Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Camaro Hood Stripes Package details (+ IMAGES) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7624)

GameOver620 10-05-2008 06:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
what kind of spoiler is in this pic?

maybe i will go with this color option on the bottom

Hylton 10-05-2008 06:49 PM

The spoiler on Bumblebee is the Duck Bill and it will be available over the counter as a direct bolt on.

JJ#48Racing 10-06-2008 07:28 AM

I put vinyl stripes on my 98 SS and they lasted for 7yrs before I started to see fading. The car is garaged and covered most of the time. I never had any problems with waxing. They looked painted on until you got about 5ft away. I just recently had the vinyl removed and had them painted. Looks 100% better, but costly.

JohnnyCamaro 10-06-2008 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kashtrey (Post 145848)
Does anyone think it will be possible to get the Rally Stripes and Hockey Stripes together? I kind of see it being possible, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they will force you to buy both packages and just not use the Hood Stripe. I really like the Hockey Stripes but I'm not a fan of the hood stripe and would much rather have the Rally on my hood.

This is JohnnyCamaro AKA John Cox from GM Accessories, You will be able to purchase the Rally Stripes and also get Hockey Stripes without the Hood and Rear Decklid piece if that is what you desire.

JohnnyCamaro 10-06-2008 08:28 AM

GM Accessory Offerings for Stripes....

This is JohnnyCamaro-AKA John Cox from GM Accessories and I wanted everyone to know what exact colors we will be offering for the stripe packages.

For the Rally Stripes we have:
Black
Orange
Silver
Cyber Gray
White

For the Hood and Hockey Stripe Package (includes decklid as well)
Black
Gray
White

All of the above will be available as an RPO code on the initial dealer order guide and on the window sticker or as an over the counter GM Accessory for after the purchase of the vehicle.

For those who only want Hockey Stripes and not the hood and decklid piece they will be available as an over the counter accessory to purchase as well.

I hope this helps everyone in their decision of how to personalize their Camaros. Its almost here!!!

Sizzox 10-06-2008 08:35 AM

Thanks for clearing that up for us John. Thats some good offical news.

flaco106 10-06-2008 09:09 AM

are those the only colors period? or are they going to offer any form of red? that would be a let down imo if they dont...guess i will just have to find a good painter then:yikes:

Txturbo 10-06-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaco106 (Post 147181)
are those the only colors period? or are they going to offer any form of red? that would be a let down imo if they dont...guess i will just have to find a good painter then:yikes:

I can make them in any color for you.

headpunter 10-06-2008 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaco106 (Post 147181)

:readthethread:there will be red...

Chewy 10-06-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyCamaro (Post 147173)
This is JohnnyCamaro-AKA John Cox from GM Accessories and I wanted everyone to know what exact colors we will be offering for the stripe packages.

Black
Orange
Silver
Cyber Gray
White

Black
Gray
White

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 147184)
:readthethread:there will be red...

:iono: confused....

JohnnyCamaro 10-06-2008 09:45 AM

JohnnyCamaro AKA John Cox from GM Accessories;

GM Accessories will not be offering Red as an available color at the launch of the Camaro. The list I have posted above includes all the available colors.

headpunter 10-06-2008 09:50 AM

I AM RETARDED, reading these threads 1st thing in the morning before i have any coffee is officially a bad idea. i apologize i missed that post.

now i need to know why no red?

glazr69 10-06-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txturbo (Post 147183)
I can make them in any color for you.

could you explain, please?

rolnslo 10-06-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyCamaro (Post 147173)

Black
Orange
Silver
Cyber Gray
White

Black
Gray
White

All of the above will be available as an RPO code on the initial dealer order guide and on the window sticker or as an over the counter GM Accessory for after the purchase of the vehicle.

For those who only want Hockey Stripes and not the hood and decklid piece they will be available as an over the counter accessory to purchase as well.

I hope this helps everyone in their decision of how to personalize their Camaros. Its almost here!!!

Ok, so just to clarify, the Rally Stripe package is just the hood only, no rear deck lid?