Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Do you hate stripes? I hate stripes. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100709)

lets_go_bills 08-15-2010 06:12 PM

Do you hate stripes? I hate stripes.

I'll start off by saying that this isn't meant to be a negative thread. To each his own and I respect every Camaro owner's choices. :headbang:

I'm just curious how many of you out there hate the look of the stripes on the Camaro. I can't stand them and it almost seems like I'm in the minority on this here. Lol. :D

Anybody else dislike the stripes?

P.S.

I also hate the GFX.

Phoenix328 08-15-2010 06:15 PM

originally i did, but im thinking of stripes now. i didnt really like the color options for stripes that would look good with my car. i really hate the color white and that is what would look good with ibm. i also didnt like the rally stripes. now im thinking of getting the transformer stripes in the color silver. this all started with me seeing a ibm camaro with silver rally stripes and after seeing it in person i really really liked it i thought it was hot!

Tallboy 08-15-2010 06:19 PM

99% of the stripes are "wrong". Stripes on the hood and trunklid, but NOT on the roof and front and rear bumpers covers looks horribly wrong to me.

A striped car should look like it drove under a "stripe-dripping paint machine". The stripes should go from the very font to the very back, otherwise it just doesn't look right.

One of the reasons I ordered a car without them.

SSLarry 08-15-2010 06:20 PM

I hate you for hating stripes :D

Stormyone 08-15-2010 06:25 PM

I like the stripes just as they are... they remind me of the stripes that were on the 68 and 69 camaros, and also the 70 chevelles....

i007spectre 08-15-2010 06:33 PM

if stripes on the roof look better to you, buy a mustang.

hubcap 08-15-2010 06:34 PM

I love the stripes. I havent seen any camaro i didnt like.
I mean except the 26" wheels and bad taste paint colors.
Bottom line is its your car---have fun!

flyby 08-15-2010 06:39 PM

NO

biojack 08-15-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lets_go_bills (Post 2222775)
I'll start off by saying that this isn't meant to be a negative thread. To each his own and I respect every Camaro owner's choices. :headbang:

I'm just curious how many of you out there hate the look of the stripes on the Camaro. I can't stand them and it almost seems like I'm in the minority on this here. Lol. :D

P.S.

I also hate the GFX.

So?

Not post worthy...C5 going to shit...

spyderbuddy 08-15-2010 06:41 PM

Love the stripes makes it look sporter

Lbness 08-15-2010 06:43 PM

I left mine on the trunk ...
I saw it kinda another way ... the paint was too nice to cover.

SQUALO 08-15-2010 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lets_go_bills (Post 2222775)

P.S.

I also hate the GFX.

Thanks for respecting those with stripes. I have to admit, I chose stripes at the last minute, when ordering my car, and I like how they emphasize the base color. On the flip side, I would have been happy without, less maintence, and the Camaro still looks awesome. I was parked next to a fellow forum member, who doesn't have stripes, and his car seemed to have a wider stance look. In the end, to each their own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallboy (Post 2222802)
99% of the stripes are "wrong". Stripes on the hood and trunklid, but NOT on the roof and front and rear bumpers covers looks horribly wrong to me.

A striped car should look like it drove under a "stripe-dripping paint machine". The stripes should go from the very font to the very back, otherwise it just doesn't look right.

Roof stripes are, and always have been a Mustang trait.

Attachment 154799

Quote:

Originally Posted by i007spectre (Post 2222841)
if stripes on the roof look better to you, buy a mustang.

:word:

Kahdir 08-15-2010 06:48 PM

I like stripes depending on the color combo... :iono:

jagan323 08-15-2010 06:49 PM

I've seen some nice ones... GFX and stripes. I think depends on the person driving it really. I just dont think Stripes really fit me =p Im not super flashy/racey lol.

Bryan 08-15-2010 07:13 PM

This car need the stripes imo.

olivdav 08-15-2010 07:21 PM

When I went to the dealer to buy mine, I didn't feel the need for stripes. I got a good deal on this one and the stripes are growing on me. My stripes are a little different than usual, in fact they look as one owner posted, looks like it drove under a paint machine. Also it is the same scheme as the Indy pace car. I get alot of looks and love my Camaro!!

YELLOW2SS 08-15-2010 07:23 PM

You have to be a ford fan to like roof stripes!!!!! apparently you are fairly young and do not know the heritage of Camaro stripes, Hood and trunk only, but to each his own. Oh yea, I love them the way they are!!!!

Tallboy 08-15-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SQUALO (Post 2222877)
Roof stripes are, and always have been a Mustang trait.

:word:

Agreed. One of the things the Mustang has done better than the Camaro. Stripes on the hood and decklid, and not on the roof [regardless of manufacturer] = Fail.

Tallboy 08-15-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YELLOW2SS (Post 2223018)
You have to be a ford fan to like roof stripes!!!!! apparently you are fairly young and do not know the heritage of Camaro stripes, Hood and trunk only, but to each his own. Oh yea, I love them the way they are!!!!

I am a "Ford" fan, at the tender age of 43. I'm well aware of the Camaro's "heritage", and it still looks like ass. That's why neither of my previous Camaros had them.

olivdav 08-15-2010 07:28 PM

http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/ass..._camaro_02.jpg

Tallboy 08-15-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olivdav (Post 2223029)

THAT ^^^ Is how it's supposed to be! :cool:

olivdav 08-15-2010 07:29 PM

Like mine!!!

ketel0ne 08-15-2010 07:33 PM

Striped muscle cars sell better at Mecum and Barrett Jackson auctions.

CaniacFan 08-15-2010 07:41 PM

I wasn't sure on the stripes initially... Ordered the black rally stripes for my CGM thinking they would be subtle anyway. Then I actually saw the stripes and they were natte finish - have never seen anything but shiny stripes.. But after a week or two, they started to grow on me.

Full body stripes (in my opinion) were introduced by Mustang and although they look nice, that's where they belong. The Camaro old school stripes were done right for the Camaro.. But again, to each their own... When I see a Camaro now without stripes, it looks naked to me. Still nice nonetheless.

GFX, I was bummed that I couldn't afford (didn't think it was worth the money) the extra $2250 for them, when all I really wanted was the rectangle tail pipes. I don't like the big, low chin - my luck I'd mash it into a curb.

Hey, the OP asked, be respectful - he's just looking for your opinions. :D

zbo2 08-15-2010 08:00 PM

that's the great thing about the new camaro.................it looks just as good weither you have the stripes or not.

motorhead 08-15-2010 08:11 PM

For me it depends on the color combo ,but either way I don't like the factory stripes. They screwed up by ending them at the hood. To me it just doesn't like right.

Ringo 08-15-2010 08:21 PM

I hate the ground effects much more than stripes. I never wanted stripes on my car, but at least the painted ones that go over the hood and onto the fascia Bumble Bee style aren't too bad. The stock shorter vinyl ones really look cheap.

scythezo6 08-15-2010 08:34 PM

I like stripes. I have the convertible concept stripes and they went onto the roof at 1st but I took them off because they were installed wrong...

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...IMGP0004-8.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...IMGP0003-7.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...IMGP0002-8.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...IMGP0001-6.jpg

They will be back on soon.

skuttduck 08-15-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallboy (Post 2223025)
Agreed. One of the things the Mustang has done better than the Camaro. Stripes on the hood and decklid, and not on the roof [regardless of manufacturer] = Fail.

I respectfully disagree. Roof stripes on the camaro with the reverse mohawk? I don't think it would look right.

Also on a car with a sunroof, the roof stripes wouldn't look right either.

Love my black rally stripes on Cliffy. It really completes the look of the car, and doesn't shout "Look at me" like the white or orange stripes do.

Tallboy 08-15-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skuttduck (Post 2223253)
I respectfully disagree. Roof stripes on the camaro with the reverse mohawk? I don't think it would look right.

Also on a car with a sunroof, the roof stripes wouldn't look right either.

Love my black rally stripes on Cliffy. It really completes the look of the car, and doesn't shout "Look at me" like the white or orange stripes do.

I wasn't just referring to the Camaro, I was referring to all cars. You'll notice on a car like the Viper GTS, it's got full stripes, and no-one refers to that being a "Mustang" trait.

skuttduck 08-15-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallboy (Post 2223264)
I wasn't just referring to the Camaro, I was referring to all cars. You'll notice on a car like the Viper GTS, it's got full stripes, and no-one refers to that being a "Mustang" trait.

I understood that, I was just pointing out that certain traits of certain cars would not look right with roof stripes.

Any car with a sunroof, convertables, and T-tops.

To change the subject to non-stripes, and things I totally can't stand. Spinning rims and hub caps, as well as Altezza tail lights.

ihada69L78 08-15-2010 08:51 PM

I'm going to stay true to the 69SS and go with only black hockey stripes on my SW 2011.

The black 69SS I ordered was supposed to have white hockey stripes. I wanted solid black but the dealer said they all came with stripes. It came with red stripes so the dealer and I split the cost to remove them.

2011 2SS m6. Built 8-12-2011. Delivered ????

Ironheadspearo 08-15-2010 08:59 PM

i am thinking of starsky n hutch stripes....... jk

JUISSD 08-15-2010 09:18 PM

I like simple schemes but the Camaro looks good with stripes. Our V6 is black with no stripes and will probably stay that way. I love the orange stripes on my car. I'll probably change them to wrap over the spoiler in the back though.

TonyNo 08-15-2010 09:47 PM

Count me in for no stripes!

I wanted them originally, but, I don't think it would look any better with them.

bigd1276 08-15-2010 09:49 PM

I originally hated stripes too but after owning mine for about 6 months I realized how cool some of the other member's cars looked with stripes. It also just seemed like there was just way too much blue and needed something to break up all the color. Just goes to show you that your opinion can change.

Dave2SSRS 08-15-2010 09:56 PM

I like stripes! :respekt:

OuSoonersGirl 08-15-2010 10:01 PM

Wasn't a fan until I saw them on the 2010 Camaro. I originally had no intention on getting stripes but I ended up with them. I saw the matte black on black and fell for them. I didn't do the matte look after all but I am super happy with how mine turned out. Love them!!!!

SchwarzerDrache 08-15-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green man (Post 2222787)
I hate V6's...

I hate assholes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallboy (Post 2222802)

Wrong? Not at all. Love the stripes as they are. It looks like a CAMARO, but to each his own.

linkwpc 08-15-2010 10:27 PM

They are great! :rolleyes: :cool: