Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who has the worst road conditions? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523873)

hesster 03-21-2018 06:29 AM

Who has the worst road conditions?

2 Attachment(s)
Here in Michigan our roads are an absolute debacle, and the worst I can remember in so many years, esp in the Metro areas around Detroit where I live. There is NO way, and I mean NOOO way, I can consider driving my car in the early spring time without a high risk of bending a expensive rim until they at least patch the roads. Our Politicians can't even pass a fart in a cabbage eating contest let alone have a plan to really fix our roads, and the answer is always raise tax's. Considering slapping my stock tires and rims back on until they at least do some patching, but what a hassle. Anyone else have similar conditions, and have destroyed their rims? Join the rant if you want and throw out some pics.

gm2376 03-21-2018 07:15 AM

The Michigan road fix......throw a pile of asphalt in a 3 foot diameter hole.....don't tamp it down....let cars run over it until it dissolves....rinse, wash, repeat.

Matt8892(2) 03-21-2018 07:17 AM

This time of year in jersey, especially cause of the foot and a half of snow today, the ol Saturn is on snow duty and bad road duty. If I even attempt to take the camaro out now, I need to be stupid careful. Even when they start patching roads the tar gets everywhere. It’s best for me to just leave the camaro tucked into the driveway for another few weeks if I can.

gm2376 03-21-2018 07:17 AM

the funny thing is as soon as I saw the thread title....I knew it would be Metro Detroit!

taf21979 03-21-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm2376 (Post 10116464)
the funny thing is as soon as I saw the thread title....I knew it would be Metro Detroit!

My first thoughts also

saluki 03-21-2018 08:40 AM

Indiana ****ing sucks right now. I am just waiting on getting pulled over for a DUI while sober.

ZED SLED 03-21-2018 08:42 AM

I lived in metro Detroit for 10 years. The roads there are awesome compared to upstate NY. I have to swerve to miss potholes so much I look like a drunk on the way to the liquor store to get another bottle.

gm2376 03-21-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZED SLED (Post 10116580)
I lived in metro Detroit for 10 years. The roads there are awesome compared to upstate NY. I have to swerve to miss potholes so much I look like a drunk on the way to the liquor store to get another bottle.

come back and visit...every road is like driving on the moon.....Michigan has the highest insurance claim rate for pothole damage in the US.

UBB 03-21-2018 08:55 AM

Have a glass of tap water and relax!! :P

Moto-Mojo 03-21-2018 09:07 AM

I know MI is bad but CA pays upwards of 0.60 a gallon of gas tax ostensibly for road repair. And probably a buck higher per gallon than the national average. BS. It goes somewhere else because it damn sure ain’t fixing roads. Many of our roads have to be a close second to MI.

Welker2 03-21-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo (Post 10116620)
I know MI is bad but CA pays upwards of 0.60 a gallon of gas tax ostensibly for road repair. And probably a buck higher per gallon than the national average. BS. It goes somewhere else because it damn sure ain’t fixing roads. Many of our roads have to be a close second to MI.

Agree 100%. I live in Nevada, which has some great roads, and have traveled throughout the West & South West (California, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, just to mention a few of the states I've traveled through). IMO, the worst roads out this way are in California; pot holes, ruts and uneven paved roads and this is just on the interstates and highways.

GatorGreg 03-21-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hesster (Post 10116433)
Who has the worst road conditions?

Sorry to hear about your awful roads. If you want to experience some of the best road conditions check out the roads on Disney World property - it's freaking amazing how smooth a for profit corporation with billions of dollars keeps its roads - you could practically run an F1 or MotoGP race on them. Here's a couple vids I made on my motorcycle last year where you can see them (I use the words twisties, tunnels, and mountain loosely :lol: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz_Q_QMsUSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuJKVAtrCh4

ZED SLED 03-21-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm2376 (Post 10116601)
come back and visit...every road is like driving on the moon.....Michigan has the highest insurance claim rate for pothole damage in the US.

Now from my experience I would attribute that to all the dirt roads. I lived in Brandon Township in northern Oakland Co. and those roads would detach your retinas. My best memory of MI dirt roads was when I first moved there and come upon a stop light on a dirt road, lol.

Stormcloak 03-21-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZED SLED (Post 10116580)

I'm east of you in NY, I dunno... we have bad roads in the metro areas, but also have plenty of farmland twisty's that are smooth and amazing (and devoid of traffic).