Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   VanquisherSS Build [COTW 1/7/13] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190598)

VanquisherSS 04-20-2012 03:56 PM

Hey so update picked up the car today!! Man it sounds wicked and the guys down at ECS have done yet another great job. I can't say enough about the group of guys down there. Really go above and beyond for you. Thanks for the axle Matt :)

It was interesting driving home, car is a whole new animal now! Love how it rocks the whole car at a light.

I ended up putting down 467/457. Talking with matt my baseline was done in the winter so even though the dyno corrects it probably had something to do with my strong baseline. We will say the shorties/high flow cats probably were really somewhere around 405-410rwhp. A set of long tubes and I'll probably be up another 20whp+. I'm extremely happy looking at the graph that I lost no power down low at all and only made more over most of the rpm range! Overall car drives excellent, no surging down low was doing 65 in 6th on the highway 1500rpm! :chevy:

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...0_152532-1.jpg

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...420_152245.jpg

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...420_152345.jpg

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...420_152358.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbOPs...layer_embedded

:bow::confused0068::drinking::headbang:

Dznts 04-20-2012 04:14 PM

:headbang::bow:. looks sick man..!

Jmack25 04-21-2012 03:40 PM

Beast Mode! :headbang:

VanquisherSS 04-22-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmack25 (Post 4843159)
Beast Mode! :headbang:

:headbang: Most Definitely! Scares most people at red lights lol :laugh:

VanquisherSS 04-22-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dznts (Post 4838769)
:headbang::bow:. looks sick man..!

Thanks! :D

VanquisherSS 05-02-2012 01:23 PM

Headers Arrived Today, :thumbup:. Should be getting my MGW Shifter with Black Ball Shift Knob with Orange Stripes Soon.

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...502_134921.jpg

VanquisherSS 05-04-2012 04:42 PM

Order is in for new rims, Nessen Forged 5.3's 22x9 Fronts, 22x11 Rears. Same setup as my current 360s, gloss black lip, matte black centers.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6154/6...ca46905e_b.jpg

VanquisherSS 05-04-2012 09:14 PM

Went to my first car show tonight, Took home a trophy! :happyanim:

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...504_214440.jpg

Padre 05-04-2012 09:24 PM

Nice build! :cool:

I look forward to seeing how you do going from ST to LT. :popcorn:

Padre

VanquisherSS 05-04-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padre (Post 4913977)
Nice build! :cool:

I look forward to seeing how you do going from ST to LT. :popcorn:

Padre


Thanks Padre! It should be interesting I'm thinking at least 20whp/tq. :cool:

Are you thinking of doing the switch too?

Padre 05-04-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanquisherSS (Post 4914157)
Thanks Padre! It should be interesting I'm thinking at least 20whp/tq. :cool:

Are you thinking of doing the switch too?

I've always considered it, but was told to expect maybe 10hp.

Which is why your build can offer some valuable info. :)

A suggestion: dyno all things the same to compare. IOW, put the new rims on after. :thumbsup:

Padre

VanquisherSS 05-04-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padre (Post 4914182)
I've always considered it, but was told to expect maybe 10hp.

Which is why your build can offer some valuable info. :)

A suggestion: dyno all things the same to compare. IOW, put the new rims on after. :thumbsup:

Padre

Yeah i'm thinking much more than 10, I have seen countless packages with my mods from ECS and they are all at least 480+whp. Yeah I plan to do that but I might not even get down to ECS now as I realize I have a gash in my sidewall of one of my rears. Its near impossible to find a 305/30/22 pzero locally.

Padre 05-04-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanquisherSS (Post 4914240)
Yeah i'm thinking much more than 10, I have seen countless packages with my mods from ECS and they are all at least 480+whp. Yeah I plan to do that but I might not even get down to ECS now as I realize I have a gash in my sidewall of one of my rears. Its near impossible to find a 305/30/22 pzero locally.

I'm wondering if you didn't hit 480 because of your 22's? :iono:

Either way, it just means you'll have that much more power available if you put on lighter rims. :thumbsup:

Padre

VanquisherSS 05-04-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padre (Post 4914299)
I'm wondering if you didn't hit 480 because of your 22's? :iono:

Either way, it just means you'll have that much more power available if you put on lighter rims. :thumbsup:

Padre

I didn't dyno with my wheels on. The dynapack dyno hooks right up. My current 360s are pretty light


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.