Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   hellcat at dealership (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411659)

macwest 06-07-2015 05:35 PM

hellcat at dealership

I drove my camaro over to a Dodge dealership this weekend. I was looking at a scat pack for the wife. We want to upgrade her 2010 RT. Ends up they had a hellcat on the floor for 92K. manager said you want to buy it. I said No but would race him for pinks. Manger looked at my camaro then back at hellcat then replied don't no but would race me with a zo6 they had. I laughed . Their confidence enthusiasm was overwhelmingly felt for the hellcat :)

Just an interesting tidbit I found out from talking to some of the guys later they all said they wish it never arrived at their dealership. I guess the owner wont let them negotiate it on price and it just ends up urking potential buyers.

motorhead 06-07-2015 05:38 PM

They can choke on it for that cost. There are much better cars out there for 92k. It's worth what Dodge has the MSRP at but no more to me.

BDBiker 06-07-2015 06:17 PM

Add-on fees rub me the wrong way in a hurry, I have no use for dealerships that inflate the price above MSRP, and I will tell them in a heartbeat what they can do with it.

macwest 06-07-2015 08:26 PM

if you want a challenger best deal is a scat pack then add your own supercharger.

sterlingRPI 06-07-2015 08:52 PM

local chevy dealer here got two of them second hand with about 500mi on the clock. Asked $80k for each of them. They were both sold in three days.

Personally I think the ZL1 is the better all around car, with its handling and track capability. Just wish chevy would give it more powwwer!

Front Runner 06-07-2015 09:22 PM

Dealer near my area has had a Hellcat on the floor for a couple of months. The dealer owner purchased it new and put it up for sale with a mark up at 82K and it has sat for months. The price has been reduced two times I believe and it's still not moving. It has around 100 miles on it.

Tampa Tuning 06-07-2015 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macwest (Post 8471342)
if you want a challenger best deal is a scat pack then add your own supercharger.

and I can calibrate it with HP Tuners now. They are lining up for more power:happyanim:

SpeedIsLife 06-07-2015 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macwest (Post 8471342)

The 392 in stock form is not a boost friendly engine.

BigBlock69RS 06-07-2015 11:47 PM

92k lol.

DRKS1D3 06-08-2015 12:28 PM

For $92k, I hope it sits there until the tires are dry-rotten and flat.

macwest 06-08-2015 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 (Post 8472263)
For $92k, I hope it sits there until the tires are dry-rotten and flat.

it probably will. Sales people don't want to even touch it. All iknow is for 92K + tax, license and fees I am not far off of a loaded viper or Z06 either one is a hell of a better deal then a hellcat at 92K

ClawSS 06-09-2015 08:11 AM

Hot sex with a supermodel:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...bd66c8481b.jpg

Or drunken prom date your mom hooked you up with:
http://www.drivesrt.com/news/wp-cont...5/Super-21.jpg

STOCK1SC 06-09-2015 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife (Post 8471585)
The 392 in stock form is not a boost friendly engine.

Yep, that's why they downsized displacement to 6.2 on the Hellcats to beef them up, the 392 just can't handle much boost unfortunately. Still probably the best American N/A V8 made until the Ford Gt350 hits the streets.

c5Legend 06-09-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClawSS (Post 8473511)
Hot sex with a supermodel:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...bd66c8481b.jpg

Or drunken prom date your mom hooked you up with:
http://www.drivesrt.com/news/wp-cont...5/Super-21.jpg

Exactly, you got to be a dodge die hard if you ever went with the 2nd option for that amount of cash lol.

Denis 06-09-2015 11:32 AM

saw this one at the dealer a few weeks ago. it was already sold for MSRP.

Matte black hood too.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...psbrqeqqkm.jpg

GossipSquirrelJelena 06-15-2015 09:57 PM

Saw two Hellcat challys (one red one dark gray) and a black Hellcat Charger at a car show in Vineland NJ this weekend. Holy Sh!t do these car have an EVIL presence up close and personal! As usual photos just don't do them justice!

Front Runner 06-16-2015 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena (Post 8484628)
Saw two Hellcat challys (one red one dark gray) and a black Hellcat Charger at a car show in Vineland NJ this weekend. Holy Sh!t do these car have an EVIL presence up close and personal! As usual photos just don't do them justice!

Besides the lower front bumper, hood, and emblems how does it look any different from any other Challenger SRT? IMO the presence of the Challenger Hellcat and SRT are almost identical.

Denis 06-16-2015 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Front Runner (Post 8484844)
Besides the lower front bumper, hood, and emblems how does it look any different from any other Challenger SRT? IMO the presence of the Challenger Hellcat and SRT are almost identical.

this.

im not really impressed by the looks of them over the standard SRT versions. but the numbers are what's impressive.

GossipSquirrelJelena 06-16-2015 08:01 AM

LOL you just named 3 differences! That's like saying what's the difference between a Camaro SS and a Z28? They are basically the same car minus the wheels, front bumper, and big goofy splitter.

stoopid 06-16-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena (Post 8485002)
LOL you just named 3 differences! That's like saying what's the difference between a Camaro SS and a Z28? They are basically the same car minus the wheels, front bumper, and big goofy splitter.

And the 7.0L engine, suspension(?), (?)... :smoking:

GossipSquirrelJelena 06-16-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoopid (Post 8485615)
And the 7.0L engine, suspension(?), (?)... :smoking:

Yea because those things definitely make a visual impact!:facepalm:

hotlap 06-16-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Big goofy splitter? :twitch:

1. Rear spoiler with ‘wickerbill’
2. Unique front fascia
3. Front splitter
4. Hood extractor
5. Rocker moldings and wheel flare moldings
6. Front wheelhouse liners
7. Belly pan
8. Thinner rear window glass
9. Lightweight rear seat
10. Lightweight wheels and tires
11. Carbon ceramic brake rotors
12. No Air conditioning
13. LS7 engine with dry-sump oiling
14. Air intake system
15. Track-capable fuel system
16. Active dual-mode exhaust system and high-flow converter assembly
17. TREMEC TR6060 six-speed manual transmission
18. 5.1-ratio short-throw shifter
19. Strut tower brace
20. Zero-preload limited-slip differential
21. Differential cooler
22. Uprated lower control arm ride link “travel limiter” bushing
23. Uprated rear upper control arm bushing and lower trailing link bushings
24. Higher-rate coil springs and smaller-diameter stabilizer bars
25. DSSV® damper technology
26. Performance Traction Management
27. Nineteen-inch wheels and Pirelli PZero Trofeo R tires
28. Brembo® carbon ceramic brakes

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/h.../0217-z28.html

Front Runner 06-16-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

LOL you just named 3 differences! True, but they are the only external differences that separate the Hellcat from the SRT. That's like saying what's the difference between a Camaro SS and a Z28? They are basically the same car minus the wheels, front bumper, and big goofy splitter. There are many more external visual differences between a SS and a Z/28 than wheels, front bumper, and splitter.

For what it's worth, I like the splitter. :D

See above.

stoopid 06-16-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena (Post 8485634)
Yea because those things definitely make a visual impact!:facepalm:

Point is - who cares what it looks like when it has 707hp. :rolleyes:

The fact it has any presence at all is just bonus.

Bizaro 06-16-2015 02:55 PM

92k for a fat turd?? no thanks

GossipSquirrelJelena 06-16-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Front Runner (Post 8485705)
See above.

You guys are completely retarded. You offering a complete Z28 parts list like everything listed is a visual mod. Dry sump????? Why list that in a conversation that has to do strictly with the visual differences between a Z28 and a V6 Camaro???:faint: There was also a Z28 at the Car show I was at that no one noticed. It was park with the south jersey Camaro clubs other 10 Camaros. The 3 hellcats had a constant crowd around them. The casual Car show observer doesn't give a crap about that Z28 parts list posted above. It's last years news! But they understand 700+ HORSE POWER!

Sandman1969 06-16-2015 04:39 PM

700HP that will send you right into the trees at the first turn ;) Z28 all day. Be interesting what the Hellcat would get on a few laps of the nurburgring

But I do agree about the visual aspects of each.

92k? No way I would by a Chrysler product that isn't a Viper. Would take a Vette for that price and a ton left over to buff it up.

Front Runner 06-16-2015 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena (Post 8485878)
You guys are completely retarded. You offering a complete Z28 parts list like everything listed is a visual mod. Dry sump????? Why list that in a conversation that has to do strictly with the visual differences between a Z28 and a V6 Camaro???:faint: There was also a Z28 at the Car show I was at that no one noticed. It was park with the south jersey Camaro clubs other 10 Camaros. The 3 hellcats had a constant crowd around them. The casual Car show observer doesn't give a crap about that Z28 parts list posted above. It's last years news! But they understand 700+ HORSE POWER!

No reason to call anyone retarded.

If you read my posts, I note only the external visual differences not internals.

By the way, 707 HP isn't an external visual difference from the SRT, and the engine isn't a visual external component.

You've deflected to the Z/28 / SS comparison, so, tell me how the Hellcat's presence is any different than an SRT. Is it's presence based off of 707HP only?

Last years news..... Actually, the Hellcat is too. Focus has shifted to the upcoming GT350/R.

GossipSquirrelJelena 06-16-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Front Runner (Post 8485923)
No reason to call anyone retarded.

If you read my posts, I note only the external visual differences not internals.

By the way, 707 HP isn't an external visual difference from the SRT.

LOL ok I'm done with this thread. You simply said see above to the entire list. I'm saying the Hellcat has real menacing presence! It's a very sexy car in person. But of course so is your Z28! :wave:

shawn18 06-16-2015 05:38 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9WIjTBBuLp0

Hellcat gets a bad rap for not being able to handle. Watch this video and try and keep an open mind. Now it's not a Z28. But its not as bad as people's opinions according to this. I own a ZL1 and have a Hellcat on order so in a few months I will give my comparison. I'm not a fan boy for either car just love American muscle in all forms.

motorhead 06-16-2015 06:05 PM

Man does that thing sound good. Wish I could find one at a reasonable cost.

Front Runner 06-16-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena (Post 8485935)
LOL ok I'm done with this thread. You simply said see above to the entire list. I'm saying the Hellcat has real menacing presence! It's a very sexy car in person. But of course so is your Z28! :wave:

Maybe I should've been more clear with my post. When I wrote "see above" I was referring my additions that I put in your quote.

shawn18 06-16-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 8486014)
Man does that thing sound good. Wish I could find one at a reasonable cost.

I ordered mine at MSRP. It's an M6 B5 blue w/ brass monkey wheels and laguna leather seats w/ red seat belts. I belive the sticker is 63,275. I have a VIN just no TPW yet......

Front Runner 06-16-2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn18 (Post 8486099)
I ordered mine at MSRP. It's an M6 B5 blue w/ brass monkey wheels and laguna leather seats w/ red seat belts. I belive the sticker is 63,275. I have a VIN just no TPW yet......

Cool! Hopefully you'll get a VIN soon. They're cranking them out now and the wait shouldn't be very long. A lot of the mark ups are beginning to go away.

hotlap 06-17-2015 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena (Post 8485878)

Actually, I just wanted to present the whole list and rely on you to discern the visual items. Let me help you :)

Those massive CCB, wheel flares, wickerbill and "big goofy splitter" make quite a visual statement. More so than a Cat Fender badge? :noidea:

No one in South Jersey notices a Z/28? Perhaps they are "retarded"
1. Rear spoiler with ‘wickerbill’
2. Unique front fascia
3. Front splitter
4. Hood extractor
5. Rocker moldings and wheel flare moldings
6. Front wheelhouse liners
7. Belly pan
8. Thinner rear window glass
9. Lightweight rear seat
10. Lightweight wheels and tires
11. Carbon ceramic brake rotors
12. No Air conditioning
13. LS7 engine with dry-sump oiling
14. Air intake system
15. Track-capable fuel system
16. Active dual-mode exhaust system and high-flow converter assembly
17. TREMEC TR6060 six-speed manual transmission
18. 5.1-ratio short-throw shifter
19. Strut tower brace
20. Zero-preload limited-slip differential
21. Differential cooler
22. Uprated lower control arm ride link “travel limiter” bushing
23. Uprated rear upper control arm bushing and lower trailing link bushings
24. Higher-rate coil springs and smaller-diameter stabilizer bars
25. DSSV® damper technology
26. Performance Traction Management
27. Nineteen-inch wheels and Pirelli PZero Trofeo R tires
28. Brembo® carbon ceramic brakes

Dave McFly 06-17-2015 06:05 AM

dat supercharger whine
:drool:

Denis 06-17-2015 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena (Post 8485935)

the hellcat does NOT have a menacing presence. I saw one the other day and didn't even realize it was a Cat until it was going by and saw the badge on the fender. The Z/28 or the GT350, you know what your looking at when it goes by. the Hellcat you need to look for the badges.

that's not to say I don't think the Hellcat isn't a badass vehicle...I would love to have one. but its more subtitle than its competition visually.

DRKS1D3 06-17-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 (Post 8486590)
Actually, I just wanted to present the whole list and rely on you to discern the visual items. Let me help you :)

Those massive CCB, wheel flares, wickerbill and "big goofy splitter" make quite a visual statement. More so than a Cat Fender badge? :noidea:

No one in South Jersey notices a Z/28? Perhaps they are "retarded"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis (Post 8486626)
the hellcat does NOT have a menacing presence. I saw one the other day and didn't even realize it was a Cat until it was going by and saw the badge on the fender. The Z/28 or the GT350, you know what your looking at when it goes by. the Hellcat you need to look for the badges.

that's not to say I don't think the Hellcat isn't a badass vehicle...I would love to have one. but its more subtitle than its competition visually.

Exactly! Some friends and I were at a huge, local car show a few weeks back. We saw a few Hellcats and they all said, "How can you tell?". I said, "You see that 'Screaming Cat Head' on the fender? That is how you can tell.". The Z/28 on the other hand, stands out from any other production Camaro. :smoking:

newmoon 06-17-2015 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis (Post 8486626)

Do you want a vehicle that looks manacing then pulls up to the lights and clicks off a high 12-sec 1/4 mile, or a vehicle that looks common and then cranks out a low 11-sec 1/4. I know which one I want.

ZYBORG 06-17-2015 09:00 AM

The HC is definitely an menacing looking vehicle. Saying that it looks like the common challenger is really just as silly as saying a that a Z28 looks like a regular camaro.

No brand sack ridding here.