Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   2013 versus 2014 1LE (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300633)

Jims Mongoose 06-08-2013 01:24 AM

2013 versus 2014 1LE

Okay so here is the question. My dealer is getting a 1LE in a few days, and I have been bugging him for it. It is a 2SS 1LE, dual mode exhausts in black with black interior. Not RS so I'm bummed about the headlights but the colors are what I want.

The real question is whether I should wait for 2014. Do you guys think their will be any cool updates to the 2014 on the interior of the engine, or even the front dealer installed splitter. The hood is different I know, but are there any other rumored changes that might make me wait?

No taillight discussions please, thats another whole thread.:thumbup:

Jim:bonk:

Bauer2 06-08-2013 01:46 AM

If you can get it now for the right price I'd do it. There are much cheaper options for the HIDs than the RS package. My setup was just over $100 minus the Halos.

To answer your question though I haven't seen to many changes other than the cosmetic stuff you mentioned.

Egon 06-08-2013 01:49 AM

There will be a new color HUD and driver information center on the 2014 as well as the often controversial new front fascia and tail lights. I am personally waiting for the 2014 to get my 1LE, but I don't want to order it with the RS option. I don't want to pay for 2 sets of wheels and tires and I am going to get a dark color so the painted roof ditch moldings and antenna will not really be noticeable.

newb 06-08-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egon (Post 6644461)
There will be a new color HUD and driver information center on the 2014 as well as the often controversial new front fascia and tail lights. I am personally waiting for the 2014 to get my 1LE, but I don't want to order it with the RS option. I don't want to pay for 2 sets of wheels and tires and I am going to get a dark color so the painted roof ditch moldings and antenna will not really be noticeable.

2 sets of wheels and tires?

Jims Mongoose 06-08-2013 04:05 AM

Okay so I couldn't sleep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 6644517)
2 sets of wheels and tires?

Thanks for the quick response.:happy0180:

What do you mean by two sets of wheels and tires? :cool:
Would the RS package delete the 1LE wheels in favor of some other wheels? :mad0260:
If so what wheels and whould it still have the wider 1LE tires?

I am so confused:confused:

It's 2 in the morning here, better go back to dreaming of that 1LE:facepalm:

Jim

PS. Oh boy wife yelling at me, something about me and you other crazies on this forum.:crazy::sm0:

newb 06-08-2013 04:21 AM

The 1LE comes with the black wheels. Period.

Some people have lots of crazy ideas about what you are buying with the RS package. The price of the RS is primarily for the halo headlights. The SS with RS changes the wheel color from the non RS models. Add 1LE and the wheels change to black 10 spokes.

Jims Mongoose 06-08-2013 04:35 AM

Going to sleep

Thanks newb. What are you doing up so late or is it early.:thumbup:
Goodnight 'Gracie'.

Jim

newb 06-08-2013 04:47 AM

1145 pm here in Hawaii.

t&t moyer 06-08-2013 07:37 AM

Yeah if the price is right on the one coming in then it would be a wise choice so long as you don't mind not having the RS package.

I don't mind the redesign on the front and rear / tail lights for 14' besides the option for the Recaro seats is a bonus in my book, price pending on them of course.

toehead93 06-08-2013 07:39 AM

I am waiting for the Recaro seats. It I decide on halos it will be aftermarket as there seem to new several nice options now. The color HUD and DIC is cool but I can live without. I also like the new downforce items like the hood vent and ZL1 spolier in addition to the 1LE splitter.

Jims Mongoose 06-08-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toehead93 (Post 6644771)
I am waiting for the Recaro seats. It I decide on halos it will be aftermarket as there seem to new several nice options now. The color HUD and DIC is cool but I can live without. I also like the new downforce items like the hood vent and ZL1 spolier in addition to the 1LE splitter.

First, thanks to all.

I did not know about the different spoiler, same as ZL1, guess I just wasn't paying attention on all the other posts. Thanks for that.

What are the several nice options on the Halos in the after market. How much and how tough a job is it to change?Only real part of RS that I am concerned about.

Thanks
Jim:D

Monte Mac 06-08-2013 09:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The spoiler is not the same on the 1LE and ZL1, (maybe in the 14s) but they all look the same to me (14s) Just my opinion. But I really think you should go for it, add the HID Halo lights if you want them. Also add the ZL1 rockers like I did, really compliments the look of the splitter :thumbup:

Egon 06-08-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose (Post 6644538)
Thanks for the quick response.:happy0180:

What do you mean by two sets of wheels and tires? :cool:
Would the RS package delete the 1LE wheels in favor of some other wheels? :mad0260:
If so what wheels and whould it still have the wider 1LE tires?

I am so confused:confused:

It's 2 in the morning here, better go back to dreaming of that 1LE:facepalm:

Jim

PS. Oh boy wife yelling at me, something about me and you other crazies on this forum.:crazy::sm0:

Sorry didn't mean to confuse, but the 1LE package comes with wheels and tires unique to that package and are included in the $3500 MSRP. The RS package price is $1350 MSRP and also includes wheels as part of the appearance package. Your car can’t have 8 wheels even though you are purchasing both if you have a 1LE and the RS option on the same car. I do like the RS headlights but I can’t justify to myself to pay $1350 for them. That’s all I am saying.

toehead93 06-08-2013 12:14 PM

1LE and ZL1 share same spoiler for 2014, the 2013 1LE has the standrd SS spoiler. I have seen some good looking and affordable halo kits in the appearance section but i dont remember any of the details on them.