Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Canadian & American Pricing Estimates (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7217)

kanys 09-30-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txturbo (Post 141759)
you know....this is suppose to be a Camaro enthusiast site.....if your saying "if it costs more than _____, I'm getting a Mustang" you're not a Camaro enthusiast.

Yeah you are correct I guess I can't truly call myself a Camaro enthusiast, just a muscle car enthusiast. I like the mustang quite a bit but to me the Camaro is a far superior car in every respect. I just don't want to pay (although I know it's a much more powerful car) an extra $6k-ish for a Camaro with similair interior features and mileage. But I have faith that GM will not price it anywhere near as high as the OP suggests.

camaro5 09-30-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gladiatoro (Post 142265)
:barf:20% more here in Canada hmmm yes we are getting ripped of again , do people not realize that the Canadian dollar in at 98 c today vs the US that's 2 CENTS difference not 20 CENTS the SS Camaro should only be 2% more expensive here in Canada and don't tell me that automatic headlight switch costs 10.000 what a JOKE , oh and it's even being built in CANADA so shipping would actually be LESS to CANADA since it is MADE IN CANADA I am DISGUSTED and will buy a SS in the U.S some how

I hear your pain. Also, GM has daytime running lights on all vehicles. It's cheaper for them to just put them in everything, rather than country-specific. So, there isn't even a penalty there. Hopefully the situation will change.

RetroDude 09-30-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gladiatoro (Post 142265)
:barf:20% more here in Canada hmmm yes we are getting ripped of again , do people not realize that the Canadian dollar in at 98 c today vs the US that's 2 CENTS difference not 20 CENTS the SS Camaro should only be 2% more expensive here in Canada and don't tell me that automatic headlight switch costs 10.000 what a JOKE , oh and it's even being built in CANADA so shipping would actually be LESS to CANADA since it is MADE IN CANADA I am DISGUSTED and will buy a SS in the U.S some how

Hey, if you think paying $1,000 to have a car delivered from Oshawa to BC is bad... try my point where I live 15 minutes from where they are assembled! I could easily pick it up myself, but the name of the game is "Share the Wealth" meaning that everyone has to pay the average cost no matter where they might live so that one area doesn't pay $20,000 just because they live the furthest away.

As for the 20% idea, this was developed many years back when our dollar was trading at a mere 70 cents to the US greenback. I think it's high time GM and the other Auto manufacturers revise this thinking and put us back to almost par! I would be happy with 10% even... that would save at least $2,500 on a LT2 Camaro! This would mean I could afford the insurance!:thumbup:

RetroDude 09-30-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro5 (Post 142287)
I hear your pain. Also, GM has daytime running lights on all vehicles. It's cheaper for them to just put them in everything, rather than country-specific. So, there isn't even a penalty there. Hopefully the situation will change.

Daytime running lights are on all US vehicles now too! So, what is the difference now? Why still 20%?:mad0259:

RetroDude 09-30-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro5 (Post 142159)
Dude,

Most people don't get worked up over things like this. Try not to let extreme opinions land. It's not easy, I know. This is one reason I don't post as much as I might.

Anyways, you were clear, and I enjoyed the educated speculation.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Hey, I'm Cool! :w00t:

I'm not at all worried about the random negative comments ( there always has to be someone that doesn't agree with you :sm4:) as this thread has brung forward a lot of concerns from Camaro lovers alike ( both negative as well as positive ), however, there are still a lot that feel my estimates posted ( Ok, not the $45,000 one :thumbdown:) are pretty close to what actually prices might be. I guess in January we will know for sure! Anyways, I found the feedback educational as well and will continue to view and see others have to say.

Z/28orSs 09-30-2008 07:32 PM

omg i say let all of these mustang guys get a stang so i can just have more people to destroy when i get my 2010 ss on the road.....any way what some of you are missing is that the base mustang is really sub base the Rs or what ever there calling the base camaro has plenty of standard options that just don't come in the base stang how many people walk away with a stang with nothing in it?? my friends dad just bought him a v6 stang and ran the price to 25K!!!! they gave him 1.5k off and said see ya most of the stuff he got is STANDARD!!! so shut up and wait for pricing and if you wan to compete with a gt500 just add some PERFORMANCE OPTIONS!!!! you know what you did to your previous camaro

tsg1391 09-30-2008 09:10 PM

you guys can bash on me all you want for not being a camaro enthusiast if i go and buy a mustang instead of a camaro. but like i said before, if the base price is over 30 grand that is ridiculous, when i can head to the ford dealership TODAY and get a decently equipped mustang for 28, and i could use the logic that a select few use all the time, and "buy performance options and get over 422 hp!"

now dont get me wrong, i want a camaro more than anything, but i am not willing to pay an arm for it.

camaro5 09-30-2008 10:19 PM

I will say one thing about speculation here.

Most of the speculation about things now revealed, was correct.

LS3 - check

L76 or similar - check L99 is LS3 with AFM added.

Weight - around 3900lbs for SS - check

Etc., etc.

Time will tell.

RetroDude 09-30-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsg1391 (Post 142551)
you guys can bash on me all you want for not being a camaro enthusiast if i go and buy a mustang instead of a camaro. but like i said before, if the base price is over 30 grand that is ridiculous, when i can head to the ford dealership TODAY and get a decently equipped mustang for 28, and i could use the logic that a select few use all the time, and "buy performance options and get over 422 hp!"

now dont get me wrong, i want a camaro more than anything, but i am not willing to pay an arm for it.

Hey, we're not all here to bash people for not being "Camaro Enthusiasts!":paddle: however, seeing that this is a Camaro forum site, :sm1:it's probably not the best to admit you'd actually purchase a Mustang either.;) I, myself, absolutely loved the 1st and 3rd generation Camaros... didn't mind the 2nd, but found issues with the 4th as to me it seemed to "bubbly" aka rounded and the composite headlamps made me feel something was out of place... just really didn't fit the styling in my opinion. The 5th generation :rolling5thgen:I absolutely love ! :wub: Back to Gen 1 styling with 21st century technology... what could be better! :thumbup: I would hate to see you pass up on a good thing such as the new Camaro, but we all have budgets to follow... just to me it doesn't make much sense :iono: spending $28,000 on a Mustang ( a car you'd settle for ) when you're considering $31,000 may be too expensive for a Camaro SS ( the car you really want ) does it? No one likes to settle for 2nd best... do they?:Whoa5thGenSmall:

Tal 10-01-2008 02:15 AM

I'm not going to get excited about a rumor, but these price points would not be competitive with anything except the Challenger SRT-8. I suppose the base at $23,000 would be close enough to get sales based on it's pure awesome but they could never meet even half of their volume goals with those prices, sales would tank after the first year of die hard Camaro fanatic purchases.

tsg1391 10-02-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetroDude (Post 142630)
: spending $28,000 on a Mustang ( a car you'd settle for ) when you're considering $31,000 may be too expensive for a Camaro SS ( the car you really want ) does it? No one likes to settle for 2nd best... do they?:Whoa5thGenSmall:

its not gonna end up being 31k, thats the thing. with options it will be more than that, and im afraid it may get to 35k. that is my actual limit. i guess when i said if its over 30k im not getting it, its because i can't/dont want to spend more than 35. sorry if i was misleading, i didnt mean for it to be like that.

CHVY4LF 10-02-2008 06:08 PM

I sure hope those are far off, im hoping 28000-29000 for base SS, other wise i may not even be able to afford one and might have to wait for the 2011 to come so they discount the 2010

RetroDude 10-13-2008 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyMR
EDIT 12:15AM 10/13:
IT'S OFFICIAL!! --> http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayS...74&docid=49453

Full pricing:
__________________________________________________ ____

OFFICIAL 2010 Camaro Pricing

Model:
Camaro LS -- $22,995 (MSRP)
Camaro 1LT -- $24,630 (MSRP)
Camaro 2LT -- $27,330 (MSRP)
Camaro 1SS -- $30,992 (MSRP)
Camaro 2SS -- $34,180 (MSRP)

Options:
Convenience and Connectivity w/ Automatic Transmission -- $665
Concenience and Connectivity w/ Manual Transmission -- $465
Interior Trim Package -- $500
RS Package w/ 1LT -- $1,750
RS Package w/ 2LT -- $1,450
RS Package w/ 1SS or 2SS -- $1,200
Carpeted Front -- $60
Engine Block Heater -- $75
Red Jewel Tint Premium Paint -- $295
Boston Acoustics System -- $495
Compact Spare Tire and Wheel -- $150
Cyber Gray Metallic Stripes -- $395
White Stripes -- $395
Power Sunroof -- $900
Transmission, Automatic 6-speed -- $995
19" Polished Aluminum Wheel w/ 1LT -- $720
19" Polished Aluminum Wheel w/ 2LT -- $470
20" Polished Aluminum Wheel -- $470

I guess my price estimates from Sept 28/08 weren't too far off after all ! ... I just wasn't aware that the prices I was hearing were for the 2LT & 2SS and not the 1LT & 1SS as expected. I guess if you want to add the RS package to each of the Base LT and SS models that would've made my base estimates pretty much bang on! Now, I guse have to wait for Canadian actual pricing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canadian & American Pricing Estimates Thread posted 09/28/08 by RetroDude

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I work in the Oshawa area and deal with many GM factory workers ( well at least until the car plant closes too! ) that will be building the Camaro. I've been asking if anyone has heard about the pricing for these Camaros. The general rumour is as follows:

Base LS Coupe = $ 26,000 CAN ... $ 23,000 US Actual $22,995.00
Base LS Convertible = Not due till Spring 2010 expect to pay $ 7,000 over Coupe SRP.

Base LT Coupe = $ 30,000 CAN ... $ 27,000 US 1LT $ $24,630 2LT $27,330 Base LT Convertible = Not due till Spring 2010 expect to pay $ 7,000 over Coupe SRP.

Base SS Coupe = $ 39,000 CAN ... $ 33,000 US 1SS $30,992 2SS $34,180 Base SS Convertible =Not due till Spring 2010 expect to pay $ 7,000 over Coupe SRP.

*** Please keep in mind that these are only ESTIMATES and not the actual SRP's ***