Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Canadian & American Pricing Estimates (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7217)

NVMY68SS 09-29-2008 11:16 AM

A loaded Cobalt SS ( I know it's not the same, just using it as the lower comparison car) is $24,400. A Mustang Premium GT prices out at.........better sit down for all you fully loaded for under $? crowd........

$34, 985 (give or take a little depending on your specific options. And this is for the 300HP car.........

gladiatoro 09-29-2008 11:31 AM

:iono:Bob Lutz said the Camaro will be PREMIUM PRICED over the COMPETITION so 43.000 US for a FULLY LOADED SS RS seems correct , similar price to a Challenger SRT 8 , If this is true then I will probably buy a 2010 Stang GT which will cost WAY LESS

Mr. Wyndham 09-29-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gladiatoro (Post 140989)
:iono:Bob Lutz said the Camaro will be PREMIUM PRICED over the COMPETITION so 43.000 US for a FULLY LOADED SS RS seems correct , similar price to a Challenger SRT 8 , If this is true then I will probably buy a 2010 Stang GT which will cost WAY LESS

Premium was said as a substitute for the word "more". More could be a dollar...more could be 20,000 dollars. But we KNOW that it will be priced competitively to a Mustang. Two reasons:

#1; if it's not, it won't sell...which means "bye-bye, Camaro". End of story.
#2; Scott has said it would be. The team at Indy has said it would be. "Mustang is our target" is a quote I remember...

The way it sounds to me...these guesses were contrived by the folks at the plant. They're what the guys up there think the car will sell for....the same way we can come up with numbers here on the site...or at an autoshow talking to each other.

Don't anybody get worried or upset. These are in no way official numbers.

pinkcamaro10 09-29-2008 01:15 PM

Scott needs to chime in, in here and calm everyone down before the "camaro pricing riots" start.

headpunter 09-29-2008 01:17 PM

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

JeanBond21 09-29-2008 03:01 PM

read the signature....

Tantalizer43 09-29-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 141071)
Scott needs to chime in, in here and calm everyone down before the "camaro pricing riots" start.

I agree, but it seems like Scott is staying away from the pricing comments as of late...Can't say I blame him

gladiatoro 09-29-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 141063)
Premium was said as a substitute for the word "more". More could be a dollar...more could be 20,000 dollars. But we KNOW that it will be priced competitively to a Mustang. Two reasons:

#1; if it's not, it won't sell...which means "bye-bye, Camaro". End of story.
#2; Scott has said it would be. The team at Indy has said it would be. "Mustang is our target" is a quote I remember...

The way it sounds to me...these guesses were contrived by the folks at the plant. They're what the guys up there think the car will sell for....the same way we can come up with numbers here on the site...or at an autoshow talking to each other.

Don't anybody get worried or upset. These are in no way official numbers.

He said "Mustang is our target" did he mean the GT or the Shelby 500 ?? not trying to be negative don't get me wrong I think the new Camaro is a great car but I'm just not getting my hopes up yet ...:iono:

Hylton 09-29-2008 04:10 PM

Just go price out a G8 with the same options you want your Camaro to have and add a grand. All these people who think a loaded Camaro will be more expensive than a Vette are waaaaaay off.

Mr. Wyndham 09-29-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gladiatoro (Post 141202)
He said "Mustang is our target" did he mean the GT or the Shelby 500 ?? not trying to be negative don't get me wrong I think the new Camaro is a great car but I'm just not getting my hopes up yet ...:iono:

Valid question, because surely the SS will be pushing the limits of GT500-level performance. But ask yourself...would Chevy only offer an entry-level and then jump right to the "Top Dog" Camaro? That would make for a tremendous gap in the lineup. Besides, we've been told that 40k for an SS is a REALLY bad guess, and so is 25k for an LS.

Mustang V6 = Camaro V6
Mustang GT = Camaro SS
Mustang GT500 = SLP Camaro(??maybe??)

Add a little bit to an equally-equipped Camaro, and there's your best bet on pricing until they tell us the actual numbers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 141216)
Just go price out a G8 with the same options you want your Camaro to have and add a grand. All these people who think a loaded Camaro will be more expensive than a Vette are waaaaaay off.

That's probably more accurate than most guesses. But I'm not sure it would be the best guide. The G8 is imported, a Pontiac (which is inherently more expensive than a similar Chevy), a 4-door, and made in smaller numbers than Camaro will be...:iono:

tsg1391 09-29-2008 09:02 PM

if its over 30k for a base ss im going to get a mustang...gm better not mess this up

13F20 09-29-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 141071)

before the pricing riots start. There is already a linch mob forming in every major city.

hell i have been looking at the Shelby GT500 as a back up plan if this falls threw.

kanys 09-29-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsg1391 (Post 141459)
if its over 30k for a base ss im going to get a mustang...gm better not mess this up

Yeah same if an LT/RS gets to 28k, I am getting a GT Stang.

lakestar 09-29-2008 09:41 PM

There is more to a car than cylinders

Come on guys, there is more to a car than cylinders. The Mustang GT is 300 hp, you get that with our V6. And you get a much more sophisticated design that will save you gas as well. The mustang is a 5 year old design, the Camaro is new from the ground up. It is an amazing, beautiful car that can compete with the likes of the Infiniti G37 and even a low end corvette. Can you afford anything close to those? The SS has the same engine as the vette. There are suspension advances, engine advances, body advances, and more. We've waited years for this car, and you want to jump ship because you can afford 2 more cylinders with a Mustang? I would think it out again if I were you.:chevy: