Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   My official departure to the ZL1 brotherhood (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345396)

bumblebeecamaro 03-02-2014 10:10 PM

My official departure to the ZL1 brotherhood

I've been realizing for quite some time that me owning such a high end car like my ZL1 wasn't (cost) practical mainly being since I barely put 3K miles on him in one year. The car sat a lot mainly because I was always worried about some idiot hitting the car in a parking lot or worse someone driving stupid and wrecking in to my $60K vehicle. The high stress levels of constantly keeping the car in pristine cosmetic appearance was something I couldn't deal with anymore.

So I decided it was time to do some major downsizing and I bought myself a little Mini Cooper S which is actually pretty fun to drive. Yes, I do realize the car barely has 1/3 the HP that my ZL1 had but it's actually pretty impressive on the street. The getty-up-n-go surprised the heck out of me. I'm more than pleased with the car and I feel like my wallet has gotten this huge burden unloaded as well.

I still plan on hanging out on the C5 forum but mainly in the car washing section. I met some very nice members in this section of the forum and I'm thankful for that. :)

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/8004/91wa.jpg

jessrayo 03-02-2014 10:23 PM

Sorry for your loss dude.... but for a practical car you did pretty well. The mini's are very fun.

gen=5 03-02-2014 10:32 PM

So I guess you traded it in,on the mini...Remember how much of a Buzz was made about them when they first came out...The wait list was huge..Well enjoy it...

BAD ZL1 03-02-2014 10:35 PM

I dont get it?

Garrett Custom 03-02-2014 10:39 PM

Enjoy the mini they are fun to drive

SamHouseIII 03-02-2014 10:56 PM

congrats on your new endeavor, good luck and glad you plan to hang around still.

Sven59 03-02-2014 11:37 PM

Sorry for your loss, but your continued presence is very welcome! Always a brother.

BPG 03-02-2014 11:45 PM

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps18cff094.jpg

;)
That sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do...

Todd in Vancouver 03-02-2014 11:59 PM

Owning a very nice car can be a stressful endeavour. People might think I'm crazy for it but I drive my ZL everyday in sun, rain, snow or blizzard. It's my DD and not only that it's my work vehicle so it operates as my mobile office. I do business consulting and only keep my cars for 36 months so I get every second of enjoyment out of it that I can.

It kind of saddens me that you owned such an incredible car but that the stress of it took away from the pure joy that is the ZL. I hope you get lots of enjoyment from your Cooper and I've seen them at the Autocross and they do very well. Life is much to short to not enjoy every minute possible so good luck with your new car.

ZL1 Spoked 03-03-2014 12:22 AM

So you traded the car because you were afraid it would get messed up and you'd lose value? looool

lbls1 03-03-2014 12:38 AM

Congrats on your purchase. I can identify with some of your concerns as I've had similar feelings about my current cars. Some things that have allowed me to enjoy preserving the look of my signature cars were having a dd, and keeping the main cars in a garage. By no means should one over protect a car, but when you have your good car outside then you should use your judgment and watch your surroundings.

Good luck, and maybe if you change your mind you may find yourself in a ZL once again. It would be a shame to lose an ownership opportunity just due to worries about potential damage.

OldScoolCamaro 03-03-2014 01:16 AM

Sayonara! I feel your pain brother....every month. Best to you!

bumblebeecamaro 03-03-2014 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAD ZL1 (Post 7464581)
I dont get it?

what's there not to get? I traded in a huge stress factor in my life because I was obsessed about keeping it spotless and in a safe condition. $60K doesn't come easy to me so the fear of something happening to such a high end vehicle got the best of me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sven59 (Post 7464669)
Sorry for your loss, but your continued presence is very welcome! Always a brother.

thanks man. I will miss the awesome power that my ZL1 had but I won't miss the stress of owning such a high end car and my wallet won't miss the hefty monthly payment. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked (Post 7464732)
So you traded the car because you were afraid it would get messed up and you'd lose value? looool

read my first post again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbls1 (Post 7464753)
Congrats on your purchase. I can identify with some of your concerns as I've had similar feelings about my current cars. Some things that have allowed me to enjoy preserving the look of my signature cars were having a dd, and keeping the main cars in a garage. By no means should one over protect a car, but when you have your good car outside then you should use your judgment and watch your surroundings.

Good luck, and maybe if you change your mind you may find yourself in a ZL once again. It would be a shame to lose an ownership opportunity just due to worries about potential damage.

I will have another high end car one day. just now isn't the time. I decided to buy something very practical and affordable so I can begin to stash some $$$ for a few years.

OldScoolCamaro 03-03-2014 02:03 AM

...and now, for the swan song...play "My Way" by Frank Sinatra....