Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Street Outlaws? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301287)

E.T. 06-11-2013 10:09 AM

Street Outlaws?

Anyone see this show last night? I guess it's new or something. I just saw the beginning, but some of those cars were putting down some crazy power. Seems kind of irresponsible to put a show about illegal street racing on TV, though.:der:

Silverlsinva 06-11-2013 01:29 PM

I saw it too and thought about creating a thread about it here but since it is illegal street racing I wasn't sure if the mods would approve. Oh and their claim the fast streetcars in America is annoying cause they aren't driving their cars all the time and they come on trailers as well so to me that isn't a streetcar. But the cars seem fast I will say so props to them for spending most of their money to risk it all when the cops.

E.T. 06-11-2013 01:49 PM

Yeah, I googled this and came across a thread on the LS1 site and a few others. People seemed to be saying the same thing i.e. they're just taking drag cars and racing them on the street. Seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. Why not just keep it at the track and make a show about that. It could still be a reality show, but maybe wouldn't draw the same ratings?

I wasn't sure if it'd be an OK topic for C5, but figured since we're talking about a TV show and not ourselves in actual street races, it'd wouldn't be against the rules. Moderators, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

ron10 06-11-2013 01:59 PM

guess they don't have any drag strips in oklahoma.they do run for serious money.

okyankee 06-11-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron10 (Post 6657560)
guess they don't have any drag strips in oklahoma.they do run for serious money.

we have one called thunder valley. not sure why my fellow okies don't use it. I work two minutes or less from the chuck guy that has the white mustang and big mouth. haha

tc Bosnian 06-11-2013 08:39 PM

I loved the cars but show its self sucked! Staged.

Supercharged SS 06-11-2013 08:41 PM

Those cars were hacked together and slow. The fact that they kept saying the countries fastest street cars is a joke.

Firerader 06-11-2013 08:47 PM

I have known one of these guys for years. Only a couple of the cars are trailor queens. I promise it's not staged.

okyankee 06-11-2013 10:05 PM

the opening race scene said something like undisclosed public road. the yellow and black center I have only seen on a airport tarmac. then later, they are at a tarmac. bad editing or staged show? either way its cool to see the local stuff on tv.

MikeSVX 06-12-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.T. (Post 6657517)
Yeah, I googled this and came across a thread on the LS1 site and a few others. People seemed to be saying the same thing i.e. they're just taking drag cars and racing them on the street. Seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. Why not just keep it at the track and make a show about that. It could still be a reality show, but maybe wouldn't draw the same ratings?

I wasn't sure if it'd be an OK topic for C5, but figured since we're talking about a TV show and not ourselves in actual street races, it'd wouldn't be against the rules. Moderators, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

They did. It was called "Pinks". lol

DuskSS 06-12-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.T. (Post 6656615)
Anyone see this show last night? I guess it's new or something. I just saw the beginning, but some of those cars were putting down some crazy power. Seems kind of irresponsible to put a show about illegal street racing on TV, though.:der:

garbage TV glorifying asshats that are too stupid to go to the track.

Can't believe someone at Discovery would sign off on this.

That idiot with the mustang flat said his family goes hungry and the roof over their head goes in jeopardy to fund his car..
his car comes first? WTF why would you put tools like this on TV..
gives ALL of us car guys a bad name.

PHXLT1 06-12-2013 09:51 PM

You there's a word for someone doing something illegal and putting it on video.......its called evidence!

2Carats 06-12-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okyankee (Post 6659568)
the opening race scene said something like undisclosed public road. the yellow and black center I have only seen on a airport tarmac. then later, they are at a tarmac. bad editing or staged show? either way its cool to see the local stuff on tv.

I caught this today, and um yeah! What public road is gonna have all that dayum lighting when you are street racing? And it was evident it was an airport tarmac. Some of the cars were nice... but this show should have been on TrueTV with the other staged shows IMO.

Mind controlled by Cerebro

DuskSS 06-13-2013 09:01 AM

if you watched the guy in charge flat said they were getting to use a taxiway with permission.

Not fake and thats the problem I personally have with it.
99% of the time these guys are on the streets.
These guys are well known and real and not actors.

My problem is the street racing.. and the fact that they keep claiming these are the fastest cars on the street anywhere..

The fact that none of these cars except farmtruck is even semi street legal and they are all flat trailer queen race cars yet they still think they are street cars.

8 second 100% complete and functional interior and tagged/registered cars on the strip get my respect.. these assclowns dragging gutted race cars on the street do not.