Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Replacing all Speakers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459662)

Trentin24 07-11-2016 06:51 PM

Replacing all Speakers

I am currently in the process of replacing all of my speakers.
I purchased the Infinity Kappa 60.11CS 6.5" speakers for the fronts, and the Infinity Kappa 693.11i 6x9" for the rears. Being powered by an Alpine-PDX-V9 amplifier, and I have a Rockford Fosgate P3D2-10 subwoofer.

A year or so ago i purchased the FARK V3 harness from Sub Thump because i was just running a 2 channel amp for my sub. But now that I am going to be using all new speakers, will I be able to use the harness if I am running new wire to all of the speakers?

I am going to be starting this towards the end of this week if everything gets in the mail like it says it is supposed to and i will be posting pictures of everything and updating my progress!

flyer08 07-11-2016 07:36 PM

You,could use it if you wire everything up to the harness. I used factory wires which arnt the best but I was tired of messing with it

Trentin24 07-11-2016 07:41 PM

So if I want to use the harness I can't run new wire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tazman 07-11-2016 07:58 PM

You can use the harness to supply the amp then run new wires from the amps to the speakers if that is what you want to do. I think it is difficult to get wires into the door so look at that before you decide you are going to run new speaker wires.

Trentin24 07-11-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman (Post 9199599)
You can use the harness to supply the amp then run new wires from the amps to the speakers if that is what you want to do. I think it is difficult to get wires into the door so look at that before you decide you are going to run new speaker wires.

I did it once in a previous camaro. It did suck but this time I'll have more patience and it's not my daily driver so I won't be stranded.

flyer08 07-11-2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trentin24 (Post 9199569)
So if I want to use the harness I can't run new wire?

I misread your original post...Below is correct, however running into the doors wasn't to bad for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman (Post 9199599)

CreeperRS 07-12-2016 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trentin24 (Post 9199835)
I did it once in a previous camaro. It did suck but this time I'll have more patience and it's not my daily driver so I won't be stranded.

Use the stock wiring, running new wires to every speaker is a pain! Stock wiring should suffice. You need an amp to power the 4ch and another amp or two to run your subwoofers. Use a 4ch amp that has Sub outputs. Or use something like AudioControl LC7i to create a true Sub output, that's what I would do. Also the rear speakers are a real PIA.

Roebel 07-12-2016 01:34 PM

I just installed the Alpine PDX-V9 last weekend. I used the whole Fark kit with the X2 connecting the speaker wires. There is absolutely no reason to rewire the speakers, you won't gain anything just add a lot of work and time.

CreeperRS 07-13-2016 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roebel (Post 9200726)
I just installed the Alpine PDX-V9 last weekend. I used the whole Fark kit with the X2 connecting the speaker wires. There is absolutely no reason to rewire the speakers, you won't gain anything just add a lot of work and time.

:word:

jshaf 07-14-2016 06:24 PM

I have upgraded both sound systems in both 5th gen camaros I have owned. didn't even bother with the rear deck speakers in either, too much hastle. sure the improvement will be better but cost to do so for the return just didn't make it worth while. concentrated on door components that were a much higher quality and would handle more power, fark kit, 4 channel amp that was almost double the stock power, mono amp and sub. went from 245 watts to just over 1000. pretty much clear at any volume and much louder when I want it to be.

jshaf 07-14-2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roebel (Post 9200726)

agree about the wiring, the wiring on the BA system was the one thing about the system they did right from the factory. will handle alot more power, no need to rewire

Rainbow1616 07-15-2016 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaf (Post 9204837)
I have upgraded both sound systems in both 5th gen camaros I have owned. didn't even bother with the rear deck speakers in either, too much hastle. sure the improvement will be better but cost to do so for the return just didn't make it worth while. concentrated on door components that were a much higher quality and would handle more power, fark kit, 4 channel amp that was almost double the stock power, mono amp and sub. went from 245 watts to just over 1000. pretty much clear at any volume and much louder when I want it to be.

So you just left your stock rear speakers in and powered them off the new amp or did you eliminate them?

Dizzy82 07-15-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 (Post 9205957)
So you just left your stock rear speakers in and powered them off the new amp or did you eliminate them?

If anything, most people eliminate/turn off the center dash speaker and leave the two rears alone.

Snoman 07-15-2016 03:58 PM

Hi Tentin, sorry--been afk.

Yea no, the 22awg oem lamp cord in your Camaro is not the same as aftermarket. Now, I'll give you the indisputable fact that most retail stores will attempt to sell you their version of snake oil, though please believe me when I say that there is nothing you can buy worth the money over Karma Wire. Cheap also, buy the 100' roll and be done with it.

Copper wire is copper wire is copper wire, we don't replace the OEM wire because it's copper. We primarily replace it because the 22awg is unable to properly handle the current load, with secondary benefits (albeit minor) of increased shielding, higher quality (content %) copper, lower amplifier strain, it's easy and it looks cool.

Minor issue with door, drill a hole below the grommet or run it through grommet with wire hanger.

http://imgur.com/a/kLIlP