Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   why are coilovers soo expensive? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185518)

xpanda305x 12-01-2011 07:00 PM

why are coilovers soo expensive?

why -___- hurtinggg hardd!

SSMagna 12-01-2011 10:22 PM

I have the Pfadt drag coilovers and they are worth every penny. I had drop springs before and wow what a difference in traction. They really do a good job and can be adjusted enough for a nice ride on the street. I know it's still a lot of money but it's because they work.

caverman 12-01-2011 10:54 PM

Expensive is all relative I guess.

BC Coilovers are $1,000. That's not too bad for a coilover. Mine have been working great so far.

bajamoon 12-01-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caverman (Post 4106620)
Expensive is all relative I guess.

BC Coilovers are $1,000. That's not too bad for a coilover. Mine have been working great so far.

:word: that is a great price. Can't go wrong

calegarrison 12-02-2011 12:18 AM

good info guys!

PfadtRacing 12-02-2011 11:29 AM

Coilovers are expensive because of the engineering and materials that go into each individual coilover. It's not easy to design a coilover that's flexible enough to meet your users performance and ride quality goals, is built with materials that are both lightweight and durable for years of use, as well as fits and bolts up to your users vehicles without modification. In short, they're more money than drop springs because of the effort and level of expertise required to manufacture them. :drinking:

mws444 12-02-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PfadtRacing (Post 4108315)
Coilovers are expensive because of the engineering and materials that go into each individual coilover. It's not easy to design a coilover that's flexible enough to meet your users performance and ride quality goals, is built with materials that are both lightweight and durable for years of use, as well as fits and bolts up to your users vehicles without modification. In short, they're more money than drop springs because of the effort and level of expertise required to manufacture them. :drinking:

:word:
Also good to remember that you get what you pay for, the good stuff is more expensive because it takes alot to make them that good. Ask around and do your homework before buying, if money is tight get a plan and start with the most bang for the buck mods first then move up towards the coilovers.

Bruce@raymondsperformance 12-03-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mws444 (Post 4110963)
:word:
Also good to remember that you get what you pay for, the good stuff is more expensive because it takes alot to make them that good. Ask around and do your homework before buying, if money is tight get a plan and start with the most bang for the buck mods first then move up towards the coilovers.

:thumbsup: