Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Moving to Indiana in the morning... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160407)

angie7 07-23-2011 06:58 AM

Moving to Indiana in the morning...

800 mile road trip with a loaded down Camaro, my dog and pet snake. Crossing my fingers for an uneventful trip, no tickets and no wrecks. As long as I remember to roll my tinted windows down in GA between exits 80-90 I should be fine. Last time I rolled thru there, I got a tint ticket :D $200 bucks!

TOMS1SS 07-23-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie7 (Post 3509477)
800 mile road trip with a loaded down Camaro, my dog and pet snake. Crossing my fingers for an uneventful trip, no tickets and no wrecks. As long as I remember to roll my tinted windows down in GA between exits 80-90 I should be fine. Last time I rolled thru there, I got a tint ticket :D $200 bucks!

What kind of snake?:yikes:

suplex 07-23-2011 07:30 AM

Good luck on your journey, I hope all is well for you from point A to point B with no issues other than having to stop for gas...lol.

So what's going on in Indiana...moving for a job?

Darth Martel 07-23-2011 07:36 AM

Safe journey. Hopefully nothing but smooth sailing for you. Where in Indiana are you moving to? I call this place Bizarroland but, it's not terrible here. It will take a bit to get used to though. If you need any help, hit me up.

kcsr6 07-23-2011 08:01 AM

If your going through the Fishers area roll those windows down I got a ticket last year for tint. Welcome to Hoosier land!!

MiracleAces 07-23-2011 08:13 AM

Have a safe trip. Can you get a ticket for an illegal tint even if your car isn't registered in that state?

Purdue2011SS 07-23-2011 08:25 AM

indiana! :bow:

dutchnrican 07-23-2011 08:29 AM

whyyy, i'd love to live in Florida

CAMAR0 07-23-2011 08:47 AM

Camaro corvette event next sat at the brickyard. Bug your dealer for a spot. If they call the regional rep they should be able to secure one!".

IROCanSS 07-23-2011 08:48 AM

Come visit us at some of our Ohio events or the Indiana guys events.

MEDISIN 07-23-2011 09:10 AM

It will be in the mid 90s most of the day - with temps that high, I"m not sure I would roll those windows down, especially with the dog and snake in the car with you. I doubt you would get ticketed for tint with out of state plates. But obey all traffic laws so you don't attract unnecessary attention. Safe travels!

BackinBlackSS/RS 07-23-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEDISIN (Post 3509686)
I doubt you would get ticketed for tint with out of state plates.

Oh in Georgia you will. She already has. :facepalm:

Sir Nuke 07-23-2011 09:12 AM

Angie.....take your time, and have a safe trip.

Vaderzer0 07-23-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiracleAces (Post 3509582)
Can you get a ticket for an illegal tint even if your car isn't registered in that state?

Laws dont change just because youre new. But you would think a warning would be in order...

BackinBlackSS/RS 07-23-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaderzer0 (Post 3509696)
Laws dont change just because youre new. But you would think a warning would be in order...

Yep, but if you wanted to fight it in court I'm sure you could win that. I mean seriously, think about it. You live in one state, follow your states guidelines, travel through another state and get a ticket for tint? A motorist cannot be expected to know other states tints laws, or to remove it before entering said state. It's just goes against all common sense. What kind of idiot officer would give an out of state ticket for tint? Unless of course the driver was being a dick. If you get pulled over for this out of state and you are polite and respectful, I would bet the farm you are not going to get a ticket.

Overflow 07-23-2011 09:35 AM

Whew. I thought this thread was gonna be about you having to sell your Camaro because you're moving to Indiana. But I'm glad you're keeping it. I wish you a safe trip to Indiana.

heRS 07-23-2011 09:44 AM

Have a safe trip! I don't see the bf mentioned with the dog and snake.... ?

first one 07-23-2011 10:04 AM

I see that you're already a member of indiana 5gen and that you couldn't make it to the Hare chev. meet last Saturday that was awesome by the way (80 some 5gens). Welcome to the fold!

angie7 07-23-2011 10:37 AM

I will try to answer everyone's questions!!!

Quote:

What kind of snake?:yikes:
Columbian Redtail Boa. She's 1.5 years old and about 5 ft long currently.

Quote:

So what's going on in Indiana...moving for a job?
Nope. It's my homestate. Lived there my whole life, moved here a year ago a moving back to b closer to friends and family.

Quote:

Where in Indiana are you moving to?
Evansville area...very southern tip of Indiana on the Ohio River.

Quote:

Are you planning two days?
Nope straight thru. About a 13 hr trip.

Quote:

Can you get a ticket for an illegal tint even if your car isn't registered in that state?
sure can. have florida tags but the tint is illegal in all states (20%).

Quote:

whyyy, i'd love to live in Florida
yea that's what I thought too but I was wrong! Traffic is awful, people are rude, everything's too comercialized. I'm a country girl not a city girl. I miss going fishing, hiking in the woods, long peaceful drives in the country..

Quote:

Have a safe trip! I don't see the bf mentioned with the dog and snake.... ?
The bf is coming up the following week with the furniture, then back to florida to finish up his job. Should be up by Sept.

Thanks everyone :wub:

HookemHorns 07-23-2011 10:46 AM

Have a safe trip...I hope that you checked regulations for pet snakes as some states might outlaw them...not sure but I want you to be safe. There are certain states that I can't go through such as Ga with my pet monkey.

RangerMan 07-23-2011 10:52 AM

Have a safe trip!!!

Blondie3 07-23-2011 11:57 AM

Good luck on your move and new endeavors!

I went to Indiana in 2009.
Living in my area of NY, I dont see corn or wheat fields, but I enjoyed the country/farm scenery.

daveagogo1 07-23-2011 01:18 PM

Have a good trip. Florida is not for everyone. I relocated here 10yrs ago from Michigan and it was tough. Huge culture clash but I got used to it over time. Its very common for people to come here and leave in the first year or so. Bet you will be glad you had the experience though. I do go back and visit family and friends but now im a lifer here and im loving every minute of it.

angie7 07-23-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 3509706)
Yep, but if you wanted to fight it in court I'm sure you could win that. I mean seriously, think about it. You live in one state, follow your states guidelines, travel through another state and get a ticket for tint? A motorist cannot be expected to know other states tints laws, or to remove it before entering said state. It's just goes against all common sense. What kind of idiot officer would give an out of state ticket for tint? Unless of course the driver was being a dick. If you get pulled over for this out of state and you are polite and respectful, I would bet the farm you are not going to get a ticket.

20% tint is illegal in many if not all states so the law is the law. And of course I wasnt rude to the LEO. Never would I show anyone disrespect in a position like that and for doing their job. Heck even my b/f is a LEO. So I guess you just lost ur farm ;)

angie7 07-23-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HookemHorns (Post 3509961)
Have a safe trip...I hope that you checked regulations for pet snakes as some states might outlaw them...not sure but I want you to be safe. There are certain states that I can't go through such as Ga with my pet monkey.

Pet Monkey :confused0068: well lets hope I dont get pulled over then. She came here from Indiana once before so lets home we make a safe trip back home!

BackinBlackSS/RS 07-23-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie7 (Post 3510470)
So I guess you just lost ur farm ;)

Well, not really. See I said if you were following your states rules about tint, THEN you would not likely be held accountable. In your case, you were not following your states laws or anybody else's laws. So, looks like I got my farm back. :headbang: ;)

angie7 07-23-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 3510484)
Well, not really. See I said if you were following your states rules about tint, THEN you would not likely be held accountable. In your case, you were not following your states laws or anybody else's laws. So, looks like I got my farm back. :headbang: ;)

:sm0: guess so ;)

BackinBlackSS/RS 07-23-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie7 (Post 3510488)
:sm0: guess so ;)

:D :wave:

suplex 07-23-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie7 (Post 3509941)
Nope. It's my homestate. Lived there my whole life, moved here a year ago a moving back to be closer to friends and family.

I wouldn't have even questioned it if I knew it was your home state, as odd as it may sound, I can actually feel how much happier you must already be knowing you will be "home" soon. Of course, you're always at home in this forum as well :thumbup:

Quote:

yea that's what I thought too but I was wrong! Traffic is awful, people are rude, everything's too commercialized. I'm a country girl not a city girl. I miss going fishing, hiking in the woods, long peaceful drives in the country.
That makes a lot more sense now knowing that you are a country girl. Not that only country girls are in to their cars they way guys would typically be, but I do think they like cars...on average...more than other girls. Also explains your personality. Country girls are more down to Earth in my opinion...I'd love to meet one someday. :w00t:

djm96z28 07-23-2011 03:16 PM

Have a safe trip back. I'm from Jeffersonville, IN. It's right across from Louisville. Have a few White Castles for me!

angie7 07-23-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suplex (Post 3510567)
I wouldn't have even questioned it if I knew it was your home state, as odd as it may sound, I can actually feel how much happier you must already be knowing you will be "home" soon. Of course, you're always at home in this forum as well :thumbup:

That makes a lot more sense now knowing that you are a country girl. Not that only country girls are in to their cars they way guys would typically be, but I do think they like cars...on average...more than other girls. Also explains your personality. Country girls are more down to Earth in my opinion...I'd love to meet one someday. :w00t:

Awww thanks! Def a country girl at heart. I'd rather thrown on a pair of jeans, go fishing and work on cars then go shopping or do my nails. I always joke that I'm the best of both worlds. I'm girly enough that I can fit in with the city folk and still country enough I can get down with the best of them :D

rwmiller56 07-24-2011 09:21 AM

Good luck and have a safe trip!