Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SEMA Camaro: Camaro BLACK (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9271)

Angrybird 12 11-06-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen (Post 183130)
Are you kidding me? It looks amazing. Better on the black than on the red.

No kidding, looks like someone wrecked it and just got a mismatched hood from a junkyard...talk about redneck jokes... YUK

toesuf94 11-06-2008 10:54 AM

Seriously: In Picture 5, does anyone else feel that the damned car is looking THROUGH you? That is one SERIOUSLY BAD A$$ LOOKING CAR!

I seriously want that car!!!! I have been waiting to order a blue one...but suddenly I want BLACK!

silky 11-06-2008 11:11 AM

It looks like the Fuel Door is on the side. I thought the Chrome Fuel door was up on the back fender. ?????

2010_5thgen 11-06-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtahvit (Post 183221)
I'm betting they've just had those wheels chromed with a darker tint. I'm not sure what that proces is.

I've been tryin so hard to like these wheels. They almost had me with this black car...

But, I just don't like em. :iono:

yeah i was doing some research and i found this new kind of plating called black chrome and it gives it a chrome shiny look but dark like a black almost. i bet they had some kind of darker plating on the polished wheels.
i was hesitant at first but after seeing them on this car, this is almost exactly what i want. the only thing its missing is the ss!

Evilkosh99 11-06-2008 12:31 PM

Could be the plating -- just strange that they would put the black coated on the GMPP website. I think I am going to put the 21s on the yellow car on my black ss rs

eltati 11-06-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silky (Post 183332)
It looks like the Fuel Door is on the side. I thought the Chrome Fuel door was up on the back fender. ?????

Thats because all the camaros you have seen with the crome fuel door where the concep and not the production one.:thumbsup:

GTAHVIT 11-06-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eltati (Post 183540)
Thats because all the camaros you have seen with the crome fuel door where the concep and not the production one.:thumbsup:

You are blessed with wisdom beyond your "Junior Memberness"...

:D

Well done!

:thumbsup:

eltati 11-06-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtahvit (Post 183571)
You are blessed with wisdom beyond your "Junior Memberness"...

:D

Well done!

:thumbsup:

Thanks!!!:respekt:

2010_5thgen 11-06-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilkosh99 (Post 183436)
Could be the plating -- just strange that they would put the black coated on the GMPP website. I think I am going to put the 21s on the yellow car on my black ss rs

thats what i have been debating. what i think i want to do is get the 21"polished and have it painted with a coat of black paint. somehow to make it look like the black camaro. im sure there is a translucent black paint that someone makes or can do to these wheels. that has to be what they did, because if you look atthe rear exhaust tip also, it is not as bright chrome as the other kits. like on dale jr's.

Evilkosh99 11-06-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen (Post 183606)
thats what i have been debating. what i think i want to do is get the 21"polished and have it painted with a coat of black paint. somehow to make it look like the black camaro. im sure there is a translucent black paint that someone makes or can do to these wheels. that has to be what they did, because if you look atthe rear exhaust tip also, it is not as bright chrome as the other kits. like on dale jr's.

I would try to get a good description from someone that actually saw the wheels though, as the lighting and camera flash can really be quite deceiving.

2010_5thgen 11-06-2008 04:17 PM

i have been trying to find out from someone there but the only thing i got so far was pictures that i posted. i got a few from different angles and i have the picture from the yellow one with the same wheels but its alot brighter of a finish.

mlevere1992 11-06-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEENGREENGTP (Post 182641)
soo i thought this was a 6 cyl?? and it has a ss steering wheel badge (toward the bottom) but not an ss facia? or am i wrong? im just wondering??!

Are you sure that it doesn't say RS instead of SS on the steering wheel badge? I was sure that this had the RS appearance package installed.

Evotion 11-06-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlevere1992 (Post 183890)
Are you sure that it doesn't say RS instead of SS on the steering wheel badge? I was sure that this had the RS appearance package installed.

Pretty sure it is SS... Headpunter can correct me if I'm wrong (usually does ;)), but I believe the RS gets no badging anywhere on the interior.

heaz 11-06-2008 09:38 PM

how much would this cost?