Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Camaro Hood Stripes Package details (+ IMAGES) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7624)

JohnnyCamaro 10-06-2008 10:21 AM

JohnnyCamaro-AKA John Cox from GM Accessories:

Rally Stripes are decklid as well, I just wanted to point out that the hood and hockey stripes had a decklid piece as well.
As for why no red, we are constantly monitoring demand but Decals have shelf lifes and we had to ensure that the demand would ensure that the stripes are purchased in a timely manner. We felt like we had a 8 unique offerings and that we offered the main offerings people desired.

Just to clarify, the comments and beliefs I make are those of myself and not of the company I represent.

ljustin293 10-06-2008 10:36 AM

ok..I have a few questions...what is the best way to keep the vinyl clean...do they make anything to help keep its color??? and I also read where you could put a clear coat over the vinyl...is this a good idea??

NVMY68SS 10-06-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyCamaro (Post 147215)

Hey John,

Thanks for your posts. I was wondering how to get in touch with you after Indy with questions and updates. I appreciate all the time you and the rest of the team took during and after your presentation and I look forward to your future posts down the road.

Question.

Will the blade spoiler make it into Wave 1? And if not, have you got an approximate timeframe on when it will be available?

Also, when might we start seeing more actual images of the accessories and options in the catalog?

Thanks,
Nelson

SimC33 10-06-2008 11:09 AM

^^^^ I to would like to know when we may see more of the actual images of the options catalog. I'm ordering in one week! LOL any way of getting just a few pics?

RetroDude 10-06-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyCamaro (Post 147215)

Rally Stripes are decklid as well, I just wanted to point out that the hood and hockey stripes had a decklid piece as well.
As for why no red, we are constantly monitoring demand but Decals have shelf lifes and we had to ensure that the demand would ensure that the stripes are purchased in a timely manner. We felt like we had a 8 unique offerings and that we offered the main offerings people desired.

Just to clarify, the comments and beliefs I make are those of myself and not of the company I represent.

Hi John,

Was there any reason why the colour Silver was not chosen for the Hockey Strip package as well? I was thinking of Imperial Blue, but really wanted silver, not Cyber Grey or Black stripes as to me, they would appear too dark and white would be too clean if you know what I mean.

Design1stCode2nd 10-06-2008 11:54 AM

Never had stripes on a car before. How durable are they? I'd be worried that they would begin to come off after several washings. Or maybe when you have alot of ice and salt.

GMRULZ 10-06-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyCamaro (Post 147173)
This is JohnnyCamaro-AKA John Cox from GM Accessories and I wanted everyone to know what exact colors we will be offering for the stripe packages.

For the Rally Stripes we have:
Silver

I plan on getting the silver Rally Stripes for my Red Jewel SS. I was wondering if the Rally Stripes will have the pinstripe outline ala the Bumblebee stripe style?

Thanks!

headpunter 10-06-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMRULZ (Post 147293)
I plan on getting the silver Rally Stripes for my Red Jewel SS. I was wondering if the Rally Stripes will have the pinstripe outline ala the Bumblebee stripe style?

Thanks!

the outline stripe is shown on the production intent slide at the beginning of the thread

GMRULZ 10-06-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 147300)
the outline stripe is shown on the production intent slide at the beginning of the thread

I need glasses. I missed the tiny gap in the pic..Lol..Thanks for the response Headpunter.

headpunter 10-06-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMRULZ (Post 147306)
I need glasses. I missed the tiny gap in the pic..Lol..Thanks for the response Headpunter.

hopefully that makes up for my gaff earlier....reading forums before i have coffee and a shower is ok, but posting is not so bueno....

Hylton 10-06-2008 12:52 PM

I am glad John mentioned that all these stripe packages each have their own RPO number. As a collector, we are always looking at how rare stripe and color combos are and this will help.

Cars with stripe packages ordered when the car was ordered (on the buildsheet) will be more desireable than the same car which had it's stripe package ordered over the counter.

headpunter 10-06-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 147325)
I am glad John mentioned that all these stripe packages each have their own RPO number. As a collector, we are always looking at how rare stripe and color combos are and this will help.

Cars with stripe packages ordered when the car was ordered (on the buildsheet) will be more desireable than the same car which had it's stripe package ordered over the counter.

sweet so my black stripes will actually make it worth more.

Hylton 10-06-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 147326)
sweet so my black stripes will actually make it worth more.

I would say more desireable anyway. As the cars become collectible, people will look for cars with specific color combinations. The nicest looking combinations will become the most desireable and thus may be able to command a higher resale value.

If I was looking at a used 'black stripe on red' colored Camaro, I would first read the RPO sticker to make sure the option was on the sticker. Dealer installed options do not have the same credibility in the collector car world.

For example, a black '69 Z/28 will command a 5 grand premium over any other colored '69 Z/28.

Hylton 10-06-2008 01:09 PM

Another thing I like is that with so many different stripe and paint color combinations, we should see quite a few ' 1 of 5' color combo cars. Unfortunately Punter, I have a feeling your color is not going to be one of them. Mostly because it is so nice that as soon as you drive it around town, people will want a car that looks just like it!

I might come up with a stripe color combo late in the year and stick the car in the garage until you can't get that combination anymore. I don't want to see myself coming and going. I can always do something like getting white stripes on a white car or red stripes on a red car. Then you can get crazy and put red stripes on a blue car or orange stripes on a red car.....