Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dang I miss this place when it was active! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530506)

RubyCamaro 06-01-2018 09:43 PM

Dang I miss this place when it was active!

Is it just me??? Does anyone else terribly miss when this place was always busy? There were always multiple threads folks were actively responding to that I wanted to read & comment on, always something being discussed I wanted to learn about or just folks to talk to, always a discussion about whatever was going on in the world, always something funny or silly or serious, just like a cool place to hang out. I truly & sincerely miss those days.

rich2342 06-02-2018 06:36 AM

It is a pretty slow forum. Some times days for a response or little interest at all. Its a shame for such an iconic car.

HawkeyeZL1 06-02-2018 03:22 PM

I'm a member on 4 different forums and it's the same on all, slow. I think the facebook groups have really cut into the forum traffic. Not a facebook guy myself. These forums are my only online interactions with like minded individuals.

Overflow 06-02-2018 06:00 PM

I was just thinking that today... This forum use to be active no matter the time of day. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is kinda sad. Now you just see the same 20 people posting.

chef-beavis 06-02-2018 11:35 PM

I'm with you, Ruby. I will never forget, or leave.

SecondZ28 06-03-2018 06:35 AM

It’s sad, most of them are a shell of their former selfs; only really active forum I still see is CorvetteForum . Which makes sense it’s an older demographic that doesn’t use Facebook

ssrs2lt 06-03-2018 09:48 PM

I came in when this place was busy.. It was full of characters good and bad ..Still enjoy it but its very neutral..I think the push a couple years ago to clean up and make it family friendly, kinda made a model for membership..I'm still here but miss the interaction..bat in the trunk thread probably gets killed quickly..maybe I'm wrong

Rahnok 06-03-2018 09:51 PM

It sounds like I missed out on a lot of fun. I joined pretty late in the game due to the fact that I couldn’t afford one then and I was 10 years old in 2010. :baby:

AG1LE 06-03-2018 09:56 PM

All the knowledgeable members were squashed via the usual sponsor/admin money-driven BS.

AG1LE 06-03-2018 10:00 PM

And, I doubt any of the admins/mods actually own a 5th gen at this point. Most of them lost interest and didn't bother to find replacements.

Sir Nuke 06-04-2018 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawkeyeZL1 (Post 10205805)
I'm a member on 4 different forums and it's the same on all, slow. I think the facebook groups have really cut into the forum traffic. Not a facebook guy myself. These forums are my only online interactions with like minded individuals.

My actual club forum has nearly gone completely dormant because of that very thing, I had NEVER been on FB before, and refused to get on it, I actually hate it, but if I want to be able to keep up or know what is going on in my local club, I had to brake down and get on it, it was either that or quit the club!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chef-beavis (Post 10206175)
I'm with you, Ruby. I will never forget, or leave.

Ruby.....thank goodness us diehards will still be around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecondZ28 (Post 10206256)
It’s sad, most of them are a shell of their former selfs; only really active forum I still see is CorvetteForum . Which makes sense it’s an older demographic that doesn’t use Facebook

:word: (see 1st comment)

hrpiii 06-04-2018 06:43 AM

It is a little sad to see the forum post drop so drastically over the years. I know many still have their 5th Gens too, you can see them at Camarofest. But they just don't care to post, or share or converse on the forum anymore. You can get to know the people a lot more if they continue to share their passion for the cars and the group as a whole.

hammdo 06-04-2018 06:59 AM

Agree, was very, very busy (Vendors doing creative things, members cranking out awesome one-of-a-kinds) but like was noted, many either moved on to a new Camaro, lost interest or, just are not as active anymore due to other distractions. I enjoy my Camaro and find new ways to keep ‘engaged’. Many of us enjoyed reading about other members adventures — always a great read. Seemed to really come to a head when COTW stopped for our 5th Gen.

I visit other forums too and they all have the same issue, same few folks posting. ModernCamaro is a prime example. Practically dead with little discussion/debate. Happens... ls1tech is still going strong however, it’s more than gen5 Camaro5

Not a fan of Facebook but, sometimes you gotta go there (businesses are on there so...;o)

CamaroFest is around the corner, so something to look forward to... Some of us will be hanging around for a while ;o)

-Don

SquawkVFR 06-04-2018 07:32 AM

You can’t expect a forum to remain active when the parameters are narrowed to 5th gen Camaros. Why do you think “corvetteforum.com” is so alive and well? It doesn’t read “C5Corvetteforum.com”. Besides, so many topics are forbidden here plus it’s snowflake central and the admins sit in here like deer hunters in a tree stand waiting for anyone to make the slightest infraction.

But fear not. The Camaro5 legacy will live on for as long as there’s internet.

99% of the time when you ask a question on a search engine or look up a problem concerning a Camaro, you’ll be steered towards Camaro5. So there’s that. :). And college football.

SquawkVFR 06-04-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahnok (Post 10207065)
It sounds like I missed out on a lot of fun. I joined pretty late in the game due to the fact that I couldn’t afford one then and I was 10 years old in 2010. :baby:

Ok, and well...this person needs to be banned or something just for making us feel old. :cry:

Jay_LHD3 06-04-2018 12:54 PM

I still visit daily, but now only spend a few minutes looking at threads where before I would spend hours.

I miss my 2010 SS and hope to get back in a Camaro someday, when it's more practical. Looking at the current prices though I'll probably have to pick up a low mileage used one! Back when a 2SS was 35K it made sense, now at 44K it just seems a bit much.

I sure am glad I don't need a truck, because I don't need that house payment!!

:happy0180:

Overflow 06-04-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahnok (Post 10207065)

:faint::faint::faint:

I still feel like 2010 was just a year or two ago...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammdo (Post 10207266)
Agree, was very, very busy (Vendors doing creative things, members cranking out awesome one-of-a-kinds) but like was noted, many either moved on to a new Camaro, lost interest or, just are not as active anymore due to other distractions. I enjoy my Camaro and find new ways to keep ‘engaged’. Many of us enjoyed reading about other members adventures — always a great read. Seemed to really come to a head when COTW stopped for our 5th Gen.

I visit other forums too and they all have the same issue, same few folks posting. ModernCamaro is a prime example. Practically dead with little discussion/debate. Happens... ls1tech is still going strong however, it’s more than gen5 Camaro5

Not a fan of Facebook but, sometimes you gotta go there (businesses are on there so...;o)

CamaroFest is around the corner, so something to look forward to... Some of us will be hanging around for a while ;o)

-Don

I can't make any promises about this, but I'm in discussions with one of the mods about bringing something like this back. To help breathe some life back into camaro5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 (Post 10207680)
I still visit daily, but now only spend a few minutes looking at threads where before I would spend hours.

I miss my 2010 SS and hope to get back in a Camaro someday, when it's more practical. Looking at the current prices though I'll probably have to pick up a low mileage used one! Back when a 2SS was 35K it made sense, now at 44K it just seems a bit much.

I sure am glad I don't need a truck, because I don't need that house payment!!

:happy0180:

This is when you know a forums good at it's job... When you have people that don't even own a Camaro sticking around... Nice to still have you buddy. :wave:

camguynj 06-04-2018 06:32 PM

I’m on everyday but it’s definitely slowed down just like a product’s life cycle that’s in it’s maturity phase, but besides the redundant posts due to new 2nd hand owners I find there’s always something new and folks willing to share there knowledge and experience. Sure do miss The Stig and Apex Chase though :frown:

CFD 06-04-2018 06:53 PM

I'm still on here everyday but don't post much seeing the Camaro's gone .

BAD DAB 06-04-2018 07:16 PM

I’m still here too. I’ve met some really cool people on this site. I miss how active it was too. I still buy and sell from time to time. Maybe this post will spark peoples interest again. Cant wait for Camarofest.

Mydivorcegift 06-05-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 10205326)
Is it just me??? Does anyone else terribly miss when this place was always busy? There were always multiple threads folks were actively responding to that I wanted to read & comment on, always something being discussed I wanted to learn about or just folks to talk to, always a discussion about whatever was going on in the world, always something funny or silly or serious, just like a cool place to hang out. I truly & sincerely miss those days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFD (Post 10208041)
I'm still on here everyday but don't post much seeing the Camaro's gone .

More time for the gym you 2....:pop2::sm0:

CFD 06-05-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift (Post 10208564)

I'm still at it.

Linker239 06-05-2018 07:51 PM

Yeah, I'm here everyday, it was fun looking at all the cool mods people could come up with. It seems that a lot of people have moved on, and it has slowed down significantly.

AG1LE 06-05-2018 07:55 PM

I check in pretty much every day, looking for that nugget of info or good sale, even though I discontinued my build thread. Good for buying/selling or getting ideas. Would be great if we could get a set of new mods who are 5th gen owners/enthusiasts.

KaBoom1701 06-05-2018 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I moved on to collecting arcade games....

Still track race now and then.....

Training the next gen track racer..

Pi kappa alpha 06-06-2018 01:30 PM

The people with character left the forum or got tired of the constant attitude by the mods and admin. Bowtiebelle, Austin James, etc.

snarky 06-06-2018 02:35 PM

I log on (as I just did) and 90% of the new posts are ads. :mad0260:

Overflow 06-06-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha (Post 10210083)
The people with character left the forum or got tired of the constant attitude by the mods and admin. Bowtiebelle, Austin James, etc.

Sarah (Bowtiebelle) was actually good friends with the mods. Unfortunately, she's no longer with us. I don't want people spreading false rumors about her. She was very active in the Camaro forum, just pursued other ventures when she moved to Florida and didn't have as much time for Camaro5.

RubyCamaro 06-06-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 10205927)
I was just thinking that today... This forum use to be active no matter the time of day. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is kinda sad. Now you just see the same 20 people posting.

I know, right? I used to say any breaking news, I'd see it here first, anything you wanted to know on any topic, you could ask here & get good info quick. Sure miss that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssrs2lt (Post 10207062)
I came in when this place was busy.. It was full of characters good and bad ..Still enjoy it but its very neutral..I think the push a couple years ago to clean up and make it family friendly, kinda made a model for membership..I'm still here but miss the interaction..bat in the trunk thread probably gets killed quickly..maybe I'm wrong

I absolutely Agree. I was heart broken when the great purge happened without even reviewing the threads. I lost many of my best pics that I had no copies of due to a virus corrupting them on my SD card. I was heart broken to see how that squashed the forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 10207241)
My actual club forum has nearly gone completely dormant because of that very thing, I had NEVER been on FB before, and refused to get on it, I actually hate it, but if I want to be able to keep up or know what is going on in my local club, I had to brake down and get on it, it was either that or quit the club!!

Our club forum also had to move to Facebook for the same reason. Then it was stolen & taken over by a _________(censoring myself). I am pretty much out of the club scene now

Ruby.....thank goodness us diehards will still be around.

Yeah, I check in regularly on certain threads & watching for anything new, & still keep up my build thread even though few are around to look. I still can get some good info but much slower.

:word: (see 1st comment)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpiii (Post 10207259)
It is a little sad to see the forum post drop so drastically over the years. I know many still have their 5th Gens too, you can see them at Camarofest. But they just don't care to post, or share or converse on the forum anymore. You can get to know the people a lot more if they continue to share their passion for the cars and the group as a whole.

Here Here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquawkVFR (Post 10207308)
Ok, and well...this person needs to be banned or something just for making us feel old. :cry:

Uh, some of us ARE old. I just retired last week. I was a mental health therapist for kids. I would often look at their dates of birth & think to myself: "My Camaro is older than you & I still think of it as new".

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAD DAB (Post 10208058)
I’m still here too. I’ve met some really cool people on this site. I miss how active it was too. I still buy and sell from time to time. Maybe this post will spark peoples interest again. Cant wait for Camarofest.

I am so happy that the guy who sold me my Camaro told me about this forum. I had a blast, met cool people from all over the country, learned a ton & got super support through some really rough times in my life. Sure miss those times though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift (Post 10208564)

Not able to do much working out now due to back problems. Now that I am retired I hope to find a new way to keep in shape without aggravating my back or knee problems.

There are a lot of folks I miss conversing with. Glad some of you guys are still around!

RIP Bowtie Belle

Pi kappa alpha 06-07-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 10210434)
Sarah (Bowtiebelle) was actually good friends with the mods. Unfortunately, she's no longer with us. I don't want people spreading false rumors about her. She was very active in the Camaro forum, just pursued other ventures when she moved to Florida and didn't have as much time for Camaro5.

Incorrect. The mods would constantly ban her (temporarily) for arguments and whatnot and eventually she moved to a different forum. She was more active there than here in the later years of c5.

edit: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261049

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5900257

I stand by my statement.

AG1LE 06-07-2018 08:08 PM

How many Camaro5 moderators still own 5th gens? Time to hand over the reigns guys.......

krisprz2010camaross 06-07-2018 08:13 PM

I have been feeling the same way. I think a lot of people moved to the camaro 6 forums. When I first joined in 2014 this site was always very active and it’s gotten less these past couple years. Maybe when the 5th gens become classics, traffic will come back to this forum.

Overflow 06-07-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha (Post 10211518)
Incorrect. The mods would constantly ban her (temporarily) for arguments and whatnot and eventually she moved to a different forum. She was more active there than here in the later years of c5.

edit: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261049

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5900257

I stand by my statement.

I was personally close friends with her for years vs someone that only knew her on a forum... what do I know? :clap2:

She is pushed the envelope on the rules many times. She never once left Camaro5 until she persued other ventures.

I’m sure mods can comment here and say that even after she stopped posting, she still regularly talked to forum members and the moderators.

Pi kappa alpha 06-08-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 10211687)
I was personally close friends with her for years vs someone that only knew her on a forum... what do I know? :clap2:

She is pushed the envelope on the rules many times. She never once left Camaro5 until she persued other ventures.

I’m sure mods can comment here and say that even after she stopped posting, she still regularly talked to forum members and the moderators.

"Hi y'all! I got booted from Camaro5 for reasons that I won't mention. I'm kinda glad, too, 'cause it gets old, tip-toeing around the nazi that runs that place.

Anyway! I'm Sarah, I'm twentysomething and I have an imperial blue RS. I live in Arkansas/Oklahoma (at the border and I bounce between the two).

Good to be here and I hope to make some new friends! http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/im...s/thumbsup.gif"

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/ne...irl-block.html

Strong words for this place eh? Again, she was tired of camaro5 and moved on to other forums. It's as simple as that. I'm sure she did at various times login here to pm friends and post afterwards but the proof is their bud. She DID LEAVE at some point because she was tired of the attitude the mods and admins had at the time as I said in my first post.

p.s. Next time don't call me a liar. I'll wait for my apology.

Lafourche1 06-08-2018 04:34 PM

I am curious as I am a member of Camaro6. However, I am sure enough an old f@art and try to hang out here some each week. I am more active on Camaro6, but still like the folks here.

Ruby, you were parked next to me at the paddock, at NCM Raceway, at last years CamaroFest. I had the 2016 Camaro 2SS with the 6 speed. I hope to see you at NCM again this year.

Moto-Mojo 06-13-2018 09:12 AM

I must have missed the hey day by a couple of years. I still enjoy it for the most part. Hard to believe the 5th Gen is nine model years old and...the 6th is 4!

Moto-Mojo 06-13-2018 07:41 PM

:frown:Guess I’m living proof of the demise. I posted the above early this morning.

chevy 3 06-13-2018 08:58 PM

I read more than I post. I still come over and look around. Kinda slow.
This is and can be a great site to check out.
I think a few new moderators would be a refresh.

chevy 3 06-14-2018 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 940977

Here I am with my daughter and buddy at cfest 3
And I’m breaking the biggest rule of all rules.
Im touching Ruby’s bad ass car.
And caught in the act.
I do apologize

Seems like yesterday
Ok. A few yesterdays.

cornerspeed92 06-14-2018 08:42 PM

I agree Ruby. I remember you when i was a greenhorn around here. I was just thinking when i was signing in about how boring it is here now.