Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Do the head units have a Subwoofer out? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19079)

Vash 04-18-2009 08:35 PM

Do the head units have a Subwoofer out?

Do the head units have a Subwoofer preamp output?

Figured I would just ask the question and see if anyone knows.

ZZcamaro 04-19-2009 09:36 AM

I do not think so.....But, there should be somethign prewired to the rear where the optional subwoofers can go. I would think it is prewired as most cars use only one wire harness. Somebody will just have to identify where that is. And with the battery in the trunk, the subwoofer shoudl be an easy install!

TAG UR IT 04-19-2009 11:26 AM

I think there is a pre=amp output. I heard someone saying it was in the trunk. We'll just have to wait and see.

MTron 04-19-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 416645)
I think there is a pre=amp output. I heard someone saying it was in the trunk. We'll just have to wait and see.

that would be a dream come true. From what i have read about the BA system it seems to have great sound quality, and decent volume levels, so adding a nice sub and amp in the trunk to boost the bass a bit would be super easy if there is a per-amp sub output back there

ZZcamaro 04-19-2009 10:23 PM

The question is....would that pre-out be full or sub only? Sub only I would think...Although I would like to be able to find and replace the factory amp on the BA system

SSCamaro2010 04-27-2009 02:35 PM

when i ordered my car i left my 1ss sound system stock, i didnt order the BA one, will the stock sound system still have Subwoofer preamp output??

69Firebird 05-13-2009 08:43 AM

Has anyone with a 2SS or 2LT been able to Confirm if there are pre-out hookups in the trunk?
If so is there also an accessory feed to turn your amp on and off?

I have two 12's and an Amp ready to go in, it would be awesome if there is already wiring in place.

Camar0wn3d 05-13-2009 09:19 AM

I read on another post that the cigarette lighter 12V outlet is switched by the ignition. I plan on piggybacking off that and running wire to the trunk to get my remote lead for the amp.

+1 would love to get an answer on the pre-amp outs though.

Gentry78 05-13-2009 01:24 PM

i already asked this in another thread and this is the best anwser i got so far

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcernik (Post 449394)
Well I ripped the trunk apart.
On the left side is what appears to be an amplifier.
On the right side is a small fuse panel.

There may be a switched power in that panel, I forgot to look, I was busy looking for some kind of harness to plug into but found nothing.

I talked to a service tech at my dealership this morning and he said they have really no info on the addon sub/amp package or even a service manual on the Camaro yet.

So for now it looks like the only way to do it is a Hi-Low converter off the rear speakers.

CWI 05-16-2009 01:35 AM

It would just be too damn easy if there were a switched 12V and pre out wires. I hope they are there though.

At least we know it's easy and convenient to get the power from the battery.

Rogue Leader 05-16-2009 08:16 AM

There is no way they are offering this dealer installed sub woofer box option without some way for the dealers to easily hook it up. Before anyone cuts any wires I suggest we wait till a service manual shows up somewhere, or even better, the sub box and instructions show up.

JDBeck23 05-16-2009 08:43 PM

if there is a pre-amp and power hook up in the trunk... I'll kiss the ugliest woman working on the Oshawa line! I've always wondered why car manufacturers havent started doing this!

And to top it off, those who like the look of the factory headunit can easily add a subwoofer and keep the factory head unit, everybody wins!

Gentry78 05-19-2009 01:22 AM

why do so many people think there will be everything in the trunk, that makes no since all that means is extra wires and components, that will cost more that GM ain't gonna spend and be a waste for the majority of the public that will new touch the system. i'm pretty positive were going behind the dash for the signal if its even there, if not its real easy to to hook up a line level converter, or use the high level inputs with low pass filter on the amp but not recommended

Supermans 05-19-2009 01:58 AM

Someone who own a camaro, please let us know about the standard sound and BA upgrade in all models...