Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Camaro Hood Stripes Package details (+ IMAGES) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7624)

Scooter 10-04-2008 04:01 AM

Very cool, going with the Rally stripe package!!!

Camaroman_99 10-04-2008 06:41 AM

Stripes.... Yea:cool: I definitely want rally stripes! Choices,choices!
What stripes would look good with cyber grey? Black ... red maybe?

patriotpa 10-04-2008 06:47 AM

How many years before those plastic stripes crack and peel? No thanks. The dealer installed pinstriped on my '02 Silverado are cracking and falling off. I need to strip them off. While they might look cool, they're temporary. I plan on keeping my car for as long as I possibly can.

carfansince73 10-04-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 145737)

Nice find!! I hope that guy regularly checks that thing for fleas and ticks. :laugh:

I was thinking more like Elvis I think, or at least around that time. It was before my time thank goodness.

As for the stripes being vinyl, what are pinstripes made from? Those seem to last okay, and this car is going to be garaged all the time. If they don't cost too much I will probably get them, and by the time they wear out, I might be ready for new paint or at least a wetsand/buff.

The Great KJ 10-04-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfansince73 (Post 145956)
Nice find!! I hope that guy regularly checks that thing for fleas and ticks. :laugh:

I was thinking more like Elvis I think, or at least around that time. It was before my time thank goodness.

As for the stripes being vinyl, what are pinstripes made from? Those seem to last okay, and this car is going to be garaged all the time. If they don't cost too much I will probably get them, and by the time they wear out, I might be ready for new paint or at least a wetsand/buff.

Now button that jacket, You're all worthless and weak! Now drop and give me twenty!

mikey92 10-04-2008 10:05 AM

has anyone wondered how much it will cost to have the different stripes in stalled?

Alamo 10-04-2008 10:34 AM

I love the look of the stripes, but I hate the vinyl...anyone have a good paint shop in LA they'd recommend for this kind of thing?

bret03 10-04-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patriotpa (Post 145948)
How many years before those plastic stripes crack and peel? No thanks. The dealer installed pinstriped on my '02 Silverado are cracking and falling off. I need to strip them off. While they might look cool, they're temporary. I plan on keeping my car for as long as I possibly can.

My 97 anniversary car has the orange vinyl stripes and they were perfect for about 9 years, now they have a few small problems on the edges. I figure if I have my new camaro for 10 years maybe I'll want to change up the style of stripes I'm using by that time anyway. Stripes should only run a few hundred bucks (aftermarket at least)

flaco106 10-04-2008 12:24 PM

thanks headpunter and all those who have helped with the many questions posted lately...dont listen to those retarded dealers out there who say "cant order the camaro until next year" thanks again headpunter

GoldFire 10-04-2008 01:19 PM

So this is probably a stupid question, but just to verify, the rally stripes are the dual stripes that are both on the hood and the back of the car right?

djm96z28 10-04-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patriotpa (Post 145948)

^Agreed. After a couple years of keeping the car waxed/polished, those edges are going to start peeling. If they're not painted on, then no stripes for me.

drivingincamaro 10-04-2008 05:26 PM

wow the black and orange stiripes :drool:

classicrockr 10-04-2008 06:24 PM

Did anybody notice the light blue color on the Camaro - this reminds me of the Jetstream Blue. Is this the new Blue instead of Imperial Blue? If so, I'll get the light blue color - you can't see the pollen on the car as much with a color like Jetstream Vs. Imperial.

blackZbandit 10-04-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txturbo (Post 145627)
I will be making my own. I can also make any kind of stripe in any color anybody wants.

Matte Black?