Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Camaro Hood Stripes Package details (+ IMAGES) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7624)

heavyt100 10-04-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicrockr (Post 146236)
Did anybody notice the light blue color on the Camaro - this reminds me of the Jetstream Blue. Is this the new Blue instead of Imperial Blue? If so, I'll get the light blue color - you can't see the pollen on the car as much with a color like Jetstream Vs. Imperial.

It's called Aqua Blue Metallic and both it and Imperial Blue Metallic will be offered.

2010_5thgen 10-04-2008 09:08 PM

id like to do either a red stripe with the hockey stripes on black or the red racing stripes on black.

flaco106 10-04-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen (Post 146358)
id like to do either a red stripe with the hockey stripes on black or the red racing stripes on black.

For me its the black with red hockey stripes and hood stripe :drool:

Mr. Wyndham 10-04-2008 11:47 PM

1979 Camaro...the stripes are STILL there, with no problems beyond fading. Different materials, possibly...but I can't say I'm super worried about it. (even though I won't be striping my car)

Supermans 10-05-2008 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 146492)
1979 Camaro...the stripes are STILL there, with no problems beyond fading. Different materials, possibly...but I can't say I'm super worried about it. (even though I won't be striping my car)

How often do you wax your 1979 camaro and is it ke[t out of the sun most of the time? Vinyl stripes after so many years get very dry in hot/humid weather like we have in Miami, Florida. Couple that with waxing the car and rubbing around the edges once a week or more and after 5 years or so you will start seeing fading and or cracking if not both. The same goes with soft top convertible tops. They fade after years of being in the sun.. I will not be ordering with vinyl stripes and I will see who can do the best job painting in black or grey ones. WIth a clearcoat on top of the layer of paint, I wonder how that works? Do they have to strip the clearcoat down and sand the area the needs to be painted before applying the paint and then re-applying the clearcoat? Just curious..

Txturbo 10-05-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackZbandit (Post 146256)
Matte Black?

yes....

Txturbo 10-05-2008 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 146569)
How often do you wax your 1979 camaro and is it ke[t out of the sun most of the time? Vinyl stripes after so many years get very dry in hot/humid weather like we have in Miami, Florida. Couple that with waxing the car and rubbing around the edges once a week or more and after 5 years or so you will start seeing fading and or cracking if not both. The same goes with soft top convertible tops. They fade after years of being in the sun.. I will not be ordering with vinyl stripes and I will see who can do the best job painting in black or grey ones. WIth a clearcoat on top of the layer of paint, I wonder how that works? Do they have to strip the clearcoat down and sand the area the needs to be painted before applying the paint and then re-applying the clearcoat? Just curious..

They can paint them over the factory clear coat and the clear over them. Of course you could also clear over the vinyl to.

playhard67 10-05-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldFire (Post 146087)
So this is probably a stupid question, but just to verify, the rally stripes are the dual stripes that are both on the hood and the back of the car right?

yes

RetroDude 10-05-2008 10:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
On my current vehicle I have gold rally strips which go from the front of the hood ... over the roof .. and down the truck. They were put on back in 2000 and even though the car has mainly been stored in the garage, I noticed fading beginning about 4 years ago. This year, the 8th year for these vinyl decals, I've started to notice cracking and am now in the process of having them replace with new ones. Problem being is that it is very time consumming to do so and also, the paint underneath no longer matches the rest of the panels due to the fact that it has never been exposed to sun.

My bet for the camaro is to wait until the dealers start getting models for the showroon then have the body shop manager, a friend of mine, quote on what it would be to do the single stripe on the hood and trunk in silver metallic and leave it like that without the hockey stripes on the side. I'm guessing, but I think it sould come in around the $500 - $600 Canadian range. Hey, if this allows me to ge 20 years out of it, ... I think it would be well worth the expense! :w00t:

Yeahyouknwit 10-05-2008 10:16 AM

I have Painted on stripes on my stang and after 6 years there still is no fading what so ever. I am ordering a Black ss and then getting stripes painted on. It is well worth the money!

69er 10-05-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 146569)
Vinyl stripes after so many years get very dry in hot/humid weather like we have in Miami, Florida.

I would think it would be worse here in the Desert Southwest. My hood scoop decals on my 83 Z didn't last long at all. I eventually had the dealer paint them. I believe they did it for free, so they could have deteriorated within the 1 year warranty period! But this is probably comparing apples to oranges. Who knows what the difference in materials are today. Better, I would suspect.

z28camaross 10-05-2008 10:48 AM

the camaro is going to be my everyday driver so i will expect nic's and scratches here and there unfortunatly but down the line when i decide to get a truck prob a last gen silverado ss or lightning ill just have the whole car repainted with the stripes same as my dads 68 camaro ss/rshttp://a11.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/...6784d5f602.jpg

TheCaptain 10-05-2008 11:23 AM

Some nice silver rally stripes for myself!

MEENGREENGTP 10-05-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVThis (Post 145773)
In my opinion, painting them on would be the way to go. More money, but would look 100% better. Trying to wax or polish around the vinyl would be a real pain.

what happens if u get a little wax on them? (i've never had any decals on any of my cars like this so im just wondering)

[Inferno Orange (with inferno interior package) with cyber gray hockey stripes]....and some american racing 22" wheels:D