 426hp, and it needs it to post up decent performance figures. I think each and everyone of us who owns a Camaro fully REALIZES that there are faster cars then the Camaro which probably can be had cheaper. With that being said , we also realize that the Camaros presence is HARD to match.

Ex-Ford 07-11-2010 08:55 PM

And just as everyone else as said.

Horrible comparison, it's a completely different market share. Can you really even call anything that isn't from the US a "Muscle Car"?

Personally, I think not.

whamslam3 07-11-2010 08:57 PM

ya that tall guy is a douche he just doesnt understand...:facepalm:
the other little guy however does understand and thats why he said he would still have the camaro:headbang:.
that other car was ugly and should not be considered a muscle car. it looked like a rich mans family car:barf:.

Slammer 07-11-2010 08:57 PM

Love it
My Maloo is faster than the Camaro SS

ddavis 07-11-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADNESS (Post 2085542)
I think each and everyone of us who owns a Camaro fully REALIZES that there are faster cars then the Camaro which probably can be had cheaper.

How many stock cars can you list that can break into the 12's for under 38k? :iono:

Lucky SOB 07-11-2010 09:02 PM

On the plus side... awesome cinematography... and that Camaro looked amazing sliding around their track

deathrow-

Mr CLuTcH 07-11-2010 09:03 PM

It's very unfair for the Camaro to be reviewed by a party which already has a bias from the beginning of the review. There can be no fair judgment. The guys over at Top Gear love sport-luxury/exotic supercars, if a car doesn't remotely come close to those type of cars, they bash them.

I mean come on, your comparing a Camaro to a AMG? Which in America cause triple the price? lol. Seriously. The funny thing is,to them the Camaro may be known as the perfect car for a red-neck, but if any owner were to invest a fraction of the cost of the AMG into the Camaro, such as 9,000 dollars, or sometimes less, you'd have a faster car on every level. It would wipe the floor with AMG's ass then send them back home with they're tails tucked.

So owners, don't take those insults seriously because the Camaro is so much more of a car than that thing. What the AMG has is more luxury than anything, that's what people are paying for, with the addition of high-performance. What would have been funny was if Top Gear compared the "Hennessey HPE550 to the AMG",.....that would have been rape on soo many levels. Then we'd not only be murderers, we'd be rapist!

Hell, if you wanna talk money vs performance, Hennessey Camaro's would out-perform the AMG, heavily, and still for LESS MONEY. So if I'm going to do a comparison, I'm going to compare cars which have around the same cost, not a 40k car vs 100k car. That's just silly. But I did enjoy seeing the Camaro take those corners, it did so well! Looked beautiful. Great handling!

whitessrs 07-11-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slammer (Post 2085593)
Love it
My Maloo is faster than the Camaro SS

but the Camaro SS is way cooler,thats why your here.