Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Anyone tinting their windows on the vert? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157436)

thallman91 07-08-2011 04:55 PM

Anyone tinting their windows on the vert?

Wife and I have been going round and round about whether to tint the windows on the vert. I say yes..she says "no..you don't tint windows on a convertible." Most of these battles I lose..just FYI.

So was wondering if any of you vert owners have tinted your windows? Not sure what it would look like....if so..please post pics...thanks!!!

http://www.thallman.com/VRCsideup1small.jpg

thallman91 07-08-2011 04:59 PM

The more I look through the "Convertible" section..I'm seeing both. Some have tint..some don't. Tint looks pretty good on the verts....

calbert1999 07-08-2011 05:04 PM

Tint looks amazing on the SS coupe for asthetic purposes, keeps the sun rays out, and is great for privacy. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't look good on a vert, however, you hae to consider the other purposes of tint to decide.

ECCamaro 07-08-2011 08:04 PM

I can't wait to tint my windows! Hopefully will get the time this month!:w00t:

pnyklr 07-08-2011 09:39 PM

Second mod to mine will be tint. What is her reason for not wanting to tint on a vert?

-Funk

Augie1978 07-08-2011 09:44 PM

Luckily I have not had to look through any windows lately!

mikepage0007 07-08-2011 09:48 PM

look up drago, he is in our club...he had some tint issues..maybe he can give you some input

Drago77 07-08-2011 11:34 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Tint em'... it just looks GREAT- especially with a black top!

I will say this tho- the rear window is small enough already- it's only gonna make it worse. I don't even use it anymore. Between the size, auto dimming rear-view and the tint, it's virtually impossible to see through. I got really good with my mirrors.

Like Mike said- i did have some issues... the rear side windows were "laser cut" by the tint company, and didn't fit right, they had to pull and redo them a few times, otherwise there was light coming in between the two windows. And the rear window, I still have bubbles around the edges... again the laser-cut wasn't precise, or perhaps the installation... but the tint hit a ridge where the glass meets the insullation, and causes a bubbling effect. Tops being replaced for the "rub mark" issue right now, so I'll have to re-tint the new window, at a different location.

thallman91 07-09-2011 12:47 AM

That looks GREAT Drago! I'm thinking I'm gonna do it. This Texas sun is kicking my butt....

phdjent 07-09-2011 03:41 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Her ya go:

MiSS1LE 07-09-2011 07:36 PM

Tint

1 Attachment(s)
Mine with 30% tint.

exflirt 07-09-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thallman91 (Post 3440549)
Wife and I have been going round and round about whether to tint the windows on the vert. I say yes..she says "no..you don't tint windows on a convertible." Most of these battles I lose..just FYI.

You would tint the windows in a convertible for all the same reasons you would tint the windows in a coupe.

I can't imagine owning any vehicle without tinted windows. I don't need to make it easier for others to see what's in my car, I like my vehicle's interior in it's current "non-faded" condition, my car stays a whole lot cooler during the summer, and no one needs to know what I look like. (But then again, I'm a female so there are some security aspects that I take into account)

2002 SS Convertible = windows tinted before I even brought her home from the dealership.

PETRA 07-09-2011 09:33 PM

I tinted mine last month and LOVE it! Sadly I went with legal tint at 30... keep thinking I should have gone with 20 tho.... course I don't need the tickets, so....

I also tinted my taillights and sidemarkers.... I'm a happy camper. :w00t:

brengeek 07-10-2011 01:35 AM

First thing I did with ours is tint. 20% all around. Looks great on our white vert! Now I wouldn't ride around with the windows up and the top down, but the tint helps a lot with sun & heat even in the rainy area we live in.